This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

You said earlier that if the woman was of so good character then the husband wouldn’t have divorced her and now you’re saying that they make irresponsible choices. Which one is it? Are women being divorced because of their bad character or are they being divorced due to their irresponsible choices? In any case, it’s no so hard to fathom that a single man may choose a divorcee over a ‘virgin’. Like you said, you’re from a different culture so maybe you’re not accustomed to this
    Everything is possible but let's be sensible, a single guy having the option of a single woman(z) or someone previously married with or without children is more likely to go with the former.

Also a person who does pick the latter does not make either a bad potential. Divorce happens and the reasons are long. People make mistakes, it's not a crime. Doo doo happens. We move on.

Comment

Some men do it for the ajr. I have heard with my own two ears (lol) brothers say that they’d be honoured to marry a divorcee with children and that they’d see it as a way of seeking reward. Not all women want their new husband to take on that role though so yeah
      Remember men say a lot of things...

Comment

• There are plenty of divorcees with something to offer a man. She can still be young and attractive, and will likely have more experience in cooking and keeping a home etc. She'll also likely have more stability and less dependence

Comment

• Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

Yeah exactly! I know a single female relative who married a brother with 5 kids recently and around the same time a friend who got divorced with 5 kids.

And this divorce situation is not only in my community as the sister assumes. It's ppl I know from my community and around the world. I have friends and family members in all parts of the world. They are all from different cultures too.
          tbh i was very ignorant on divorcees before and thought they would always get rejected but its not the case at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

tbh i was very ignorant on divorcees before and thought they would always get rejected but its not the case at all
            Lol. They do not get rejected as some ppl assume. From my experience, it is usually the divorcee that are doing the rejecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

It is more common than the past and among Muslims and non-Muslims. I know a lot of divorcees. Why too many. Even from my husband's family. My husband's 3 close friends are all divorced and they are practicing brothers and students of knowledge. And when I look outside his close friends and to the brothers he knows and is not super close with, quite a few of them are divorced. They are not just layman either they are very serious about the deen and well respected in the community. They are all around their mid to late 30s. Some have remarried, but most have not. Some have been divorced more than once.

Again I'm know saying it's okay or that broken families should be glorified. I'm just trying to tell you that it's not as black and white as it may seem.
              That’s bizarre. I’ve never witnessed so much divorce. May Allah grant them better spouses.
              Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
              Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
              [Al Quran 13:28]
              ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post
                There are plenty of divorcees with something to offer a man. She can still be young and attractive, and will likely have more experience in cooking and keeping a home etc. She'll also likely have more stability and less dependence
                100% agree.

Comment

you said and i quote...

' I think divorcees should marry divorcees and single people should marry single people. Divorcees tend to target single people.'

why do you think this? i cant get my head around you you'd think this...
                  Oh I get what you’re asking now. I just think they would be similar to each other on the sense that they’ve had similar life experiences in terms of marriage and having kids. I think it creates an imbalance in the marriage when once spouse is a divorcee with kids and the other is a single virgin. There’s also a Hadith where the Prophet recommends for virgins to marry virgins. I don’t even know why this is up for debate.
                  Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
                  ]

Comment

You said earlier that if the woman was of so good character then the husband wouldn’t have divorced her and now you’re saying that they make irresponsible choices. Which one is it? Are women being divorced because of their bad character or are they being divorced due to their irresponsible choices? In any case, it’s no so hard to fathom that a single man may choose a divorcee over a ‘virgin’. Like you said, you’re from a different culture so maybe you’re not accustomed to this
                    The divorce could be due to either of those reasons.

Also, yes, I don’t see any sensible reason why a single man would choose a divorcee over a single sister. She won’t have any qualities that he could not find in a single sister. Likewise, I don’t see why a single sister would choose a divorcee over a single brother. However, if the man is exceptionally wealthy, then it’s understandable in that situation. Maybe in exceptional situations, it can make sense. Otherwise, it doesn’t.
                    ]

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Everything is possible but let's be sensible, a single guy having the option of a single woman(z) or someone previously married with or without children is more likely to go with the former.

Also a person who does pick the latter does not make either a bad potential. Divorce happens and the reasons are long. People make mistakes, it's not a crime. Doo doo happens. We move on.
                      I don’t dispute that at all. But the sister was having difficulty understanding why single men would marry a divorcee with children. It’s not always a case of X or Y. Sometimes brothers can’t find what they are looking for in a single sister but may find it in a divorcee and vice versa. Obviously if the option is there then by all means go with the single woman but options aren’t always an option!
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawud_Britaani View Post
                        There are plenty of divorcees with something to offer a man. She can still be young and attractive, and will likely have more experience in cooking and keeping a home etc. She'll also likely have more stability and less dependence
                        this i defo agree with, most guys hate clingy women

Comment

so just because its not normal in your 'circles' doesnt mean its a bad thing,
                          divorce is a out of jail key for some, its a release from all sorts of things they could be enduring, its halal for a reason, only Allah swt knows why
                          It is the MOST HATED permissible thing by Allah (swt). It should be a last resort.
                          ]

Comment

I don’t dispute that at all. But the sister was having difficulty understanding why single men would marry a divorcee with children. It’s not always a case of X or Y. Sometimes brothers can’t find what they are looking for in a single sister but may find it in a divorcee and vice versa. Obviously if the option is there then by all means go with the single woman but options aren’t always an option!

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I want facts and figures or this is fake news man, fake newz.
                              It is fake news.
                              ]

Comment

this i defo agree with, most guys hate clingy women
                                I know right, they grab onto your leg when you try and leave the house. Totally unacceptable.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X