X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to propose? Im scared...lol

Salam

probably loads of threads on this but i cant find them

say you see someone at uni - you know she likes you ( or you get the impression she does ) what would you do?

its a bit embarrasing and very scary to go up to her - but then if you dont ask you'll never know... so confused :(

we're talking about marriage here btw - not dating or anything stupid like that

Re: How to propose? Im scared...lol

Find out if shes not already married

Show your interest in her by making her aware of it - and whether she has any interest in return - no point in barking up the wrong tree - then ask for her wali's information.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Salaam Alaikum brother

Well you could pray istikhara and then go to her family with ur father or someone like that and tell them you are interested in their daughter, could you sit and talk to her and see if you guys would like to proceed for marriage. Although sometimes that is not always the most practical way, I think it is the most Islamic as if you approach the sister directly it may lead to things you were not hoping for such as dating.

If going to the family is not an option, perhaps you could confide in another sister or brother who knows a sister (brother with wife or sister etc) and tell them you are interested in the girl for marriage and if they would be willing to ask the girl if she is interested in getting 2 u better for the intent to marry inshAllah.
      The Torah- Old Testament
      The Bible- New Testament
      The Quran- FINAL TESTAMENT!!

:inlove::hidban::hidban::inlove:

Comment

:start:

:salams

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
        Find out if shes not already married

Bro: Yeah- sis you're so clever MashaAllah i bet your hubby is well pleased of you!

Sis: I'm not married

Bro: MashaAllah... can i have your wali's num...

Sis: I'm engaged....

Bro: OoOops! Dang!

Istikhaara is the best way round this akhee!

:wswrwb:
        Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

i dont think she's married - i dont think she'd give me hints otherwise

how do you get walis number? cant just walk up to her or can i? seems wierd - confusing situation

Comment

LOL I just realized my post barely made sense... LOL

But I am too lazy to edit it, so I hope you can take some info from it lol
            The Torah- Old Testament
            The Bible- New Testament
            The Quran- FINAL TESTAMENT!!

:inlove::hidban::hidban::inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by dimension View Post
              i dont think she's married - i dont think she'd give me hints otherwise

how do you get walis number? cant just walk up to her or can i? seems wierd - confusing situation

Well how do you know she's giving you "hints"?

And if she is dropping hints, then you asking for wali's info isn't going to come as a shock will it?

:1popcorn:
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Well you could pray istikhara and then go to her family with ur father or someone like that and tell them you are interested in their daughter, could you sit and talk to her and see if you guys would like to proceed for marriage. Although sometimes that is not always the most practical way, I think it is the most Islamic as if you approach the sister directly it may lead to things you were not hoping for such as dating.
                i guess that seems the best thing to do - but i dunno if i have the courage to walk right up to her , she's always with friends - i havent got the guts yet lol

LOL I just realized my post barely made sense... LOL

But I am too lazy to edit it, so I hope you can take some info from it lol
                dont worry it made sense - had to read it twenty times to understand what you were going on about but it made sense lol :D

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post

Bro: Yeah- sis you're so clever MashaAllah i bet your hubby is well pleased of you!

Sis: I'm not married

Bro: MashaAllah... can i have your wali's num...

Sis: I'm engaged....

Bro: OoOops! Dang!

Istikhaara is the best way round this akhee!

lol dont make up such scenarios - your making me even more scared :(

lol

Comment

lol dont make up such scenarios - your making me even more scared :(

lol
                    Hmm are you sure she'd say yes?

I mean she's single sure but is she ready to get married, has she indicated this? Or maybe she's waiting for the degree to finish until she starts the whole marriage thing?

Why don't you find out if she has any relatives at the uni and tell them of your interest and get the Wali's number from them?

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Well how do you know she's giving you "hints"?

And if she is dropping hints, then you asking for wali's info isn't going to come as a shock will it?
                      well... i just know - im not the kinda guy who thinks all women are in love with him
                      with this sister im 95% sure she does like me - but that doenst make it any easier for me, i dunno how to apporach her

why does it have to be so difficult??????????

dang! have to go - be back in a few hours...please keep the advice coming everyone - gonna read it all .. get back to ya later
                      hop you lot have solved my problem by the time i get back lol

salams

Comment

with this sister im 95% sure she does like me - but that doenst make it
                        How do you know akhee?

What if it's a misunderstanding?

Akhee please i'm not trying to burst your bubble but how long have you know her?

Comment

Exactly. You can't just "know".

Meh. Good luck :p :1popcorn:

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

hmm just walk upto her causally, gaze low and just say to her:

"Wagwan G, set the the digits"
                            Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                              hmm just walk upto her causally, gaze low and just say to her:

"Wagwan G, set the the digits"

Dude you can't say that! If hat happened to me i'd say 'homey let it be let me do the talking you do the chilling' - write a number down and bunch it up and say read it when you get home.

When he goes home the number is '999'

Braaap!

Comment

Working...
                              X