This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim marriage apps

So I've tried going on Muslim marriage app to see if it's possible to meet a good and religious pious man. However, I used the app called Muzmatch what I liked about the app is the blur your photo feature which I have used. I downloaded the app and got over 100 likes the following day baring in mind my photos were blurred. The Men I matched with straight away ask for pics, I show them my pictures, then they go silent and don't go from there or never initiate onvo. Subhallah I am not ugly at all and have had people interested to marry me in the real life. But the app is something else. I matched with one person, he asked me to show him my pic, I then showed him. He then proceeded to ask for my snap which I gave to him. He then sort of started to text me for a couple of 't weeks, didn't ask about meeting to get to know me and family, it didn't seemed serious. So we stopped talking.

Salaam sister, I was on that App for possibly a year. People add you just to see your picture, most people use it as a dating app and to make friends. People may ask for your snap but they wont be as serious as you. I went on the app for the same reason you did, but I experienced EXACTLY the same issue as you. If its in your luck to find someone on the app then in shaa ALLAH you'll find someone but just be careful and do not meet anyone in quite places. Be straight up, a simple quick meeting and get family involved as soon possible. Majority are just messing about on the app and some accounts are fake where some have duplicate accounts too!

Comment

sadly these apps and sites are like this, looks are irrelevant because most of them are not there for marriage sadly. they treat it like tinder. no one has any hayaa sadly

i was recently on singlemuslim, yeah i've heard all the horror stories about that site too but i wanted to increase my options so i created an account on there as well as other sites, scenario is the same - a lot of likes, a lot of messages, all the profiles from men are pretty similar - they are all there 'looking for marriage' but when you start talking to them its a very different story. i don't wear hijab yet so for some reason i think thats why they think i'm easy or something because all the messages i've gotten are from some very thirsty men. they won't even take the time to have a conversation with me, each message is 'wow you're so gorgeous, heres my number lets whatsapp and meet up' some of them even call me baby. and they send me 20, 30, 40 messages in one go. i've taken my picture down now, i'm seriously looking for a spouse but i'm so done with these sites and those were my last option. i can't believe how difficult its becoming to even find a husband. they all claim they want wives but none of them are going to any effort to find one, all they want is fun.

Comment

That seems so stressful!! It's best to find someone in real life. Maybe ask friends, family, mosque. These apps are just full of horror stories. How are these even Muslims.

Comment

100 likes in a day?

I've gotten a total of 20 likes over the course of a year.

I've since deleted the app of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            100 likes in a day?

I've gotten a total of 20 likes over the course of a year.

I've since deleted the app of course.
            Lol...so what does this say about men?

Comment

My professor about 5 years ago was telling us how nowadays it's really hard to find a good men to have a relationship or marriage material. How it's easy for them to find a woman on tinder who will give them what they want without any commitment. She was a non-muslim divorcee very attractive lady, I thought that was so odd. But I guess we live in crazy times now, even Muslims are caught up. No wonder I know so many beautiful Muslim women well educated in their 30s single struggling to find a decent man.

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

I don't know. What do you think?

Comment

My professor about 5 years ago was telling us how nowadays it's really hard to find a good men to have a relationship or marriage material. How it's easy for them to find a woman on tinder who will give them what they want without any commitment. She was a non-muslim divorcee very attractive lady, I thought that was so odd. But I guess we live in crazy times now, even Muslims are caught up. No wonder I know so many beautiful Muslim women well educated in their 30s single struggling to find a decent man.
                  Your professor is full of it. It is not easy for most men, Muslim or not, to just find casual flings on tinder. Only really good looking men can achieve that. For the average man, longer term relationships are his best option.

And obviously for Muslim men, marriage is the only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                    Your professor is full of it. It is not easy for most men, Muslim or not, to just find casual flings on tinder. Only really good looking men can achieve that. For the average man, longer term relationships are his best option.
                    And obviously for Muslim men, marriage is the only option.
                    IDK, tbh. She might have a point. The sisters sharing their experience here seem to show men aren't too serious and they looking for a fling on these apps. But I guess brothers have the same complain too. Seems like these apps are not the best way to meet someone.

I was shocked that my professor would have any issues finding a man. She is very attractive, all the campus men were talking about how gorgeous she was. Meanwhile she was complaining she can't find a good man and her ex-husband was an alcoholic and she had to ditch him.

When I went to the imam about my marriage issues he told me to keep my husband and work on the relationship because it's nearly impossible nowadays to find a God fearing man. I was disappointed with his response and discouraged for several reasons. Mainly I was disappointed to think what state are our Muslim brothers in for this imam to advice me to stay in my toxic marriage? He was basically telling me I won't get anything better.
                    Generally I feel like women get no support when they are in toxic marriages (but I guess that's a whole other thread). Just this week I had two married friends calling me about their marriage issues, one husband is threatening to divorce his wife treating her like garbage because she is not pleasing enough to his mother, the other sister is calling complaining that her husband does not pray and now she doesn't know what to do. Some men might say these women are ungrateful. Idk, guess I'm going off topic again, so I'll just end it here.

Comment

IDK, tbh. She might have a point. The sisters sharing their experience here seem to show men aren't too serious and they looking for a fling on these apps. But I guess brothers have the same complain too. Seems like these apps are not the best way to meet someone.

I was shocked that my professor would have any issues finding a man. She is very attractive, all the campus men were talking about how gorgeous she was. Meanwhile she was complaining she can't find a good man and her ex-husband was an alcoholic and she had to ditch him.

When I went to the imam about my marriage issues he told me to keep my husband and work on the relationship because it's nearly impossible nowadays to find a God fearing man. I was disappointed with his response and discouraged for several reasons. Mainly I was disappointed to think what state are our Muslim brothers in for this imam to advice me to stay in my toxic marriage? He was basically telling me I won't get anything better.
                      Generally I feel like women get no support when they are in toxic marriages (but I guess that's a whole other thread). Just this week I had two married friends calling me about their marriage issues, one husband is threatening to divorce his wife treating her like garbage because she is not pleasing enough to his mother, the other sister is calling complaining that her husband does not pray and now she doesn't know what to do. Some men might say these women are ungrateful. Idk, guess I'm going off topic again, so I'll just end it here.
                      Well, there's only two possibilities. Either women are right and most of us are garbage, or women are wrong and just have overly high standards.

Comment

Allah has raised the status of a Muslim woman so high that a random man can not even look at her (hijab). If he wants her, he has to approach her wali, ask for her hand respectfully and only if the wali feels he's suitable for his daughter, he can have her. Before that, he has to pay her an obligatory mahr fixed by her family. He has to take full responsibility to provide her with food, clothing and housing according to his means for life . She is worthy and valued.

But sadly, woman has become nothing more than a mere commodity nowadays. She has been taken out of her home in the name of financial freedom and forced to work shoulder to shoulder with men. Her clothes have been removed and her modesty has been ripped off in order for her to be called "liberated". She has become the eye-candy of every person on the street.

Just imagine...if a man can get whatever he wants from a woman without marriage, why would he bother to take on responsibility for feeding, clothing & housing her for a lifetime. Once he's had his fill of her, he can just dispose her like a used tissue paper and move on to the next one. He doesn't need to be "bound" to one partner by law.

Women are being brutally exploited these days. Most men just want their dose of fun. They do not want to take any responsibility. When the woman began earning, man became lazy.

Marriage has become more like a transaction these days where both parties contribute to the household. It's no longer a beautiful partnership where one handled everything outdoors and the other took full responsibility indoors - out of love, not corecion. No wonder most marriages are doomed for failure these days .

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                          Allah has raised the status of a Muslim woman so high that a random man can not even look at her (hijab). If he wants her, he has to approach her wali, ask for her hand respectfully and only if the wali feels he's suitable for his daughter, he can have her. Before that, he has to pay her an obligatory mahr fixed by her family. He has to take full responsibility to provide her with food, clothing and housing according to his means for life . She is worthy and valued.

But sadly, woman has become nothing more than a mere commodity nowadays. She has been taken out of her home in the name of financial freedom and forced to work shoulder to shoulder with men. Her clothes have been removed and her modesty has been ripped off in order for her to be called "liberated". She has become the eye-candy of every person on the street.

Just imagine...if a man can get whatever he wants from a woman without marriage, why would he bother to take on responsibility for feeding, clothing & housing her for a lifetime. Once he's had his fill of her, he can just dispose her like a used tissue paper and move on to the next one. He doesn't need to be "bound" to one partner by law.

Women are being brutally exploited these days. Most men just want their dose of fun. They do not want to take any responsibility. When the woman began earning, man became lazy.

Marriage has become more like a transaction these days where both parties contribute to the household. It's no longer a beautiful partnership where one handled everything outdoors and the other took full responsibility indoors - out of love, not corecion. No wonder most marriages are doomed for failure these days .
                          Couldn't agree with you more. Spot on. Even my non-muslim professor could see it, that men would not commit because according to her they can easily find a woman that would 'give it up' without any effort.

Comment

From previous threads the general feeling is that many people on apps like this are not serious. Generally, a man wants to see what a woman looks like and if it's not to his personal liking then he would more than likely move on. I can imagine that getting a huge number of likes could make you feel good but really it's just men casting a wide net and see what fish they can pull in. If you have not put your pic up then you really should not read much into this. Even with a pic you will have users that are not genuine for many reasons.

Western societies are promiscuous and apps are just another facilitator to make things happen.

Comment

Honestly I’ve had it with these apps.. You match with someone they talk for a while then they stop replying. Or things progress with someone and then they go and block you off everywhere? :S Like you could of just told me sis I’m not interested anymore but instead you just go and block me after seeming so serious about everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X