X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoblos View Post

its the fact that he specifically asked for unmarried muslim women as if divorced women weren't a choice for him. and I just find it laughable that a divorced man won't even contemplate a divorced female.
    yea they should be open minded but if his preference is a woman who hasnt been married before just because hes divorced i dont see why he cant take that route if thats what he pleases?

Leave a comment:

• Hoblos
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Yea that's wrong too, it's a backward mentality,
    some people love their cultures and traditions more then isl tbh
    its the fact that he specifically asked for unmarried muslim women as if divorced women weren't a choice for him. and I just find it laughable that a divorced man won't even contemplate a divorced female.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by hasan2013 View Post

I just want to chime in here bro
    So there's nothing wrong with it, but it's just ajeeb for a divorced man to want to marry a woman who has never been married before but at the same time divorced women find it difficult to find any partner divorced or otherwise. Just seems like a double standard imo
    Yea that's wrong too, it's a backward mentality,
    some people love their cultures and traditions more then isl tbh

Leave a comment:

• hasan2013
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

whats wrong with a divorced person marrying a never married person before?

why cant a divorced person marry a person whos never been married before?

is it haram? makrooh? if so please provide daleel (evidence)
    I just want to chime in here bro
    So there's nothing wrong with it, but it's just ajeeb for a divorced man to want to marry a woman who has never been married before but at the same time divorced women find it difficult to find any partner divorced or otherwise. Just seems like a double standard imo
    Last edited by hasan2013; 26-12-20, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Palpay View Post

Why are you asking this? Why should a divorced man get to marry a never married muslim sister? if you want to remarry, you find a divorced sister for marriage.
    whats wrong with a divorced person marrying a never married person before?

why cant a divorced person marry a person whos never been married before?

is it haram? makrooh? if so please provide daleel (evidence)

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    For me personally,it makes no difference and never has done. The only thing that would concern me is if the circumstances around the divorce don't add up/are weird, because then I'd worry if this person took marriage lightly. But aslong as it was a valid reason(because some people can end up being frauds etc) then why would I look down on a divorcee or consider him, any less than a non divorcee? There is absolutely no difference in my eyes, if the person is meant for me and meets my criteria. But I know that a lot of unmarried Muslim women wish to marry unmarried Muslim men,so it is a preference. But it's sad when people say no(simply on this basis), when everything else is fine. I understand a lot of families have issues with this too, which again I don't understand. Divorce shouldn't be a tabboo. Especially when the reason is valid and not something minor/small. If the latter then it's a completely different case.

Leave a comment:

• hasan2013
    replied
    Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

Why do you narrow your choices? in shaa ALLAH a divorced chaste muslim man could be better than us chaste virgin muslimeen men for you to marry because he is more experience in the marriage department than a chaste virgin muslim man. If your a divorced chaste muslimah woman you can marry a chaste virgin muslim man in shaa ALLAH and not just a chaste divorced muslim man.
    Islam allows this so why you restrict yourself due to cultural reasons?

Assalamu Alaykom Sister
    Being experienced is not necessarily a good thing.

Lots of women want their husband to be similar to them so that they are each other firsts in everything.

I think there's nothing wrong with having this kind of preference.

I do understand you want good though, jazak Allah Khair bro.

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied

I was unaware of this, thank you for educating me.
    your welcome

Leave a comment:

• Hoblos
    replied
    I understand and sister your free to have your preference in marriage in shaa ALLAH I hope you succeed in everything halaal you do always. But realize this that divorced muslimeen men can be chaste and divorced muslimaat women can be chaste just as equally as virgin muslimeen men can be chaste and virgin muslimaat women can be chaste.
    I was unaware of this, thank you for educating me.

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied
    preference really brother. in the same way educated people want to marry other educated people, surely the first choice is to marry a man who is also chaste?
    I understand and sister your free to have your own preference in marriage in shaa ALLAH I hope you succeed in everything halaal you do always. But realize this that divorced muslimeen men can be chaste and divorced muslimaat women can be chaste just as equally as virgin muslimeen men can be chaste and virgin muslimaat women can be chaste.
    Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 26-12-20, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoblos
    replied

Why do you narrow your choices? in shaa ALLAH A divorced chaste muslim man could be better than us chaste virgin muslimeen men for you to marry because he is more experience in the marriage department than a chaste virgin muslim man. If your a divorced chaste muslimah woman you can marry a chaste virgin muslim man in shaa ALLAH and not just a chaste divorced muslim man.

Assalamu Alaykom Sister
    preference really brother. in the same way educated people want to marry other educated people, surely the first choice is to marry a man who is also chaste?

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied
    No, why would I marry a divorced man? I would only marry a divorced man if I was divorced myself.
    Why do you narrow your choices? in shaa ALLAH a divorced chaste muslim man could be better than us chaste virgin muslimeen men for you to marry because he is more experience in the marriage department than a chaste virgin muslim man. If your a divorced chaste muslimah woman you can marry a chaste virgin muslim man in shaa ALLAH and not just a chaste divorced muslim man.

Assalamu Alaykom Sister

Leave a comment:

• Hoblos
    replied
    No, why would I marry a divorced man? I would only marry a divorced man if I was divorced myself.

Leave a comment:

• Palpay
    replied
    Originally posted by kingfisher View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your divorce but if you could still save your marriage I would try to because it's extremely difficult to get married now, even for people who have never been married. Unless you're wealthy and have a great job, then you will attract some money hungry women otherwise you're gonna struggle to find someone on your level to marry as a man. Women generally marry up the socioeconomic ladder, meaning your value as a man needs to be much greater than hers for her to accept you. Research into female hypergamy to understand what I'm talking about.

You'll find it easier to marry someone from back home, assuming back home is a poor country because poor women will be attracted to wealthy men from richer countries and will marry them to migrate to the richer countries in order to access more wealth and material resources, it will be a passport marriage.

As for finding someone genuine who will actually love you for who you are as a man, your values, your religion, your character, that's gonna be almost impossible.

There's lots of single mum's out there looking for a wealthy nice guy to take care of her and her kids, so if you are willing to raise another man's kids and become her sugar daddy, then you shouldn't have too many problems finding a single mum.
    take your atheist views to a different forum, child

Leave a comment:

• Palpay
    replied
    Originally posted by ak89 View Post
    Sisters, would you marry someone who is divorced and you have never been married?
    Why are you asking this? Why should a divorced man get to marry a never married muslim sister? if you want to remarry, you find a divorced sister for marriage.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X