Good way to get married in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

But they'll need a Wali for the procedure to be Halal, right? What if they have no one to represent them? Someone's got to do it.
    What happens a lot is that a sister doesn’t have a wali, then may find someone for marriage and he will conveniently have a ‘friend’ who can act as her wali.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah but still, it's different when you go through the Masjid. Only someone with a black heart would approach it with bad intentions. I know the same could be said with online matrimonial services, but you literally have to enter the Mosque and speak with Muslims to join this program.
      You don't have to see them face to face (when I joined this was the case, I don't know if things have changed now)

It's as easy as making your application online, all they need is your money, your cv, and a picture.
      ​​​​​​They didn't know anything about me, you would think a mosque can provide character references but it doesn't actually work like that

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

What happens a lot is that a sister doesn’t have a wali, then may find someone for marriage and he will conveniently have a ‘friend’ who can act as her wali.
        You know what would be a great idea? If someone open's a Wali-ing service that specifically caters to convert women. If this organization has experience and good intentions, then they could weed out the bandits and evil con-artits who target these vulnerable sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

You don't have to see them face to face (when I joined this was the case, I don't know if things have changed now)

It's as easy as making your application online, all they need is your money, your cv, and a picture.
          ​​​​​​They didn't know anything about me, you would think a mosque can provide character references but it doesn't actually work like that
          I see. But I still feel like the mere fact that you're going through the Masjid weeds out some of the insincere people.

We also have something like this where I'm from, but I haven't really looked into it. I'll see how these guys run things the next time I get a chance, InshaAllah.

Comment

You know what would be a great idea? If someone open's a Wali-ing service that specifically caters to convert women. If this organization has experience and good intentions, then they could weed out the bandits and evil con-artits who target these vulnerable sisters.

That’s a good idea akhi.

Comment

I tried to phone Green lane masjid. They have a strange system now it's no longer profiles like this. Basically you send a female representative (mahram) and she meets with other females and she looks for you etc (it's strange in my opinion because the father is supposed to be the walee).

They used to have a profile system but not anymore i was told. I don't think the new system is very effective they say it's sisters only or something.

Comment

I reiterate that in general the masjids are not a good ideas (i know i live in the UK) and i have asked around. If you know brothers personally in the masjid that's a different story (i don't really know that many broethers on that kind of level)

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

The imam of the masjid would very very rarely have time for this. It’s very very difficult for revert sisters to find someone to act as a wali. Usually she would have a sister who she knows and is married & her husband would step in as a wali. But obviously some sisters do not have that relationship with sisters and therefore it becomes increasingly difficult for them to find a wali
                  And even if you find a wali, there's no guarantee he will care and he could just marry you off to whoever. Finding a good wali is rare and definitely a blessing from Allah.
                  Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 29-02-20, 07:11 AM.
                  Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Who says the people who would act as a wali in this organization would have good intentions? I wouldn't be surprised if some brothers would join to look for a wife for themselves. How many times do men agree to look but they want to marry the sister and refuse to be helpful because of that? This has happened to many converts I know. I'm certain men would take advantage of such an organization.
                    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 29-02-20, 07:14 AM.
                    Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

:|

Apparently certain things go on behind the scenes for that purpose when they aren't meant to (by the forum rules)?
                      indeed they do.

Comment

University ISOC

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

And even if you find a wali, there's no guarantee he will care and he could just marry you off to whoever. Finding a good wali is rare and definitely a blessing from Allah.
                          Yes & when you have issues in the marriage most times the wali would have disappeared or won’t want to know..

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Who says the people who would act as a wali in this organization would have good intentions? I wouldn't be surprised if some brothers would join to look for a wife for themselves. How many times do men agree to look but they want to marry the sister and refuse to be helpful because of that? This has happened to many converts I know. I'm certain men would take advantage of such an organization.
                            This is awful.

Comment

Looking for a spouse nowadays seems so stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by hiba.3 View Post
                                Dude, if you seriously think you're gonna get married through communication between man and wali in today's period then you're never gonna get married. Nobody follows islam that strictly when looking for marriage nowadays. I know it makes things difficult for girl and guy islamically, but that's how it's done. Or your other option is to pray to allah for this miracle to happen and just wait....

muzmatch is a nice app for meeting serious marriage-minded people imo, but you have to post pic....imo it's haram but it's how things happen "nowadays"
                                Your wrong, there are pious and decent muslims who get married to islamically as much as possible. To me muzmatch isn't good for islamically minded people, it's seem more like dating than marriage app. There are could be non-muslims pretending to be muslims.

Yahya2020 brother why don't ask your parents or uncles to look for you? may Allah Most High bless you with pious muslim wife.
                                Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 29-02-20, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X