Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

It does to me, for some reason...
    Aww bless. Its cos the singletons on here are adamant there's sth a special type of love out there.

When in reality, to create a bond with your spouse, it requires you to follow what Allah swt and the nabi saw told us to do.

Sorry I'm not digging at anyone here. I know plenty people outside this forum believe this.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Right. The only one thing, that will bring out this "special type of love" in a man by a "specific type of woman".... is called.....

Respect.

If you can respect him without conditions he will love you without conditions. Simple method.
      conditions, both before & after, are not good for a healthy marriage. ---- sometimes when a spouse gets angry/aggressive, you should have the capability to cool down things, this will also earn you respect.
      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Aww bless. Its cos the singletons on here are adamant there's sth a special type of love out there.

When in reality, to create a bond with your spouse, it requires you to follow what Allah swt and the nabi saw told us to do.

Sorry I'm not digging at anyone here. I know plenty people outside this forum believe this.
        I gave you the example of the girl who married a village boy --- they also believed that they were made for each other, but it's only six months and the girl thinking of divorce.
        "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
        western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

for a start spell 'lurve' right lol 🤦🤷

no such thing as special lurve imo,
          also I remember watching a little TikTok of this rapper and he was explaining why he thinks loyalty is better then lurve, in a nutshell he said sometimes peeps do bad things to you to out of 'lurve' but then with loyalty they'll commit to you 110% , obviously that's if they're truly loyal that is

after all these years on life I'm realizing that its true and I had never thought of it like that before tbh

Comment

Originally posted by imran1976 View Post

you have answered your own question.
            Its not a question that has an objective answer
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Oh I think you've misunderstood my statement. I agreed to the last part on love being "airy fairy" actually

so I dont believe there's a special type of love out there

Maybe instant attraction, but if it also grows into love, I would be lucky...
              Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 16-08-21, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Comment

I am not married

You're all overthinking this. Perhaps its so rare to see couples who genuinely love each other these days.

My grandparents have been married for over 50 years and they definitely went through many ups and downs. However after all of that time, they are still in love with each other. They still spoil each other and flirt and go on romantic little trips. My grandpa still calls my grandma his bride Very cute stuff.

Over 50 years and they are still going strong because they loved and cared deeply for each other and that love got them through the hard times. They raised a nice family and made each other better because of it. They had love based off of respect, compatibility and mutual understanding. If that isn't special then I don't know what is.

Its not some delusional fantasy that people seem to think it is. And I think its so sad that loving your spouse for who they are as a person isn't something that seems to matter to some. Loving your spouse will help you in your marriage. Just look at the prophet pbuh as your guide.

Imagine getting married and not caring about if you love your spouse or not. I didn't even consider that some people thought that way. This has been very interesting.

Comment

The movies make an unrealistic view of love. When your married some days you love your spouse, some days your friends, some days your passionate, some days you just about tolerate them, other days your enemies.... What keeps a couple together is respect, commitment, and love for Allah swt.

Comment

Some people are very cold and calculating. Marriage is a means to an end for them. They may not even be attracted to the opposite sex, so love doesn't really enter the equation. It's more about how much can I get out of this individual to achieve my own personal goals and ambitions.

Comment

Special type of love? Illusions, vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble atheistic intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as Hollywood itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as "special" love. You must be able to see it. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep searching for it. Why, Why? Why do you persist?

Because I choose to.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                          I am not married

You're all overthinking this. Perhaps its so rare to see couples who genuinely love each other these days.

My grandparents have been married for over 50 years and they definitely went through many ups and downs. However after all of that time, they are still in love with each other. They still spoil each other and flirt and go on romantic little trips. My grandpa still calls my grandma his bride Very cute stuff.

Over 50 years and they are still going strong because they loved and cared deeply for each other and that love got them through the hard times. They raised a nice family and made each other better because of it. They had love based off of respect, compatibility and mutual understanding. If that isn't special then I don't know what is.

Its not some delusional fantasy that people seem to think it is. And I think its so sad that loving your spouse for who they are as a person isn't something that seems to matter to some. Loving your spouse will help you in your marriage. Just look at the prophet pbuh as your guide.

Imagine getting married and not caring about if you love your spouse or not. I didn't even consider that some people thought that way. This has been very interesting.
                          I hope we all get blessed with what they have Insha'Allah

Comment

im not married but i voted cuz i have nothing better to do

Comment

That feeling you get when you see cheesecake
                              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post
                                im not married but i voted cuz i have nothing better to do
                                When you getting married son?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X