Marriage without a wali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage without a wali

Can someone provided me the the proof that it is permissible for a divorced sister to get married without her wali

I think you should be in contact with your Islamic center or masjid, so you can talk to someone in person about these issues.

By the way, none of the madhahib say it is permissible for a woman to marry herself off without a wali. One madhhab (the Hanafis) say it is permissible but with a condition.

Comment

By the way, weren't you just married recently and making threads about your marriage?

If you were recently divorced, you need time to heal and recuperate. Jumping into another marriage on impulse is a mistake in most cases. Yes, there will be men proposing to you, but I'll tell you, a lot of them won't be genuine. They will try to take advantage of your situation, not get into an actual marriage with you.

Also, if you cannot tell your wali about the marriage, then you have to ask yourself why.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
        I think you should be in contact with your Islamic center or masjid, so you can talk to someone in person about these issues.

By the way, none of the madhahib say it is permissible for a woman to marry herself off without a wali. One madhhab (the Hanafis) say it is permissible but with a condition.
        can you provide me with a link that explains this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anisa35 View Post

can you provide me with a link that explains this condition.
          Yes: https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/231970/

But you need to talk this out with someone, and they need to figure out why you (if you really are) reluctant to involve your wali.

Comment

Yes: https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/231970/

But you need to talk this out with someone, and they need to figure out why you (if you really are) reluctant to involve your wali.
            I will do that. I don't understand Arabic therefore, I will ask the imam or someone knowledgeable to sit down and translate this all to me.

Comment

By the way, weren't you just married recently and making threads about your marriage?

If you were recently divorced, you need time to heal and recuperate. Jumping into another marriage on impulse is a mistake in most cases. Yes, there will be men proposing to you, but I'll tell you, a lot of them won't be genuine. They will try to take advantage of your situation, not get into an actual marriage with you.

Also, if you cannot tell your wali about the marriage, then you have to ask yourself why.
              I do not want fear to stop me from marrying again. I do not have much time to recuperate, I am an older sister and my time is ticking.
              ​​​​​I know exactly why. Yet, I appreciate your advice very much.

Comment

I do not want fear to stop me from marrying again. I do not have much time to recuperate, I am an older sister and my time is ticking.
                ​​​​​I know exactly why. Yet, I appreciate your advice very much.
                Everyone's time is ticking but that's not a sufficient reason to operate with haste as that increases the likelihood of ill-judgement.

Anyway there is only a certain amount that you can do to find a practicing man so you may find you are given some time, which should be used to your benefit.

Operating without a wali means you will also attract the wrong kind of man.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Everyone's time is ticking but that's not a sufficient reason to operate with haste as that increases the likelihood of ill-judgement.

Anyway there is only a certain amount that you can do to find a practicing man so you may find you are given some time, which should be used to your benefit.

Operating without a wali means you will also attract the wrong kind of man.
                  I'm thinking of marrying in a year or two, that is pushing it. The without the wali situation is an option that I may need. Therefore, I wanted to know if it is indeed allowed in Islam.

Comment

Please read through this

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5217...ld-get-married

Comment

Originally posted by Bayna3 View Post
                      jazakallah khair

Comment

Sis can I ask you why are you not involving a wali? Are they objecting your choice to remarry?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post
                          Sis can I ask you why are you not involving a wali? Are they objecting your choice to remarry?
                          No. It's the ex-husband.

Comment

No. It's the ex-husband.
                            He doesn't want you to remarry,?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

He doesn't want you to remarry,?
                              He wants our children if I do and he is dead serious. It will be world war 3 if he finds out.
                              Last edited by Anisa35; 28-03-20, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X