Questions to ask about a potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to ask about a potential

So a friend who knows I’m looking to get married InshAllah has told me her brother is also looking and whether I want to consider it. I’ve talked about this to another friend who has reassured me that either way if things work out or not, our friendship would not change in anyway. From what I’ve heard about him he seems like a decent, religious guy which makes me want to consider it and pursue (but I don’t know proper details) Our mums will talk but in the meantime she said I can ask her any questions I may have about her brother. I honestly just want a simple life and have plenty of goals religion based that I want to pursue but I also work full time. I really just want to follow a life based around sunnah and have found so many guys these days that just want a really extroverted, outgoing girl and don’t bother about religion. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy shopping and have a social life and enjoy going out and travelling too. Here’s what I have so far, any other suggestions of things I should ask? Jzk in advance.
    - his job
    - his hobbies
    - would he be living with parents
    - his religion and how close he is with it. We don’t do milaad / khatam if that would make a difference to them.

I know other things like how honest he is, how he deals with certain situations, his alhlaaq etc are important too but asking his sister, obvs she’d say good things.

Out-of-the-box questions?

Comment

Not really no, it’s just early days.

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
        the most important thing a women should look for in her husband is how much does he love allah subhanahu wa talaa . make sure he practice islam and pray all hes prayers on time in the masjid (before the quarantine and after it finishes) if he does then that a good sign if he dosent make it clear that in order for you both to get married he must maintain hes daily fard prayers in the masjid including fajr (assumin you are a practising muslim too sister and that you pray all your daily prayers in your house) and if you have thoughts about the relation of maintaining prayer with a good husband it goes like this if someone dosent give allah subhanahu wa talaa hes right of being worshiped will surely deprive people of their rights

Comment

Yeh might be worth getting some unbiased opinions from others besides his sister.
          Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the worlds ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

Comment

the questions you have set so far already look good enough. mA for asking them.

Comment

Jazakallah Khair for the replies. I asked those questions and a few more and had a really positive response. Where he is quite outgoing, he’s not looking for someone who has to be the same and just someone who balances him out. In terms of religion, it ticks all the boxes for me. InshAllah make dua that if it’s good, it works out.

Comment

Working...
              X