Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you divide finances between working wife and husband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish my wife to have a comfortable living, she can have small luxuries in SHA Allah without her working. I don’t want my wife to work. I aim to have a good paid job to pay for me, her and my family.
    Last edited by Magic.; 17-02-20, 10:41 PM.
    And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

My wife works. It was her desire, and I did not resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad45 View Post
        My wife works. It was her desire, and I did not resist.
        I was wondering whether your wife worked or not. Thank you for clearing that up.

Comment

A married woman is not required to pitch in to ANY costs of her maintenance. That is solely the man's responsibility

Her money is her money
          His money is for him to maintain his wife and kids (help parents, sadaqa, etc)

IF she agrees to pitch in, it is only a sadaqa for her and blessings from Allah.

As far as giving up her career for kids, I have rarely seen that work out, but sometimes it does, be very careful
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Can’t believe there’s sisters here who not only work and contribute towards finances but ALSO do this whilst living with in-laws?

I don’t know why but that concept seems so weird to me. It’s like he’s getting literally everything his way. The whole reason why so many men want their wives moving in with them and their family is because (realistically) it’s cheaper for him and saves him from having to pay rent as well as bills etc therefore there isn’t any need for the wife to contribute, the husbands salary alone should be able to cover the cost of the few bills he is paying as well as food and clothes. And if she has kids there won’t be any need to pay for babysitters.

If he wanted me paying towards everything I’d only be doing this on the condition that we live independently. Then I’d happily pay towards the rent and bills. But live with his family and still pay towards everything? What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by pfc22 View Post
              Can’t believe there’s sisters here who not only work and contribute towards finances but ALSO do this whilst living with in-laws?

I don’t know why but that concept seems so weird to me. It’s like he’s getting literally everything his way. The whole reason why so many men want their wives moving in with them and their family is because (realistically) it’s cheaper for him and saves him from having to pay rent as well as bills etc therefore there isn’t any need for the wife to contribute, the husbands salary alone should be able to cover the cost of the few bills he is paying as well as food and clothes. And if she has kids there won’t be any need to pay for babysitters.

If he wanted me paying towards everything I’d only be doing this on the condition that we live independently. Then I’d happily pay towards the rent and bills. But live with his family and still pay towards everything? What a joke.
              A lot of women will accept anything just to be married, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

maybe they are feministas

they want equality so they gon get it! And that includes contributing financially

Comment

Is this a son thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

maybe they are feministas

they want equality so they gon get it! And that includes contributing financially
                    Living with his family is not equality though. Why did she leave her family but he didn’t leave his??

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Right, how sad.

Comment

It is absolutely normal when a husband does not want his wife to work. This is very commendable indeed. However, I also respect the choice of women who want to work and don't want to just sit at home. It's normal for everyone to have dreams and goals. This is also commendable. My wife also wants to work and does not want to stay at home. She has her own career goals that she wants to achieve. She works as a financial advisor, and I am very proud of her. She studied a lot for this, and I did not want it to be in vain. It's important to respect your wife, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad45 View Post
                          It is absolutely normal when a husband does not want his wife to work. This is very commendable indeed. However, I also respect the choice of women who want to work and don't want to just sit at home. It's normal for everyone to have dreams and goals. This is also commendable. My wife also wants to work and does not want to stay at home. She has her own career goals that she wants to achieve. She works as a financial advisor, and I am very proud of her. She studied a lot for this, and I did not want it to be in vain. It's important to respect your wife, isn't it?
                          Does she work with other men?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Does she work with other men?
                            Think it's just a bait account.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                              A married woman is not required to pitch in to ANY costs of her maintenance. That is solely the man's responsibility

Her money is her money
                              His money is for him to maintain his wife and kids (help parents, sadaqa, etc)

IF she agrees to pitch in, it is only a sadaqa for her and blessings from Allah.

As far as giving up her career for kids, I have rarely seen that work out, but sometimes it does, be very careful
                              I mean it seems hypocritical when women want to go the Islamic way of being able to keep the money they earned and having the husband provide for them both..., but then they also believe they should be able to keep their career even though it compromises their duties as a wife and mother, compromises their modesty, and the husband is seen as the villain for telling her to give up her career.

Comment

working wife or not working wife, a woman ain't obliged to contribute to household expenses. + women shouldn't be going out to work unnecessarily.
                                "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
                                western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X