No announcement yet.

Sisters who marry again with kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think each situation is unique.¬¬† Some children may have a very active hands on father, other children may not even know who their father is.¬¬† Age plays a big factor too, it is much easier to form a bond with a very young child than with a teen.¬¬† The key I think is to be very open with the mother as to what she expects.
    The best stepfather I ever saw was the husband of a friend of mine.¬¬† She was widowed when her child was only months old and remarried when he was 4.¬¬† He was very upset in the early days to see a man physically close to his mother and this brother insisted on sleeping separately from her until the child was used to the idea.¬¬† He took him everywhere with him and treated him the same as his subsequent children.¬¬† That boy is now 20 and they are to all intensive purposes father and son.¬¬† At his school graduation he chose his stepfather over his mother to go.¬¬†¬¬†
    ¬¬†

Comment

Wife remarried
      the thought hurts

Comment

So personal family experience here...

My aunty's second husband (whom she has now divorced) was always seen as this pious man. However, he wasn't the same person to her first daughter from her first husband - hence the divorce.

If you're a woman and getting married again, you really need to consider how old your kids are and if you have any daughters. If you're a man, then it is slightly different - most step-mothers are accommodating whilst some will always give preference to their own blood.
        Last edited by applepiex3; 09-11-19, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by applepiex3 View Post
          So personal family experience here...

My aunty's second husband (whom she has now divorced) was always seen as this pious man. However, he wasn't the same person to her first daughter from her first husband - hence the divorce.

If you're a woman and getting married again, you really need to consider how old your kids are and if you have any daughters. If you're a man, then it is slightly different - most step-mothers are accommodating whilst some will always give preference to their own blood.
          Personal experience: I've had 2 step mums andc1 step dad and I would say that the likelihood of of the stepmum being bad to the children is much higher than the stepdad.  Regardless, it is really important that the parent is on alert for these issues and prioritised the child otherwise it can done much damage in the longterm.

Comment

The irony is that when you were married and have kids and you seek someone who doesnt have kids its seems to be a joke but when you look at it things could really wrong and harm the relationship i have with my kids even though they dont live with me

Comment

Working...
            X