How to propose? Im scared...lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to propose? Im scared...lol

Before you say anything - tell her how hard it's been for you and how nervous you've been about saying this "but..I'd really like to get to know you more, I can't stop thinking about you, would you mind I asked your Wali's permission first?"

Simple innit?

If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post
      :start:

:salams

Dude you can't say that! If hat happened to me i'd say 'homey let it be let me do the talking you do the chilling' - write a number down and bunch it up and say read it when you get home.

When he goes home the number is '999'

Braaap!

:wswrwb:
      Lmao, oh maybe

079 678 82....you wish! :up:

Too be honst I wouldn't like a brother to come ask me for my walis detail, I'd rather he got a sister he may be related too, to ask.

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

hook it up through the isoc ;)
        Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
          That can be quite embarrassing 'cuz then quite a few would know- and it's not like she's guaranteed to say yes is she?

It's be kinda awkwards for the bro and sis.

(weird scenario: massive Jum'aah prayer at the isoc at the end a bearded bro announces this through speaker.... :) :p )

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

That can be quite embarrassing 'cuz then quite a few would know- and it's not like she's guaranteed to say yes is she?

It's be kinda awkwards for the bro and sis.

(weird scenario: massive Jum'aah prayer at the isoc at the end a bearded bro announces this through speaker.... :) :p )

bwahaha naa not like that he can like go to the head brother or something n have a word with him who in turn has a word to the head sister who then approaches the girl :p
            Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

bwahaha naa not like that he can like go to the head brother or something n have a word with him who in turn has a word to the head sister who then approaches the girl :p
              Hmm maybe but imagine you take a break from your studies, you go to the prayer room to Read Salaah, read your Salaah then a sis with a big grin jumps on you going 'I have news for you...you lucky thang!'

I'd be petrified!

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                hmm just walk upto her causally, gaze low and just say to her:

"Wagwan G, set the the digits"
                :rotfl:
                “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                  Before you say anything - tell her how hard it's been for you and how nervous you've been about saying this "but..I'd really like to get to know you more, I can't stop thinking about you, would you mind I asked your Wali's permission first?"

Simple innit?

lol akhi! you cant walk up to a muslim woman and say that :shock:

just find out from other brothers who her walli is ( one of them might have a sister or something who knows her to ask for the number of her walli ) and then go direct to her walli before u even speak to her, and find out if she is even available for marriage in the first place,u know the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam forbade a muslim man to ask for the hand of a woman that his muslim brother has already asked for until she rejects the first suitor or he decides to not marry her, once u have made contact with the walli and found out a bit about her from him, then u can arrange to meet her with her mahram present.
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    lol akhi! you cant walk up to a muslim woman and say that :shock:

just find out from other brothers who her walli is ( one of them might have a sister or something who knows her to ask for the number of her walli ) and then go direct to her walli before u even speak to her, and find out if she is even available for marriage in the first place,u know the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam forbade a muslim man to ask for the hand of a woman that his muslim brother has already asked for until she rejects the first suitor or he decides to not marry her, once u have made contact with the walli and found out a bit about her from him, then u can arrange to meet her with her mahram present.
                    salaamz, :D

sounds like a plan :up:
                    من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                      hmm just walk upto her causally, gaze low and just say to her:

"Wagwan G, set the the digits"
                      :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: that wuld prob the shock her 4 like 30 secs enuf time to drop her ur number and leg it b4 she recovers, then its up 2 her what she does.........:rotfl:

mmm good idea.:up:

listen akhi just go up 2 her and let her know what how u feel and if shez interested ask her 4 her waliz number, simple!
                      What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by dimension View Post
                        Salam

probably loads of threads on this but i cant find them

say you see someone at uni - you know she likes you ( or you get the impression she does ) what would you do?

its a bit embarrasing and very scary to go up to her - but then if you dont ask you'll never know... so confused :(

we're talking about marriage here btw - not dating or anything stupid like that
                        Go up to her and say:

Sister, I'd like to be straightforward and honest with you. I'm very nervous so I'm just going to make this quick. I think I'm in love with you and If I don't ask you to be my wife, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me. Will you marry me?

Cheesy? I thought so :p

Just ignore what I wrote above - Ask for her Wali's number.
                        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                          Well how do you know she's giving you "hints"?

And if she is dropping hints, then you asking for wali's info isn't going to come as a shock will it?

:1popcorn:
                          yeh depends what ur defination is of "hints" cos some guys think jus by saying 2words to them your giving them hints

is someone to approach her on your behalf, someone neutral? maybe a mutual friend? and ask if she is interested for marriage purposes, he wont even have to say your name initially and find out if she is already married or looking in the meantime?
                          Last edited by MG; 27-07-07, 08:12 PM.
                          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Rmbr do it with class, iv had brotherz ask 4 my waliz number in uni, but cuz im not interested i just give em a glare and walk off, (i know im really mean) but if i was id want them 2 do it with it "class", good luck!
                            What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                              yeh depends what ur defination is of "hints" cos some guys think jus bye saying 2words to them your giving them hints
                              Guess what those two words are generally?

'Assalamu Alaykum'

:) :D

Comment

Guess what those two words are generally?

'Assalamu Alaykum'

:) :D

:shock: u cheeky mare! *runs after islamic Girl*
                                The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Working...
                                X