Marriage and Jinn Possession.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

OK then, I asked the question "should Adam have divorced Eve?" in a light-hearted manner.
    That is why I said that no answer was needed.

rahma gives us refs. above that refers to a hadith about this subject .. did you read them?

Does "who was to blame" make any difference to my point?
    Let's say that they are both to blame [which in fact they are .. in fact Adam has more blame as he is responsible for his wife],
    the fact remains that if he divorced Eve FOR ANY REASON, he ends up with "no queen".

i.e. loses half of his deen

I'm sorry if anybody finds this type of conversation disrespectful in any way .. I certainly don't.
    I find it enlightening.
    It is not intended as a criticism of prophets and their wives.
    Some people consider Islam to be "black & white" .. some issues surely are, but others are not.

As Allah SWT says in Qur'an .. some things are clear and others allegorical.
    There are also 1000's of hadith. Yes, we try to classify them as 'sound', 'weak' etc, but they are still not as reliable as Qur'an.
    i.e. not black & white
    There are some things you don't joke about or as you have called it "talk about in a light hearted manner".

You said in post no #115 that "she led him astray" and I just asked where you got that from.

Then post #118 you say nevertheless "if it was Eve" OK, there is a slight twist to what you originally said.

I did not mention blame anywhere. You infact mention it in this post that I have quoted.

My original reply was nothing to do with blame either, just asked you for reference but you went off tangent and going on about blame.

From your replies to me and I have seen your other posts/replies across the forum you do go off topic and avoid the question being asked to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rahma. View Post

There is/has been discussions on this:

https://abuaminaelias.com/meat-would...d-her-husband/

I read another say the Hadith about Hawwa (as) doesn't mention tree so it's not about that incident. (I refrain from linking it as I don't know who owns the site or what it's about.)

Allah knows best.
      I understand you are only trying to be helpful but you do not know how much me or any of the users you quoted know/have researched/learnt from qualified islamic teachers about the topic. InshaAllah your post will benefit users of this forum.

The point of me asking him for reference was obvious, to see where he actually got his information from and he failed to provide it.

There is something not quite right about what he says most of the time and he has again proved he twists what he says and goes off topic and avoids what is being asked.

Comment

• can I ask what kind of mistakes they made? Was it obvious at the time or something well hidden from people and the community as a whole

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

can I ask what kind of mistakes they made? Was it obvious at the time or something well hidden from people and the community as a whole

The guy was a pretty patient person with the woman for about 1.5 years. Eventually the decisions/secrets that she made without his input or that she hid from him started breaking down his patience bit by bit and mentally affected him and he just ended up becoming bitter. In the bitterness he became short tempered to people sometimes outside at work and also emotionally abusive at times with her even if she tried to do things differently and change. He became further away from religion over time ie stopped praying. Took him a year to remove the short temperedness/emotionally abusive side of him from his system and slowly regain his faith. He acknowledged them as his own mistakes afterwards even if she did mistreat him, from his eyes he shouldn't have become like that and noone forced him to be emotionally abusive

Wasn't obvious to people. Some people are good at hiding their pain or problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

I understand you are only trying to be helpful but you do not know how much me or any of the users you quoted know/have researched/learnt from qualified islamic teachers about the topic. InshaAllah your post will benefit users of this forum.

The point of me asking him for reference was obvious, to see where he actually got his information from and he failed to provide it.

There is something not quite right about what he says most of the time and he has again proved he twists what he says and goes off topic and avoids what is being asked.

Yes sis, that's ok, (you don't have to answer to me why you asked). I just posted it for information purpose and thought the users might be interested in the discussion on it in case they've not come across it before, (as I hadn't for some time) though I'm aware members have come across more material and knowledge than I have, ma sha Allah. (The bit in brackets was about myself and what I have come to realise personally.) :)

Comment

• I dont want to say and anyway it wouldnt benefit you in anyway trust me

what i have said in the past in regards to what to do is the advice 
              Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 09-09-19, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Fair enough that's fine.

Do you mean in the past on this thread or another? If it this thread, I'll just scroll back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medic View Post

Fair enough that's fine.

Do you mean in the past on this thread or another? If it this thread, I'll just scroll back.
                  Both

Comment

• Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                    From your replies to me and I have seen your other posts/replies across the forum you do go off topic and avoid the question being asked to you..
                    Sorry .. can you forgive an old man? :crushed:

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                    There is something not quite right about what he says most of the time..
                    You are not the only one to think so..
                    We all have preconceived ideas, including me.
                    My daughters are 'Alima's and went to a Hanafi Madrasah .. Alhamdulillah
                    I am not "hanafi" though
                    Last edited by isa_muhammad; 09-09-19, 08:29 PM.
                    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

• Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Not really..

"If all the trees were pens, and all the oceans ink , and seven more besides, the words of your Lord would not be exhausted"

In other words, the Qur'an is a "mere drop in the ocean". It does not explain everything in detail.
                      ..of course, it is enough for us .. we can differentiate between truth and falsehood.

However, just because an account does not give the full story does NOT mean that some Biblical narrations are wrong.
                      Eve might have been seduced by satan and then Adam was convinced by her to sin .. or maybe not.

In any case, that is not what I was getting at.
                      The main point of my post was to show that Adam had no choice to marry this person or that. How many women were alive at this time?
                      He had to be content with what he had. Alhamdulillah!

..and yes .. I'm aware we are living in the 21st century.
                      I'm aware of the pitfalls of taking on the responsibility of marriage.
                      Naturally, it is important that we marry a suitable person. It is ALSO important, that we
                      don't think too highly of ourselves, accusing our partners of being "bad"

Comment

• I can understand why some peeps would say no

Comment

Working...
                        X