This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post

I don't think anyone does that. They just look at who is available and assess suitability. There is no virgin club or divorcee club where you can look only at one or the other. People just look for a partner and assess each profile on a case by case basis factoring in everything.

I guess as a non married previously sister you just feel you'd rather only look at brothers who were never married before and that's fine. Just try to take it easy on any divorcee brother who had the audacity to see if you might be interested to marry
    People have their standards and dealbreakers. I know people who have someone with kids as a dealbreaker. Some don’t mind, but some do. I have people trying to match me with divorced brothers with kids and I prefer not to proceed further. I don’t know many single people that would seriously consider a divorcee with kids.
    Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
    Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
    [Al Quran 13:28]
    ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

I'm not going to refute your opinions because they are just that. Opinions. Anyways I find what you are saying hilarious barely feel emotional from anything that you have said. Your stance is clear on divorcees so I won't be engaging with you regarding this matter, tbh its kinda boring.
      You really did get emotionally invested in this topic. Are you divorced or something? How’s the marriage search going?
      Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
      ]

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dawud_Britaani;n12737446]
        Originally posted by muslimahc View Post

That's fine, you have that luxury to be choosey.

I know sisters in their thirties, still unmarried, still no kids, petrified they will grow old alone and suddenly they become a lot more open to marrying a divorcee etc.

Just because you have the luxury of being choosey right now, doesn't mean everyone does
        So you’re implying that divorcees are considered as a last resort? Why do you think that is?
        ]

Comment

• [QUOTE=muslimahc;n12737455]
          Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post

So you’re implying that divorcees are considered as a last resort? Why do you think that is?
          Last resort better than no resort sah?
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• What’s wrong with the quote function it’s quoting the wrong people

Comment

• [QUOTE=LaylaAb;n12737448]

You said single moms live off benefits and don't have good jobs. That has nothing to do with age or being divorced.

And exactly it is all about preference. Just like you rejected based on your preference others accept a divorcee based on their preference.
              You made it sound as of single moms have better paying jobs than single women which is false. It’s more to due with education and work experience not previously married status.
              ]

Comment

• [QUOTE=Layla_;n12737457]

Last resort better than no resort sah?
                He was implying they are a lesser option.
                ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                  What’s wrong with the quote function it’s quoting the wrong people
                  Blame the tools...

Comment

• Originally posted by muslimahc View Post

People have their standards and dealbreakers. I know people who have someone with kids as a dealbreaker. Some don’t mind, but some do. I have people trying to match me with divorced brothers with kids and I prefer not to proceed further. I don’t know many single people that would seriously consider a divorcee with kids.
                    Why are they trying to match you up with divorced brothers with kids? Why not single men.. most women would never dream of matching up a young single never married woman with a divorcee with kids, so i am surprised that you’ve had this experience. I don’t blame you for rejecting them.
                    Last edited by Layla_; 02-11-20, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• OMG I’ve been on Ummah forum all day

when did this forum get so exciting loool

Comment

• This thread lol, gone cuckoo.
                        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

• [QUOTE=muslimahc;n12737460]
                          Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

You made it sound as of single moms have better paying jobs than single women which is false. It’s more to due with education and work experience not previously married status.
                          No actually you made it sound like divorcees are all single mothers living off benefits and are uneducated. Which is another assumption. I never even said they have better paying jobs either. You really assume a lot, misunderstand, and jump to conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Why are they trying to match you up with divorced brothers with kids? Why not single men.. most women would never dream of matching up a young single never married woman with a divorcee with kids, so i am surprised that you’ve had this experience
                            One of them was a lady trying to match me up with her own brother. The other one was just a random proposal. Most of my proposals have been from single never married guys. I just need one making a lot of money.
                            ]

Comment

• When you are quoting people check the extra quote tag, it needs deleting.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                                This thread lol, gone cuckoo.
                                It's always the same users, always. They never learn smh.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X