This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband is hiding any proof of nikkah

A revert I know got married to a Pakistani man. She was not able to be at the nikkah ceremony and the ceremony was conducted with a wali representing her (the Imam was her wali she thinks as this is who she asked to be as this is common practice among reverts.
    After the nikkah was completed her husband did not produce a nikkah certificate like she asked and has refused to tell her the name of the imam (who was supposed to act as her wali) or the name of any of the witnesses. Therefore she has no way of proving the nikkah even took place! Because of this she does not want to move into his home as she suspect the nikkah did not take place at all and he is just trying to deceive her into sex.
    She says she does not know if the nikkah was genuine or not.
    Does the nikkah having no evidence and her not being provided with the evidence invalidate the nikkah if it was indeed performed validly?
    She had no witnesses from her side and the wali was the Imam who spoke no English.
    She did speak to him on the phone when he got her consent and he spoke with a translator. However she is unsure if this was a genuine imam and the marriage took place at all.
    Last edited by Jahanzaob; 1 week ago.

Please ask a scholar that you trust and is well known to the Muslims. That said, Shiekh Assim has a website that I follow and send questions. Sunday to Friday. You have to be quick when the time arrives as it gets full within minutes sometimes! If you get an error when the time arrives, refresh it! Usually I get answer the next day. Hope this helps!
    https://www.assimalhakeem.net/ask-a-question/
    Last edited by Dhrubo; 1 week ago.

Comment

If there is smoke, there is fire. If she feels something is off, then she should be careful and do her due diligence in finding out if it was a real nikah or not.

Comment

Tell her to contact the nearest mosque and speak to an Imam about this
        She can also speak to the Sharia council that deal with marriage related queries.

Is she from the UK?

Has marriage become a joke to people or something, this is disgraceful.

Too many morons in this world. That man needs his mum to slap him across the face and drag him by the ears, how are these women raising such khombokths, why would a husband hide who the imam is and not show the marriage certificate.

Men like him give South Asian men a bad name.
        Tell her not to consummate the marriage, she wasn't thinking this through properly and why was she not present during the nikah, what was the rush that it had to be done without her.

Is this a troll thread or something. Anyway, lol I'll calm down but if this is a genuine situation I hope she gets out of it.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Just checked your profile
          You should ask your parents to help you because you are lost and need guidance, you said that you're an idiot in your first post so at least you know you were wrong.

Maybe parents will know the name of the wakeel that you arranged.

Find the marriage certificate, did someone eat it.

You should sort this out asap and get in touch with registered imams, your reputation is at stake as a married man who went after another woman without divorcing the first one.

Hope it works out for you.
          Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 week ago.
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

ok.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X