This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Omg. You killed it there brother, I bet she doesn't have an answer now, because the rasool was a virgin when he married khadijah who wasn't a virgin and she was like 40. And even you don't mind marrying a pious divorcee because you know its a good thing hardly a bad thing mashaAllah.

Funny how the sister said yes sure when the man she follows devoutly did exactly that 🤦‍♀️😂
    The prophet (saw) also had a virgin wife who was his most beloved. He also practiced polygamy. A lot of divorcee sisters don’t want to enter polygamy. That’s how most of them got married back then. Also, Khaddija (RA) was a widow not a divorcee.

Btw, why are you so focused on virgin men? Do you have a problem marrying a man who is also divorced with kids?
    Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
    Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
    [Al Quran 13:28]
    ]

Comment

• Originally posted by muslimahc View Post

Also, Khaddija (RA) was a widow not a divorcee.
      True but The Prophet Mohammed sallallahu alayhi wa sallam married Zaynab binti Jahsh umm mumineen after she was divorced from Zayd.
      Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 02-11-20, 05:00 PM.
      ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

The prophet (saw) also had a virgin wife who was his most beloved. He also practiced polygamy. A lot of divorcee sisters don’t want to enter polygamy. That’s how most of them got married back then. Also, Khaddija (RA) was a widow not a divorcee.
        Btw, why are you so focused on virgin men? Do you have a problem marrying a man who is also divorced with kids?
        Erm no your argument was virgins should marry virgins. So the rasool was virgin when he married khadijah who wasn't a virgin. If he did it then its hardly a bad thing the way you're making it out.

Sure aisha was his beloved wife but that doesn't mean she was his best wife duh. He never forgot about khadijah because she made a huge impact on his life. Allah chose her as his first wife to comfort him. What does that say about non virgins who are experienced? Why did Allah choose her for his first wife to go through trials alongside him? Huh? Do you have an answer for that? I'll tell you because she was already experienced with many many amazing qualities which she obviously learnt through her own experiences and so only she could really be the best support for him.

Divorceess are special just the same way virgins are. :/... and everyone's a virgin till they're not and mehhh it ain't all that. You have to grow up one day...

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
          True but The Prophet Mohammed sallallahu alayhi wa sallam married Zaynab binti Jahsh umm mumineen after she was divorced from Zayd.
          Lool omg true say. What is the sister going to say now? Because zaynab didn't hardly get along zayd so does that mean she had baggage?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
            He married multiple women. The prophet (saw) himself recommended for virgin men to marry virgin women. I posted the Hadith on here. The default spouse is a fellow virgin and a widow or divorcee would be under exceptional circumstances. Khaddija (RA) was an exceptional woman regardless of her previous marital status.

Anyway, the prophet also married 9 wives. Does that also mean other men can marry 9 wives? The reason why a lot of divorcees got married back during the prophet’s time was because they accepted polygamy. Nowadays they are a bit unrealistic and want to be the first and only wife of single never married man.
            Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
            ]

Comment

Erm no your argument was virgins should marry virgins. So the rasool was virgin when he married khadijah who wasn't a virgin. If he did it then its hardly a bad thing the way you're making it out.

Sure aisha was his beloved wife but that doesn't mean she was his best wife duh. He never forgot about khadijah because she made a huge impact on his life. Allah chose her as his first wife to comfort him. What does that say about non virgins who are experienced? Why did Allah choose her for his first wife to go through trials alongside him? Huh? Do you have an answer for that? I'll tell you because she was already experienced with many many amazing qualities which she obviously learnt through her own experiences and so only she could really be the best support for him.

Divorceess are special just the same way virgins are. :/... and everyone's a virgin till they're not and mehhh it ain't all that. You have to grow up one day...
              Why are you so fixated on virgin men marrying divorcees? What’s wrong with the divorced men? You seem a bit hypocritical in that regard.

Khadija (RA) was an exceptional woman. Read my post #245. I already answered that.
              ]

Comment

Why are you so fixated on virgin men marrying divorcees? What’s wrong with the divorced men? You seem a bit hypocritical in that regard.

Khadija (RA) was an exceptional woman. Read my post #245. I already answered that.
                Erm you said virgins are for virgins and there's no chance a virgin wouldn't marry a non virgin. Which is untrue and I was trying to explain to you that this wasnt the case.

Exactly my point nothing wrong with divorced people. Only you and some others on here seem to have an issue and promote more stigma towards divorcees smh 🤦‍♀️

Comment

Sister, most virgins will marry virgins and most divorcees will marry divorcees or polygamous men. That's the general trend that people prefer.

All we're saying is that ifsomeone doesn't follow that pattern it's fine, nothing wrong with it, and there are reasons for doing it. Its the way the prophet was.

You can't use "the prophet had 9 wives" as a catch all reason to reject any sunnah you don't want to follow.

The prophets example is clear, he married both virgin and divorcee and both are permissible based on compatability

Comment

Erm you said virgins are for virgins and there's no chance a virgin wouldn't marry a non virgin. Which is untrue and I was trying to explain to you that this wasnt the case.

Exactly my point nothing wrong with divorced people. Only you and some others on here seem to have an issue and promote more stigma towards divorcees smh 🤦‍♀️
                    No one promoted any “stigma”. What I said is backed up by Hadith. Generally virgins choose virgins as a default and may choose a divorcee in exceptional situations. There is a slim chance a virgin would marry a divorcee but it does happen. Exceptions don’t make the rule. That’s all I’m saying. What’s the problem with that? Why does it seem like divorcees take issue with marrying each other? Otherwise, why would you care about virgins marrying virgins?
                    ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post

Sister, most virgins will marry virgins and most divorcees will marry divorcees or polygamous men. That's the general trend that people prefer.

All we're saying is that ifsomeone doesn't follow that pattern it's fine, nothing wrong with it, and there are reasons for doing it. Its the way the prophet was.

You can't use "the prophet had 9 wives" as a catch all reason to reject any sunnah you don't want to follow.

The prophets example is clear, he married both virgin and divorcee and both are permissible based on compatability
                      I agree with you. Nothing I said was contrary to this. A virgin marrying a divorcee is the exception, not the rule. That’s what I’ve been saying all along so I don’t see what the problem is.
                      ]

Comment

He married multiple women. The prophet (saw) himself recommended for virgin men to marry virgin women. I posted the Hadith on here. The default spouse is a fellow virgin and a widow or divorcee would be under exceptional circumstances. Khaddija (RA) was an exceptional woman regardless of her previous marital status.

Anyway, the prophet also married 9 wives. Does that also mean other men can marry 9 wives? The reason why a lot of divorcees got married back during the prophet’s time was because they accepted polygamy. Nowadays they are a bit unrealistic and want to be the first and only wife of single never married man.
                        So are you above the rasool? He married divorced women, a widow, non virgins. So really you should respect that and fear Allah from promoting the idea that divorcees are damaged goodies. How shameless are you? Is your ego bigger than islam?

Anyways for the rest of you lot, islam allows it so ignore these jahils who are above the rasool and the sahabas who we also divorcees. I guess this sister thinks she is better than the sahabas as well. When they were the most pious people and yet they were divorcees but this shamless sister is going to say they were damaged goods.

Astigfirullah. Have some shame.
                        Last edited by Flawed; 02-11-20, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post

Yes it is permissable we shouldn't be debating it really. But some people just want to promote stigma against divorcee. And that is definitely haram. :/

Comment

I agree with you. Nothing I said was contrary to this. A virgin marrying a divorcee is the exception, not the rule. That’s what I’ve been saying all along so I don’t see what the problem is.
                            I think for me what i took issue with is the following. I feel divorcees have a hard time when it comes to stigma so I just mentioned some positive qualities a divorcee might have and you argued, acting like divorcees have nothing to offer that a virgin won't also have.

I just think virgins and divorcees offer two different things and it depends what works for you both. If you're both compatible then alhamdulillah

Comment

Yes it is permissable we shouldn't be debating it really. But some people just want to promote stigma against divorcee. And that is definitely haram. :/
                              Yes precisely

Comment

So are you above the rasool? He married divorced women, a widow, non virgins. So really you should respect that and fear Allah from promoting the idea that divorcees are damaged goodies. How shameless are you? Is your ego bigger than islam?

Anyways for the rest of you lot, islam allows it so ignore these jahils who are above the rasool and the sahabas who we also divorcees. I guess this sister thinks she is better than the sahabas as well. When they were the most pious people and yet they were divorcees but this shamless sister is going to say they were damaged goods.

Astigfirullah. Have some shame.
                                What are you talking about? Stop making false statements bc you can’t refute anything I said. I said the prophet married divorcees in polygamous situations. A lot of divorcees don’t want to follow that Sunnah. The prophet (saw) also married a virgin-his most beloved wife. According to the prophet’s Sunnah, divorcees should be entering into polygamous marriages not expecting to be the first and only wife of a virgin man.
                                ]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X