X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The western influence on sisters

Assalamu alaykum

Do you think sisters who have been brought up in the west have more of an issue when it comes to being a submissive wife to their husband and letting him have the final say on decisions and being the head of the household?

Originally posted by Ummhaleemah View Post
    Assalamu alaykum
    Do you think sisters who have been brought up in the west have more of an issue when it comes to being a submissive wife to their husband and letting him have the final say on decisions and being the head of the household?
    Waleikumusalam,

What do you think?

Comment

They may not be submissive but I would say they still have the capacity to respect their husbands.

By the way, westernization is a global phenomenon now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ummhaleemah View Post
        Assalamu alaykum

When i was in Egypt and Saudia arabia i never seen a submissive wife. In fact they were all bossing around their husbands, which surprised me. While in the west my previous next door western neighbor who is a lawyer who cowardly criminally beat up his western wife because she was not submissive enough to him and the police were called on him and I do not know what happened to the lawyer because he had moved out of the neighborhood after that incident. Western women can be very oppressed.

Wa alaykom assalam
        Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 31-07-21, 05:59 AM.
        ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
          When i was in Egypt and Saudia arabia i never seen a submissive wife. In fact they were all bossing around their husbands, which surprised me. While in the west my previous next door western neighbor who is a lawyer who cowardly criminally beat up his western wife because she was not submissive enough to him and the police were called on him and I do not know what happened to the lawyer because he had moved out of the neighborhood after that incident. Western women can be very oppressed.

Wa alaykom assalam
          What background is the lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

What background is the lawyer?
            He specializes in criminal law.
            ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

He specializes in criminal law.
              No, in terms of his ethnicity? Is he Muslim too?

Comment

No, in terms of his ethnicity? Is he Muslim too?
                No he is not a muslim and he wears a cross and he is white and i do not know his ethnicity.

Comment

No he is not a muslim and he wears a cross and he is white and i do not know his ethnicity.
                  Well, he's white christian presumably so that answers the ethnicity question.

I think op mean muslims in general

Comment

Well, he's white christian presumably so that answers the ethnicity question.

I think op mean muslims in general
                    Your right, but she seems to have the notion that in the west women are not submissive and oppressed by their husbands. That is not true many western women in the USA suffer from domestic violence perpetuated by their husbands. Here is a USA website about it https://www.ncadv.org/statistics

Comment

Your right, but she seems to have the notion that in the west women are not submissive and oppressed by their husbands. That is not true many western women in the USA suffer from domestic violence perpetuated by their husbands. Here is a USA website about it https://www.ncadv.org/statistics
                      Ok that's interesting
                      • Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.2
                      I'm curious to know why this happens a lot within this age range or if age is even relevant
                      Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 31-07-21, 11:22 AM.

Comment

No, I think there's a mixture of women and their 'submission' depends on their understanding of what being an obedient wife is and what Islam has dictated and assigned to each gender.

Being born and raised in the west, it's not a big problem, but the problem is when the authority is used to inflict dhulm. Too many abusive relationships out there and weirdos that use this part of religion to their advantage.

I spoke to someone who goes to a mixed gym, I said to him I wouldn't want my spouse to go to a mixed gym, he said that's micro managing him

It's understandable when you have to work with the opposite gender, but when you choose to go to a gym where women are showing up with tight tops and revealing clothing, moving their body, I highly doubt a man will lower his gaze- they'll go crazy. A modest man wouldn't go near a gym like that.

I stopped talking to him, a psychopath and not my type.

I'd understand if my spouse said to me not to go to a mixed gym. But people that don't understand the wisdom behind that will think you are controlling them, that's why it's important to marry someone with the same beliefs. Being a Muslim is not enough, you have to have the same level of practise and understanding.

I think a man that can make the right final decision is an attractive trait, really don't like men who have to be baby sat on what is the right thing to do. Finding a decisive person is rare though, those that can keep the balance and be a role model.

There's plenty of nutcases who think they're leaders.

​​​​​​
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

there are westernised liberal muslim women in the east and west due to the internet and social media, nfluence of hollywood and modern lifestyle you will see liberal muslims in even the most isolated muslim cities in muslim countries

however in the west there will probably be a higher rate of muslim women working and getting use to gender roles being exchanged and so they will have more manly characteristics high confidence, lack of shyness, some thinking obedience to husband is extreme and she must have also have 50:50 of the final say (this is a generalisation there are still good muslim women in the west but there will probably be more liberalist feminist muslim women in the west compared to the east)

you could still go east and find some disobedient woman

these disobedient type of women should not be married to and if they are they should be divorced

Comment

Sadly... not only with western influence many deeni women are more arrogant than ever before thinking they are "God" if they have some good features and know how to make a few nice dishes in the kitchen...

This comes from the way their families "worship" them...

Comment

Originally posted by Eijaz Koor View Post
                              Sadly... not only with western influence many deeni women are more arrogant than ever before thinking they are "God" if they have some good features and know how to make a few nice dishes in the kitchen...

This comes from the way their families "worship" them...
                              Hasn't that treatment been the same for men in certain cultures, for many centuries even? Even up til today.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X