Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he my mahram once married?

Salaam,

I am looking to get married to a brother who would like me to live with himself and his foster father (his uncle). I was wondering if the foster father would be classed has my mahram once married.

Jzk

Wa alaikum us salaam,

I don't know if he would be your mehram or not but in this day and age of widespread fitnah and corruption, it would be better if you do not stay together.

There may be many instances where your husband may not be home, but his uncle and you could be together under one roof. It can get awkward for you. It's better to take precautions in the beginning than to regret anything later.

It does not matter how elderly or pious he is or how fatherly he behaves towards you, you should always put your safety first.

If you feel the brother is excellent and you're unlikely to get such a good proposal again, then you may agree on the condition that you get your own separate quarters with lock and key.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
        Wa alaikum us salaam,

I don't know if he would be your mehram or not but in this day and age of widespread fitnah and corruption, it would be better if you do not stay together.

There may be many instances where your husband may not be home, but his uncle and you could be together under one roof. It can get awkward for you. It's better to take precautions in the beginning than to regret anything later.

It does not matter how elderly or pious he is or how fatherly he behaves towards you, you should always put your safety first.

If you feel the brother is excellent and you're unlikely to get such a good proposal again, then you may agree on the condition that you get your own separate quarters with lock and key.
        W.salaam

If he isn’t classed has my mahram then he wouldn’t be towards my future daughters either so that’s another concern. The brother isn’t willing to provide seperate accommodation.

Comment

Working...
        X