Marriage after converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as-Salāmu ʿalaykum.

Have you heard of story of the man who killed 99 men?

Basically, at the end, he was advised to do to two things to repent to Allāh and leave his town to go another place. Why? The people of his town would constantly remind him of his past etc.

Of course, in the case of a revert, once a person reverts to Islām, then they are instantly forgiven for their pasts, little and big sins (which bare people have mentioned that a lot above). However, as well as changing your name legally, have you thought about leaving to your city to another?

If you based in America, maybe from one state to the other and start completely fresh. Or if you're based in the UK, specifically London, then maybe conside leaving the UKas-Salāmu ʿalaykum.

Have you heard of story of the man who killed 99 men?

Basically, at the end, he was advised to do to two things to repent to Allāh and leave his town to go another place. Why? Because the people of his town would constantly remind him of his past etc.

Of course, in the case of a revert, once a person becomes Muslim, then they are instantly forgiven for their past, little and big sins (which bare people have mentioned above). However, as well as changing your name legally, have you thought about leaving your city to another?

If you're based in America, maybe from one state to the other and start completely fresh. Or if you're based in the UK, specifically London, then... leave the UK altogether because I can't think of living anywhere else than there. Birmingham is boring.

Comment

That's very unfortunate to hear. Like everyone said, it's better to be honest than hide it. I know it might not be easy and very hard. Like a brother said earlier, you don't have to go into details but it's good if the other person knows what they're getting into to avoid any confusion.
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kaydee View Post
        Hello, I am currently in the process of converting. That being said, my "past" life has not been what one would call modest. I was a bikini model for multiple years. Will this have a huge impact on finding a spouse in the future? I am pretty worried about it.
        This should not stop you from converting.
        Some of the Sahabs have done very bad things in the past before converting to Islam.
        and marriage is from Allah with whom and when it’s written.
        sure your man will understand that you were not a Muslim before, so it’s different. And are no longer doing it so..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X