• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to propose? Im scared...lol

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post
    :start:

:salams

Guess what those two words are generally?

'Assalamu Alaykum'

:) :D

:wswrwb:
    If a brother said Salaams to you...isn't it only right to reply with a Wa alaikum salaams? Otherwise wouldn't it be rude not too?
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
      :shock: u cheeky mare! *runs after islamic Girl*
      Sorry big sis! I didn't mean it that way!

It's just uni life is different and you do get offers but i've realised there is a way to avoid unwanted attention- as you get an idea if someone is interested, if you don't want them to ask for your Wali's number you simply give them the 'brush off' if that makes sense.

(Am i still being chased by you? :) :D )

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Oh my gosh.. some of you lot are so Bollywood. ..I can't believe MMS had the most sensible suggestion so far, LOL

Dude, do it through a third party, might be easier and seem more respectable to her and her family. Then if it's gets far enough you can go round to her house and chat to her, take your family, get to know the situation and whatever.
        [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
        [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
        [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
        Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Sorry big sis! I didn't mean it that way!

It's just uni life is different and you do get offers but i've realised there is a way to avoid unwanted attention- as you get an idea if someone is interested, if you don't want them to ask for your Wali's number you simply give them the 'brush off' if that makes sense.

(Am i still being chased by you? :) :D )

yeh i know what u mean sis, ill let u off this time!
          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by Kubra View Post
            If a brother said Salaams to you...isn't it only right to reply with a Wa alaikum salaams? Otherwise wouldn't it be rude not too?

Oh yeah sis i'm always giving Salaams to those who i know and so so many brothers give me salaams in real life and online but the key is not to get ideas- some people do you know- 'omg the guy with the 6 foot beard said :salams: maybe it means something'.... not! :) :p

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
              Oh my gosh.. some of you lot are so Bollywood. ..I can't believe PMS had the most sensible suggestion so far, LOL

i know

sheesh ummah forums really have gone down the pan
              Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
              They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
                i know

[CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Oh yeah sis i'm always giving Salaams to those who i know and so so many brothers give me salaams in real life and online but the key is not to get ideas- some people do you know- 'omg the guy with the 6 foot beard said :salams: maybe it means something'.... not! :) :p

Haha I definitely agree :p
                  Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Guess what those two words are generally?

'Assalamu Alaykum'

:) :D

:rotfl:

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
                      i know

nobody even repped me :( i was being all mature aswell :(
                      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                        hmm just walk upto her causally, gaze low and just say to her:

"Wagwan G, set the the digits"
                        oh my days that reminds me of [email protected] poem, roses are red violets are blue but your ............... nah i don't think i'll say it

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                          oh my days that reminds me of [email protected] poem, roses are red violets are blue but your ............... nah i don't think i'll say it
                          i aint heard that, cum on Abu cough up....:1popcorn:
                          What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by angel* View Post
                            i aint heard that, cum on Abu cough up....:1popcorn:
                            lol - yeh i 2nd tht :D
                            من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

lol funny thread.

Anyway, don't use those cheesy lines as some people suggested lol....the only thing that might get you is a:
                              Freeeeeeeeeeeeee Palestine

sign Afzal Guru petition

www.freesheeshan.blogspot.com

Comment

just messin....

Abu waiting 4 ur lines, unless u wanna post in the masterpiece thread thats kl 2!
                                What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Working...
                                X