• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man!

Comment

Some of these comments are killing me. Loool

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post
        Reverts always want to marry a Pakistani. No idea why though.
        It must be a uk thing

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
          Assalamu alaykum

I am noticing a trend where some sisters will want to marry out of their culture so badly, that they will lower their standards for someone who is not their ethnicity. I know a few sisters that say that they will *only* marry a white revert & they are crying that they are not married at the age of 35.

I’ve heard of sisters who will get a proposal and then they will question their ethnicity and find out that he’s not Jamaican, for example, and then decide not to entertain the convo any more.

Theres nothing wrong with having preferences and we all have our own ideals of attraction but it does become a problem when the only thing you can see is the ethnicity and you overlook important things

So, why are some people so adamant to marry out of their culture? Is it due to wanting mixed race children? Is it due to self hate? Is it just exciting?

What are the main problems that can occur in mixed marriages?

This thread isn’t about people in mixed marriages per se, but about people who only want to marry out of their culture
          Walaikum Assalam sis,

Where are you located sis? This is an interesting phenomenon. I haven’t noticed this. What reasons are these sisters giving for wanting to only marry outside of their ethnicity? It sounds like a terrible inferiority complex if they are willing to lower their standards and wait so long.
          Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
          Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
          [Al Quran 13:28]
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by muslimahc View Post

Walaikum Assalam sis,

Where are you located sis? This is an interesting phenomenon. I haven’t noticed this. What reasons are these sisters giving for wanting to only marry outside of their ethnicity? It sounds like a terrible inferiority complex if they are willing to lower their standards and wait so long.
            I’m in the U.K. sis and yes it does seem to be an inferiority complex. They say stuff like we’re not ‘typically Asian/Somali’ so we want to marry out. Nothing wrong with wanting to marry out but when standards are lowered and they can’t see past the race then yeah becomes an issue
            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Sadly, it’s not an isolated case. It’s happening a lot where women make bad judgments, bypass their wali and marry someone (from a different ethnicity) who has nothing to offer her & then she finds herself divorced a few weeks later. When you question her as to why she married such a man in the first place, it’s usually ‘he was a mixed race revert’ bla bla
              I agree. There’s something wrong with that. It’s a huge inferiority complex bc it’s not normal. Why accept anything bc they are another skin color? Its like they feel that trumps everything else. It’s a sickness that clouds their judgement.
              Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I would say if they are bypassing wali and defying sound logic, then their upbringing should be questioned.

Anyway, Mr Dependable from her background will still be available even if she's 35+.
                Which background bc it’s hard to get remarried as a divorcee in certain cultures especially if you have kids. If you are 35+, you’d be competing with younger single women. So I don’t know if “Mr. Dependable” from her background will always be available.
                Last edited by muslimahc; 31-10-20, 04:04 PM.
                ]

Comment

Nothing wrong with old men but some of the men look like they don’t wash ...
                  Lol..
                  ]

Comment

Which background bc it’s hard to get remarried as a divorcee in certain cultures especially if you have kids? If you are 35+, you’d be competing with younger single women. So I don’t know if “Mr. Dependable” from her background will always be available.
                    A lot of men actually fetishise single mothers. Single mothers who are still fairly young don’t really find it hard to get married these days.
                    maybe men who are traditional won’t consider a divorcee with children but generally amongst the practising community it’s not that hard for a young single mother to get re married. The problem is that a lot of people’s intentions are not correct & sadly, some men do prey on single mothers and want to marry them for the wrong reasons

Comment

A lot of men actually fetishise single mothers. Single mothers who are still fairly young don’t really find it hard to get married these days.
                      maybe men who are traditional won’t consider a divorcee with children but generally amongst the practising community it’s not that hard for a young single mother to get re married. The problem is that a lot of people’s intentions are not correct & sadly, some men do prey on single mothers and want to marry them for the wrong reasons
                      Why do you think some of these men fetishize single moms? For what reasons? What type of guys are marrying them?
                      ]

Comment

You know what some peeps find certain raves more attractive then others, I don't think there's anything wrong with that as it's personal preferences,
                        just don't like how some peeps use the race card to easily
                        easily
                        ​​​​​​
                        I have cousins who are mixed raced and I've seen some of the issues they face growing up but that's just life though,
                        regardless your going to face issues in life it's just the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Why do you think some of these men fetishize single moms? For what reasons? What type of guys are marrying them?
                          Some of the reasons can’t be said on a mixed forum but believe me, some men are twisted. Then you get the men who think they will be the knight in shining armour rescuing some poor divorcee looooooool like they think oh she must have been abused bla bla so I can just be a ‘normal’ husband to her and she’ll appreciate me

you get men who love to walk in to a ready made marriage as a divorcee would usually have her own place be on point with her finances etc so he won’t have to do much for her

then you get the predators who single out divorcees as they have a sickness in their heart and they see the divorcee as vulnerable and so they would put up with their rubbish

Comment

UK seems to have all the wild stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                              You know what some peeps find certain raves more attractive then others, I don't think there's anything wrong with that as it's personal preferences,
                              just don't like how some peeps use the race card to easily
                              easily
                              ​​​​​​
                              I have cousins who are mixed raced and I've seen some of the issues they face growing up but that's just life though,
                              regardless your going to face issues in life it's just the way the cookie crumbles
                              Nothing wrong with having personal preferences as mentioned many times but don’t you find it worrying when someone is so obsessed with marrying out of their Race that they will accept someone who is like a 1/10

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post
                                UK seems to have all the wild stories!
                                UK is happening! Lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X