Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Why?
    Why? Does he have to give you a reason?
    It's called a conversation son

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHundredMan View Post
      Why? Does he have to give you a reason?
      Calm down sonny.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post

Isnt that a cultural thing that most born muslims face
        Eh.

Not really.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Some sister avoid certain ethnicities because they might be known for somethings...
          I'm always being told that asians, arabs and somalis are abusive for example, so sisters are already on the fence when meeting a man and he introduces himselfhimselfb. Okay narcasist is what many sisters say.

Like the etnicity is a red flag in itself and the brother needs to go and prove hes not the stereotype...
          Lol aren’t those three ethnicities the majority of Muslims? I mean, who else is left after that ?

Comment

• I am obviously not against it but I have seen and experienced the negatives. It is so much easier to marry within your own race but if you want a mixed race marriage then both spouses need to make it work. Sometimes that means doing difficult things like going against traditions that you normally really valued or standing up to family or just accepting the differences that your spouse has.

No one wants to feel uncomfortable or like an outsider in their own new family so people need to understand before hand that if their going to do this then it can be hard to maintain it, and they just need to be willing to do what needs to be done to protect their spouse. And that goes for both husband and wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Lol aren’t those three ethnicities the majority of Muslims? I mean, who else is left after that ?
              Reverts and west africans i guess, not north those are also arabs

Not saying its true but thats mostly how people talk. I guess it comes down to muslim men being abusive? I suppose it comes from the cultural muslim men that commit religious abuse. I have to admit there are many. But its not a reason to generalise
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                Sad that you were able to actually write this son.
                Why is it sad? Is it against Islam if you marry someone from your own ethnicity?
                As far as I understand its God's planned most people to marry from their own ethnicity. For example: Didn't God place all Malaysians in one country with their own lifestyle, language, similar physical looks etc
                Only liberals and those who have no history they want to create us all same and lose our heritage.
                Allah Knows Best

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

It's called a conversation son
                  Sorry bro. That was my first post lol

Comment

Some sister avoid certain ethnicities because they might be known for somethings...
                    I'm always being told that asians, arabs and somalis are abusive for example, so sisters are already on the fence when meeting a man and he introduces himselfhimselfb. Okay narcasist is what many sisters say.

Like the etnicity is a red flag in itself and the brother needs to go and prove hes not the stereotype...
                    You seem to be good at judging people. I saw your thread about hating Egyptians. Whats your race?

Comment

• There's a concept of kufw which is so easily overlooked these days, kufw means compatibility, relatability.. meaning when searching for a spouse consider someone on the same page as you. This also includes language, dress, traditions.. no one is passing a ruling that marrying outside is haram or plausible, both marrying in or out is simply allowed, mubah, a couple won't get rewarded more for choosing a spouse outside of their tribe. But, as another poster has said, it's not just about the moment, it's about the future of the marriage. The binding of two unknown families, the raising of innocent children. If both are mature and willing to incorporate/compromise/understand/accept these differences (which may seem very small initially but can easily become deal breakers later on) then I don't see how it can't work out.

Most of the traditional books of fiqh under the topic of nikah discuss kufw. One should look into it before jumping head first. Personally I've seen some marriages fail purely because there's a clash of customs, I would advice to keep an open mind. I don't understand the idea of wanting to avoid the same culture, but each to their own. I suppose.
                      Last edited by Hamnah; 18-07-21, 09:29 PM.
                      اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Why is it sad? Is it against Islam if you marry someone from your own ethnicity?
                        As far as I understand its God's planned most people to marry from their own ethnicity. For example: Didn't God place all Malaysians in one country with their own lifestyle, language, similar physical looks etc
                        Only liberals and those who have no history they want to create us all same and lose our heritage.
                        Allah Knows Best
                        Cool story bro.

Comment

You seem to be good at judging people. I saw your thread about hating Egyptians. Whats your race?
                          Sorry for asking about your race.

Comment

I didnt say this is the truth, im saying this is how many sisters think, did i say i agree with that? No, did i say egyptians are filth? No. I said reconsider before going to cairo because i started struggling with my health here. I didnt say anything about egyptians or any other city in egypt for that matter.
                            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sorry for asking about your race.
                              Western european

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                                I don't understand the idea of wanting to avoid the same culture, but each to their own. I suppose.
                                A lot of people of certain races/cultures/ethnicities have inferiority complexes based on their own race, which produces unhealthy toxic traits in these individuals, I've seen it a lot in both south asian and east asian cultures, thats why theres the multi billion dollar skin whitening industry in these countries, why some east asian companies commonly use white people in their ads, you have men from these cultures putting white women on a pedestal and cheering on their brothers that have managed to get with a white lady. Its crazy.

Personally I've seen a condescending type of attitude due to this from some sisters, as if they're settling for someone of the same race because they couldn't get a white or arab guy, it put me off looking to marry sisters of the same race as me (south asian) for a while, though I've become more open recently but I'm still wary about that inferiority complex.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X