X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He claims he is a virgin despite being married begote

*that should read BEFORE*

I am due to get married in a few weeks.
    My soon to be husband is a good man. He is deeply religious and I know I should believe him but this just sounds so unbelievable I am struggling.
    He says he met a woman and they got married. They had met through work and so it wasn’t an arranged marriage. They had the nikah but did not have intercourse as his home was having construction problems and she lived with her parents. A few days after the nikah family problems started and the marriage ended in divorce.
    He has always maintained he is a virgin. Now I am not a virgin and he knows this. He also knows I don’t expect him to be a virgin as I knew from the beginning he was divorced.

However surely this story of his is a load of none sense? They would have booked a hotel or made some arrangement. The wedding night is something they would have planned.

I am also sure that if they had never had intercourse there would be no divorce as the marriage would be invalid as consummation would not have taken place.

am I right to find this story a little unbelievable?

No it's not completely unbelievable. If he has never been with a woman before he might have not done the deed right away out of shyness or what not. It happens sometimes. Especially since you say they didn't even have a place.

Anyway if he says he is a virgin why be so concerned. If you think he is otherwise a good man I don't see why you should be so worried about his previous relationship with his ex-wife.

Rule is we believe what ppl say unless there is some clear evidence why we shouldn't.

​​​​​​If he is a good man and you don't have any reasons to believe he is a lier and shouldn't be trusted, I would say forget it. And if he says he is a virgin then he is. Why would he lie about it? He really has no reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      *that should read BEFORE*

I am also sure that if they had never had intercourse there would be no divorce as the marriage would be invalid as consummation would not have taken place.
      (Incorrect)

consummation of marriage is not a requirement for a valid marriage in Islam

It is also permissable to get divorced before consummation occurs and this is still a valid divorce

some things that consummation can effect -
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa...answers/118557

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa...answers/175624

Comment

You seem to be full of doubt about this guy (judging by this and the former thread) yet you are determined to do this. Your life I guess.

Comment

He is, he isn't, what's the difference? At least physically he is the same.

Comment

I don't see what incentive he would have, as a man, to lie about being a virgin. Especially in a scenario where he's marrying a non-virgin woman.

Comment

It is believable that he did not consummate the marriage.
              There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

That is not always the case, believe it or not it happens.

If he’s a good man I don’t see what the issue is. Just trust what he tells you and move on.

Comment

Working...
                X