• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights of A Spouse in Marriage

:start:

:salams

:alhumdull

What if any of the spouse can not fulfil the rights commanded by Allah (SWT)?

:jkk:

:wswrwb:
    www.ashaabulquran.com
    www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Re: Rights of A Spouse in Marriage

I ask myself the same question

but have been advised to have subr until inshallah one day they can!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sulaiman Harun View Post

Why wouldn't he/she be able to ?
      He/She should fulfil the commands of Allah. Listen and obey!
      Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
        Why wouldn't he/she be able to ?
        He/She should fulfil the commands of Allah. Listen and obey!
        He may not be able to as he is trhe may not be fully clued up on his wifes rights and his parents rights. consequently, in trying to fulfill his parents, he ends up neglecting his wifes rights.

a common occurence for men who have a lack of knowledge about marriage or their deen in general.

Comment

Would depend on what it is, which rights were being infringed on. Obviously some are more "serious" than others and so any "action" would depend accordingly.

If its financial, housing, shelter then have patience, trust in Allah (swt) and support your partner in the halal method(s) by which he chooses to adopt and employ in order to obtain and grant you your right. "Demanding" to have your rights is not a healthy way for a marriage to be.
          You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by north/south sis View Post
            He may not be able to as he is trhe may not be fully clued up on his wifes rights and his parents rights. consequently, in trying to fulfill his parents, he ends up neglecting his wifes rights.

a common occurence for men who have a lack of knowledge about marriage or their deen in general.
            But the thread started said if he 'can not' (implying he knows), why would he not be able to ?
            Plus, people should be educated about rights, responsibilites ets - How can you go into a marriage being clueless-sad! Marriage isn't something little !
            Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Ask yourself the same question and then ask Allah ta alaa for forgiveness :)
              "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by Sulaiman Harun View Post

As a muslim i thk that its the husband who should take in charge of her wife after marrying which mean also that he should took into consideration his wife practicing that is performing her islamic duty according to ALLAH (swt).
                Dont also forget the hadith where the prophet ((saw) said ; "you should look for 4 things when you choose a wife 1-Her Religion 2-Her Beauty 3-Her Wealth 4-Her Descendant(ancestors)

Comment

Originally posted by Al-jafa View Post
                  As a muslim i thk that its the husband who should take in charge of her wife after marrying which mean also that he should took into consideration his wife practicing that is performing her islamic duty according to ALLAH (swt).
                  Dont also forget the hadith where the prophet ((saw) said ; "you should look for 4 things when you choose a wife 1-Her Religion 2-Her Beauty 3-Her Wealth 4-Her Descendant(ancestors)
                  I chose one of the other three when I met my wife before I reverted, but if I had not then she would not be considering saying the shahadah. Allah SWT makes use of every situation.
                  First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
                  Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
                  Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
                  And then they came for me.

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
                    But the thread started said if he 'can not' (implying he knows), why would he not be able to ?
                    Plus, people should be educated about rights, responsibilites ets - How can you go into a marriage being clueless-sad! Marriage isn't something little !
                    emotional blackmail by parents - u know your wifes rights but feel guilty if you dont obey your parents. sometimes a wife may think her husband understands his obligations but when he is tested, he fails to fulfill the rights......a true test of whether one truly fears Allah i guess:(

Comment

I should have the last word.

(joke)
                      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by north/south sis View Post
                        emotional blackmail by parents - u know your wifes rights but feel guilty if you dont obey your parents. sometimes a wife may think her husband understands his obligations but when he is tested, he fails to fulfill the rights......a true test of whether one truly fears Allah i guess:(
                        Well exactly !

Comment

Does the spouse (any) have the right to ask for divorce if the other one goes beyond the limits in violation of rights?
                          www.ashaabulquran.com
                          www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

It's really difficult for anyone to comment when we dun even know what is the violation you are talking about. It's not a fair trial.

It's up to you if you want to forgive that person. Forgiving someone pleases Allah too. Instead of quick to judge and sentence someone to punishment when we dun even know what the person has violated!!!???!!! Why can't you just forgive that person???!!!???

It's really not on you coming here ask the question and expect us to give our opinions and then use our opinions to judge that person when we dun even know what violation you are talking about and Allah is the best judge.

:(
                            "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by Al-jafa View Post
                              what happened to 'character'???? where did you get the '4' from????

Comment

Working...
                              X