Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Countries where you can get a Nikah only marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countries where you can get a Nikah only marriage?

I'm 30 and looking to move to an Islamic country in a couple of years once I have enough passive income to leave the UK. I want to start a family but most british girls dont want to leave the country, so i'm probably going to look for a girl abroad. My intentions are good its just I am concerned about a girl marrying me officially just to divorce me and take half my assets and income. I want any money to go solely to my future children.

From my knowledge unregistered nikahs are illegal in places such as Pakistan and Bangladesh meanwhile in most North African countries a Nikah means automatic civil registration. Are there any other countries, outside of the UK, where I can get married in the eyes of Allah but not the state?

You're worried about divorce and you haven't even got married yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post
      You're worried about divorce and you haven't even got married yet.
      You have a point. You have to plan ahead though just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB786 View Post

You have a point. You have to plan ahead though just in case.
        I see

Comment

I'm 30 and looking to move to an Islamic country in a couple of years once I have enough passive income to leave the UK. I want to start a family but most british girls dont want to leave the country, so i'm probably going to look for a girl abroad. My intentions are good its just I am concerned about a girl marrying me officially just to divorce me and take half my assets and income. I want any money to go solely to my future children.

From my knowledge unregistered nikahs are illegal in places such as Pakistan and Bangladesh meanwhile in most North African countries a Nikah means automatic civil registration. Are there any other countries, outside of the UK, where I can get married in the eyes of Allah but not the state?
          I don't know of any but there probably are some.

And about your money going to your future children only, I assume you know already but your wife inherits from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Obaidah23 View Post

I don't know of any but there probably are some.

And about your money going to your future children only, I assume you know already but your wife inherits from you.
            Yes but hopefully i wont die soon. By that stage I'll have built up enough trust that I know she will use this wisely. I just dont want to marry a woman who marries me solely for the purpose of divorcing me to get money.

Comment

Yes but hopefully i wont die soon. By that stage I'll have built up enough trust that I know she will use this wisely. I just dont want to marry a woman who marries me solely for the purpose of divorcing me to get money.
              I get what you mean, insha Allah I wount do an "official" marriage and if I do I would get a prenup.

Comment

1. you are too confused. as of 30 years of age - its better you should have more insight of human and life.
                2. move Islamic country and passive income, can't connect these (even when you don't have real responsibility - wife, kids etc). rizq comes from Allah - a firm believe is required here.
                3. [ british girls dont want to leave the country ] -- correct. Probably you may find some European girl / woman ready to move, but no Muslim girl. So, if you really wanna move/leave UK (Europe), to build a family look outside Europe.
                4. A problem may arise, the type of girl you are looking for, the parents of that girl, most probably will not trust you. -- Think about it.

Comment

Are some rich guy that you're afraid women will only want you for your money?

Comment

Originally posted by aabab View Post

1. you are too confused. as of 30 years of age - its better you should have more insight of human and life.
                    2. move Islamic country and passive income, can't connect these (even when you don't have real responsibility - wife, kids etc). rizq comes from Allah - a firm believe is required here.
                    3. [ british girls dont want to leave the country ] -- correct. Probably you may find some European girl / woman ready to move, but no Muslim girl. So, if you really wanna move/leave UK (Europe), to build a family look outside Europe.
                    4. A problem may arise, the type of girl you are looking for, the parents of that girl, most probably will not trust you. -- Think about it.
                    Some of what you say is very sensible, thank you. I'm not too sure what you mean at 2.- Are you suggesting having an income without working is un-islamic? on point number 4 you are completely right, this is a concern of mine and I would completely understand their perspective. I hoped I would find a way to build trust in other ways. I think trust is an issue I also have. The way I look at it is that in the days of the prophet they did not have all the divorce laws and civil requirements that they have now. I'm concerned this will incentivise divorce. Maybe i'm worrying too much and should just trust in Allah more to give me the strength to deal with the possibility things wont work out.

Comment

Marry a good woman with deen inshaallah and put your trust in Allah. You'll be fine.

Comment

Your thinking too much about the money side of things. You should concentrate more on marrying a good person, that way Even if problems did occur they will still give you you’re rights. And Even if you did get married without recognition from the state it doesn’t mean you’re finances will be completely secure. Just find a good practising woman and put your trust in Allah and khalas. Don’t complicate things.

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post
                          Are some rich guy that you're afraid women will only want you for your money?
                          Lol I just think there’s a lack of trust between people nowadays. No wonder it’s becoming hard to get married. A lot of people just want too much honestly. There not even ready to do their duty in the marriage and then wonder why things go wrong. Am not speaking about the op. Am just speaking generally. And honestly marrying for money is easy, Why would I choose to go through a hardship of finding someone with Deen? I could easily find someone with money. Some women are just looking for someone pious and decent and that’s not easy to find. So can brothers just chill, not all of us are after money.

Comment

Some of what you say is very sensible, thank you. I'm not too sure what you mean at 2.- Are you suggesting having an income without working is un-islamic? on point number 4 you are completely right, this is a concern of mine and I would completely understand their perspective. I hoped I would find a way to build trust in other ways. I think trust is an issue I also have. The way I look at it is that in the days of the prophet they did not have all the divorce laws and civil requirements that they have now. I'm concerned this will incentivise divorce. Maybe i'm worrying too much and should just trust in Allah more to give me the strength to deal with the possibility things wont work out.
                            You're a smart guy. Also since you're already planning failsafes don't forget in case you have children you need to try and get child custody. Talk to a lawyer maybe to get a run down on the law and what loop-holes you can exploit, since the system is geared to favouring the women.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Lol I just think there’s a lack of trust between people nowadays. No wonder it’s becoming hard to get married. A lot of people just want too much honestly. There not even ready to do their duty in the marriage and then wonder why things go wrong. Am not speaking about the op. Am just speaking generally. And honestly marrying for money is easy, Why would I choose to go through a hardship of finding someone with Deen? I could easily find someone with money. Some women are just looking for someone pious and decent and that’s not easy to find. So can brothers just chill, not all of us are after money.
                              It's absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                              X