Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeh its true some desis do have inferiority complex.

I remember from working in a supermarket, how the desi boys would pursue english girls so badly and it was so awks and so embarrassing.

The girls used to tell me that theyre really not into indian slash Pakistani boys and didnt want to offend them. They obv found them to be unattractive.

But i rememeber one case where one of the girls ended up being with the desi guy after she had been desperately pursued by him and after she had been rejected by an english lad she really liked. She was getting more attention from the desi boy than from the english lads. At the end of the day, although they prolly arent practising theyre still muslim men. And should be called out for showing inferiority complex.

Comment

• I want to be with a bengali. If that's impossible, a non racist Indian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post
        Yeh its true some desis do have inferiority complex.

I remember from working in a supermarket, how the desi boys would pursue english girls so badly and it was so awks and so embarrassing.

The girls used to tell me that theyre really not into indian slash Pakistani boys and didnt want to offend them. They obv found them to be unattractive.

But i rememeber one case where one of the girls ended up being with the desi guy after she had been desperately pursued by him and after she had been rejected by an english lad she really liked. She was getting more attention from the desi boy than from the english lads. At the end of the day, although they prolly arent practising theyre still muslim men. And should be called out for showing inferiority complex.
        The line between race preference and race fetishization I'd say is a fine line. I find that most people with preferences hold their opinions based on stereotypes, and that in reality they're going to be attracted to them if they're hot, regardless of race.

Comment

• Let's be honest in terms of physical attractiveness, the majority of South Asians were at the back of the queue when that was being handed out. Add on to that the stereotypes of being cabbies, IT geeks nerds etc and you're hardly going to be beating them off with a stick. Of course there are many attractive South Asians but its a small minority compared to the total number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
            Let's be honest in terms of physical attractiveness, the majority of South Asians were at the back of the queue when that was being handed out. Add on to that the stereotypes of being cabbies, IT geeks nerds etc and you're hardly going to be beating them off with a stick. Of course there are many attractive South Asians but its a small minority compared to the total number.
            I disagree with the physical attractiveness comment but I agree with the stereotypes. I think society just goes through culture phases which pushes people back and forth between attractiveness. Whites were pushed forward due to their colonial days, hip hop culture made black men cool since they became bad boy stereotypes, bruce lee turned east asians cooler because he made them seem tougher whilst before they were seen as weak and today we see kpop making koreans more attractive etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

I disagree with the physical attractiveness comment but I agree with the stereotypes. I think society just goes through culture phases which pushes people back and forth between attractiveness. Whites were pushed forward due to their colonial days, hip hop culture made black men cool since they became bad boy stereotypes, bruce lee turned east asians cooler because he made them seem tougher whilst before they were seen as weak and today we see kpop making koreans more attractive etc...
              Society and media influences the mind and what it finds attractive

Also some men and women muslim or kaafir would like something different generally if all they had around then was the same abc and suddenly xyz was available

and south asian men are pretty much at the bottom of the chain due to all the stereotypes and cultural stigma where as white european men are probably at the top

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Society and media influences the mind and what it finds attractive

Also some men and women muslim or kaafir would like something different generally if all they had around then was the same abc and suddenly xyz was available

and south asian men are pretty much at the bottom of the chain due to all the stereotypes and cultural stigma where as white european men are probably at the top
                We needa become 20% of world gdp again and conquer the hindus again to improve our standing amongst the gyaldem fam.

Comment

• Unless I'm misunderstanding, you lot are embarrassingly desperate to get validation from white women

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
                    Unless I'm misunderstanding, you lot are embarrassingly desperate to get validation from white women
                    You're misunderstanding.

Comment

You're misunderstanding.
                      Who is giving you the impression that south asians are at the bottom? Why are sa hit with ugly stick as that other user believes when half of all white men look like Phil mitchell (uk ppl will know)? Who gave him the impression?

Comment

Who is giving you the impression that south asians are at the bottom? Why are sa hit with ugly stick as that other user believes when half of all white men look like Phil mitchell (uk ppl will know)? Who gave him the impression?
                        Sister I think you're knocking on the wrong door here cos I never said those things.

I have my own opinion about which races rank lowest amongst men and women in society but I kept those things to myself and responded with a joke instead because I didn't want to cause insult to people again who belong to those groups. But trust me I don't believe it's south asian men or women at the bottom.
                        Last edited by RuthlessSoftie; 20-07-21, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Sister I think you're knocking on the wrong door here cos I never said those things.

I have my own opinion about which races rank lowest amongst men and women in society but I kept those things to myself and responded with a joke instead because I didn't want to cause insult to people again who belong to those groups. But trust me I don't believe it's south asian men or women at the bottom.
                          What I'm saying is more than one user has said sa are at the bottom. Have they based this on white standards I.e. what whites find/ say is attractive? Their own women usually look to marry them but somehow they still feel at the bottom. Why?

Comment

What I'm saying is more than one user has said sa are at the bottom. Have they based this on white standards I.e. what whites find/ say is attractive? Their own women usually look to marry them but somehow they still feel at the bottom. Why?
                            I'm pretty sure what they complained about is their own women not looking to marry them and instead preferring whites or Arabs.

I am not agreeing with that statement (although I've seen a few cases of this), just trying to clear up what seems to be a misunderstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHundredMan View Post
                              Why is it sad? Is it against Islam if you marry someone from your own ethnicity?
                              As far as I understand its God's planned most people to marry from their own ethnicity. For example: Didn't God place all Malaysians in one country with their own lifestyle, language, similar physical looks etc
                              Only liberals and those who have no history they want to create us all same and lose our heritage.
                              Allah Knows Best
                              I rarely if ever comment on these threads, but I thought this is worth responding to.

First of all I find it interesting we use "God" instead of Allah. I personally only do this in Dawah as some of the kuffar hold the bizarre belief that we worship other than the sole Rabb of Ibrahim Alayhis Salam. The use of the word "God" amongst Muslims, tells me a lot about how we think, our general mindset etc. Is the Kafir our master such that we feel we have to use "God" in a discussion with fellow Muslims? Or are we insecure regarding who we worship?

So we should use 'Allah' amongst ourselves to refer to the One God.

Secondly, I don't have a problem with the general message we are giving here, but we could have worded this a lot better e.g. "We shouldn't say it is sad, after all it is acceptable in Islam to marry within your own ethnicity" or "It can be great to marry within your own ethnicity as well, it helps tie together sub-groups within our own ethnic groups" etc.

The line about Malaysians shows a general level of ignorance that has befallen us.

On losing the cultural heritage

As for being like liberals, let's make it clear that Fahisha-loving, Sodomite-left-wing LGBT-types and the Israel-loving Racist-right-wing Nativists are both against Islam and our political views. I could less about their Kafir politics. We mustn't bring this into the Muslim community. This is why I say Muslims should not get involved in Kafir-politics and people such as our brother above are unfortunately a perfect example of why that is the case. We will jive with one-side and adopt their values and beliefs, even if they anathema to our beliefs and the teachings of RasulAllah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam.

No we don't lose your heritage from inter-racial marriage, our Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam did not lose any heritage when he married a Jewish women. My ancestors from one ethnic group did not "lose heritage" when marrying into the ethnic group of my maternal ancestors - they contributed to a culture. The races are like a broth, cooked with different ingredients. Adding something different in will not spoil the broth, it will make it stronger. Yes our broths are different and diverse when it comes to ours customs (A'raaf) and in this is appreciation and identity - we know each other by our cultures and their differences. This should a create a love in our hearts and the beauty of this diversity, just Allah has made his creation so diverse that from water we get so many different forms of life.

Indeed when our languages blended together, accepting Arabic and Farsi vocabulary, did this not create a common identity and love between brothers and sisters of this Ummah? It did not dilute us, rather it bounded us together, uniting the Islamicate languages together. If this is true for the marriage of words and language, then so too is this then for marriage of people.

We must also remember that culture is not the same as race and you can have people of different skin colour and ethnic makeup within one culture, like we see in the Hejazi Arabs, who have been made that way by the Hujjaj frequenting their lands, some settling and starting families.

Isn't that a beautiful thing?

What are some good reasons to marry out?

We know the teaching of Umar Radiyallahu Anhu that a tribe who were marrying within themselves became weak, so he told them to marry outside. Why? Even modern research shows the children of interracial marriages are stronger, taller and more intelligent.

And marriages are alliances. Our communities are woefully segregated, hating each other and not co-operating, but fighting wars and praying in different Masajid isolated to eachother. I believe immigrant communities in the west especially should intermarry - where they can as it is not always the easiest/most appropriate thing to do - in order to strengthen the ties already established by Islam.

Interracial marriages are not perfect. They are certainly not for everyone and it is very true that most of us will marry within our cultures and there is no harm in that. There are issues with interracial marriages too e.g. language barrier, familial acceptance etc. I personally don't believe anyone should enter a marriage against the well-wishes of their parents. Other than that, we should maintain a balance, with some marrying outside their ethnic communities and others inside. Indeed Allah made us a middle nation, moderate in our affairs.

Interracial Marriages as part of Pan-Islamic Heritage that is Superior to Jahili Western Ideology

But such marriages are an important part of our Islamic heritage. The ethnic groups of the Ummah have been shaped by these marriages on a societal level. One of the Uthmani Khulafah who I respect the most after Sultan Muhammad al-Fatih - Sultan Abdul Hamid II - was ethnically a Russian(!) The "keep to yourselves it will effect our cultural heritage" is a not according to our Islamic heritage and is frankly a Jahili attitude spread by ignorant half-pagan western nativists who use this same reasoning to say Muslim immigrants are diluting their culture and so should get out and go back to their land (unrelated to this, yes I am a proponent of Hijrah, but not because some Kuffar want us to leave - we leave on our own terms in order to preserve our Din).

Sultan Nur ad-Zangi was a Turk and his general Salahuddin was a Kurd, and these two worked in tandem to bring down the crusaders. But when the Muslims began having Asabiyyah amongst themselves, distancing themselves from each other and even fighting each other, we lost to the Kuffar. And we are losing even till today. We saw this even in the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam's time and he Alayhis Salam rebuked it.

It is only through the teachings of Islam and of our Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam that we are all Monotheists, recognising ourselves as Bani Adam, united together in this Ummah and it is only through these teachings that we can attain success - the ultimate success in the Akhirah and the lesser success of the Dunya. Islam conquers and is not conquered, so if we are conquered then haven't strayed from the teachings of Islam?

Our Din and pan-Islamic culture is superior to the west, its ideologies (all of them) and ideas. You my dear brother are superior to every Kafir. Own this and do not pay attention to the false ideas of a people who are inferior due to lacking Iman. Our ideas and beliefs come from the Qur'an and the Sunnah of RasulAllah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam and our own Islamic heritage acting and demonstrating the Sunnah and Qur'anic mindset that all the groups of this Ummah share and identify with.

Because Islam unites us and ties us together do we say that it dilutes our cultures? So similarly marriage that unite us and ties us together does not dilute anything, rather it enhance us and strengthen us against the Kuffar.

And I wish my brother Eid Mubarak as I wish all those reading this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I'm pretty sure what they complained about is their own women not looking to marry them and instead preferring whites or Arabs.

I am not agreeing with that statement (although I've seen a few cases of this), just trying to clear up what seems to be a misunderstanding.
                                In the UK it's not that common with women from their background. I can see it in the US or Canada as there is a different outlook/culture in those immigrant communities. it deffo happens but they are a minority and from the (few) cases I've seen those women were problematic in other ways also and you'd not want them

One lady I know who is seeking a wm is superficial to an extreme, she only cares about appearances...will take 50 photos to get the perfect angle, will help out if it helps her image otherwise no, etc
                                another one is almost like a non Muslim, male friends, not religious, joined tinder to look for a wm
                                One practicing one had a habit of perving at men so would get attracted to the celebs....and any man who so much as spoke to her.... ended up marrying a handsome bengali man and is sorted

Please note I'm not saying women who marry outside are problems but that I have found those women who were seeking white men or others and looked down on their own tended to have some massive issues alongside.

I've not said anything about the men who do the same because I'm not around men so I don't get to learn how they are.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X