Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfisher are you on any matrimonial sites? I think that would be the best option as I don't think anyone would feel comfortable with direct contact.

Lol at sister Ya'sins comment, I think single people are coming here to rant about thier frustrations with marriage thus far as we all need a way of getting things off our mind, better this forum than other things 🤷‍♀️

Comment

Originally posted by A Wandering Soul View Post
      Kingfisher are you on any matrimonial sites? I think that would be the best option as I don't think anyone would feel comfortable with direct contact.

Lol at sister Ya'sins comment, I think single people are coming here to rant about thier frustrations with marriage thus far as we all need a way of getting things off our mind, better this forum than other things 🤷‍♀️
      The bit about a&e was said in jest, I always come on here to vent and rant
      That was one of my reasons for joining again, to talk about marriage

i understand the frustrations, I really do
      ​​​​​
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Phew I'm glad you get it sis, was beginning to feel like a numpty for coming on here lol. I feel a bit bad we've kind of hijacked the OP's post. Is this normal on here 🤭

Comment

Phew I'm glad you get it sis, was beginning to feel like a numpty for coming on here lol. I feel a bit bad we've kind of hijacked the OP's post. Is this normal on here 🤭
          Don't you worry, happens all the time, all the flippin time I tell ya
          if it didn't happen, it wouldn't be UF
          Welcome to the forum

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher View Post
            Wandering soul since you personally know of good women, you can put me in touch with the single one's seeking marriage, that will be a good deed on your part and may result in 2 people finding happiness in sha Allah
            no beating around the bush son lool

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Don't you worry, happens all the time, all the flippin time I tell ya
              if it didn't happen, it wouldn't be UF
              Welcome to the forum
              Thank you sister Ya'sin, I already feel part of the UF community, I will try my best to continue the traditions of ranting my problems on other peoples posts ​​​​​​​

Comment

Thank you sister Ya'sin, I already feel part of the UF community, I will try my best to continue the traditions of ranting my problems on other peoples posts
                hehe
                Have you explored the other parts of the forum, there are very useful threads and reminders

​​​​​​​we even talk about chai, it can't get more normal than that

Enjoy me dear

Comment

Wandering soul if they are serious about getting married , they will have to talk directly with a potential spouse.
                  If they are not comfortable, I'll talk to their fathers instead, no problem.
                  Matrimonial sites don't work because most people are not serious, they are only window shopping.

Comment

Yeah so what parts of the forum are most active? I did have a look but there's just too many to look through not sure where to go. The marriage section was clearly the juiciest haha

Comment

hehe
                      Have you explored the other parts of the forum, there are very useful threads and reminders

we even talk about chai, it can't get more normal than that

Enjoy me dear
                      Yeah so what parts of the forum are most active? I did have a look but there's just too many to look through not sure where to go. The marriage section was clearly the juiciest haha

Comment

Depends what you are interested in
                        if you are looking for reminders or some Islamic knowledge with references, there is the Islamic section

The lounge is where you will find me chilling out and miscellaneous random threads

if you are looking for some debates, they are taking place as we speak lol

Lifestyle is a nice section

Whatever you fancy

most active is the lounge

Comment

Wandering soul if they are serious about getting married , they will have to talk directly with a potential spouse.
                          If they are not comfortable, I'll talk to their fathers instead, no problem.
                          Matrimonial sites don't work because most people are not serious, they are only window shopping.
                          Yes at some stage they will have to talk to the potential spouse but I don't think practicing sisters would be comfortable in being contacted directly, and they don't know anything about you to even introduce you to thier fathers which is why I think the matrimonial site is a good route as you can get to know someone a bit before asking a Wali to step in...

Yes you are right in saying that there are a lot of people messing about on these sites but there are plenty of genuine people too. You just have to put the effort in to filter through them. Pure matrimony is a good site if you're in the UK, most of the candidates on there seem pretty genuine and are generally quite practicing compare to some of these other sites. Give it a go...

Comment

If these sites worked, there would be no marriage crisis. If pure matrimony works, then why are you still single?
                            What percentage of people who use pure matrimony have ended up marrying?

Comment

Depends what you are interested in
                              if you are looking for reminders or some Islamic knowledge with references, there is the Islamic section

The lounge is where you will find me chilling out and miscellaneous random threads

if you are looking for some debates, they are taking place as we speak lol

Lifestyle is a nice section

Whatever you fancy

most active is the lounge

Depates sound juicy too lol. I think I will check out the lounge section in the coming days InshaAllah and maybe the lifestyle section too.

Jazakallahu khair and I guess I'll see you around 🙂

Comment

If these sites worked, there would be no marriage crisis. If pure matrimony works, then why are you still single?
                                What percentage of people who use pure matrimony have ended up marrying?
                                I know people who have found matches on pure matrimony and are now married...

As for percentages you need to ask someone who works for the website not me, I was only putting forth a suggestion. Just because I'm still single doesn't mean we question the validity of these sites. Even if only one couple married from such a site it is still better than nothing. The intention and initiative is there and I think the rest lies in the hands of Allah swt .

I don't think it's fair to blame these sites for marriage crisis, the blame lies with the ummah collectively, we are failing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X