Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we were created in pairs, why are some people alone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we were created in pairs, why are some people alone?

I was feeling lonely in my heart so I opened the Quran at a random page and immediately saw this ayah :

[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

It warmed my heart.. but why are some people like me still alone?

Omg sis or bro. I needed to see this thread, for some reason this was going through my mind. Looking forward to the discussion

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Do I have a different understanding of the verse? Are you guys taking it literal or metaphorical? I understand it as every being, like human beings are created in pairs ie female and male, doesn't mean every human being has to have a pair. Lol how do you even explain polygamy? It sounds good in my head, I don't know if I'm explaining it well. Allah knows best.
      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

May Allah bestow us with spouses and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the pious. Ameen.
        '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
          Do I have a different understanding of the verse? Are you guys taking it literal or metaphorical? I understand it as every being, like human beings are created in pairs ie female and male, doesn't mean every human being has to have a pair. Lol how do you even explain polygamy? It sounds good in my head, I don't know if I'm explaining it well. Allah knows best.
          وَخَلَقْنَاكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا
          يعني : ذكرا وأنثى ، يستمتع كل منهما بالآخر ، ويحصل التناسل بذلك ، كقوله
          ومن آياته أن خلق لكم من أنفسكم أزواجا لتسكنوا إليها وجعل بينكم مودة ورحمة
          ¬*[ الروم : 21 ]
          ٍAccording to the tafsir of Ibn Kathir it means that Allah created us in pairs; males & females. They find enjoyment with each others company and that make reproduction possible.¬*Allah says: "And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought." (30:21)
          ____

¬*

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

ٍAccording to the tafsir of Ibn Kathir it means that Allah created us in pairs; males & females. They find enjoyment with each others company and that make reproduction possible.¬*Allah says: "And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought." (30:21)
            ____

¬*
            With that in mind, not all of us will manage to have someone to love. I pray for those who strive to Allah but will end up alone..may they meet the greatest companion we could ever have, our Creator.
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

SubhanAllah
              He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Originally posted by littlemuslim View Post
                I was feeling lonely in my heart so I opened the Quran at a random page and immediately saw this ayah :

[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

It warmed my heart.. but why are some people like me still alone?
                The Ayah doesn't say you can't be lonely or have trouble finding a spouse, you've misunderstood the Ayah. Your argument is like someone asking why he's having a hard time finding a job, since he's got to look after his wife and family financially. This is a misunderstanding of the Ayah itself.

Surah Ash-Shura 42:11

فَاطِرُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالۡاَرۡضِ ؕ جَعَلَ لَكُمۡ مِّنۡ اَنۡفُسِكُمۡ اَزۡوَاجًا وَّمِنَ الۡاَنۡعَامِ اَزۡوَاجًا ۚ یَذۡرَؤُكُمۡ فِیۡهِ ؕ لَیۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهٖ شَیۡءٌ ۚ وَهُوَ السَّمِیۡعُ الۡبَصِیۡرُ

The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates from yourselves, and for the cattle (also) mates. By this means He creates you (in the wombs). There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.

جزاك الله خيرا
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I wonder about it too

I recently watched a video about Adam alihisalam and it made me think about this even more

Both Hawa and Adam alihisalam searched for one another on Earth after they were no longer allowed to remain in heaven

Adam alihisalam was lonely so when he saw Hawa he asked her who she is and she said Allah made her for him so that she can be a source of tranquility¬*

It makes one sad to think, why is it that some will never be blessed with a good spouse.¬*

Some people are married but still lonely because their spouse has shortcomings.¬*

Marriage seems like a big part of being Muslim
                  We're the children of Adam, we are bound to feel like something is missing in life at some point.

I don't know why if Allah had made us in pairs then why is it that some of us will never find our pair? Lol

I don't get it

¬*
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

If the opposite gender is supposed to be a source of peace to is then why is it the complete opposite majority of the time

It's usually the spouse or marriage that brings so many trials and heart ache.

But Adam found Hawa and they had love between one another

So did our nabi pbuh

He had love so why is that it seems impossible nowadays and people put others down by saying no there is no such thing as love

¬¬*I do believe love exists¬*

it's not a fantasy and marriage is not a business contract like I used to believe and be confused about
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Sorry about typos

¬*

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

____

¬*
                        Jazakillahu khayr

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          Sorry about typos

¬*
                          iirc hawa said to adam alayhi salaam i was made from your rib...

when they were sent down to earth he went looking for her

if you live with someone 24/7 there will be clashes

even Muhammed صلي الله عليه وسلم had disagreements with wives even aisha

infact he talaqd hafsa once but took her back

but theres a difference between disagreements argumentd and someone who is a lousy spouse who abuses you

Comment

..It's usually the spouse or marriage that brings so many trials and heart ache.
                            Not really .. it may seem that way at times.

shaytan is the enemy .. if we let "him" wreck our marriages, then he has wrecked the whole ummah!

Alhamdullilah, the stoning of shaytan in Haj helps, inshAllah

The Prophet Muhammad said that 2 things would destroy the Ummah .. money and women

Now .. this is not because they are evil in themselves .. they certainly are not .. they are a blessing.
                            It is our own greed that is the problem.
                            He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

I wonder about it too

I recently watched a video about Adam alihisalam and it made me think about this even more

Both Hawa and Adam alihisalam searched for one another on Earth after they were no longer allowed to remain in heaven

Adam alihisalam was lonely so when he saw Hawa he asked her who she is and she said Allah made her for him so that she can be a source of tranquility¬*

It makes one sad to think, why is it that some will never be blessed with a good spouse.¬*

Some people are married but still lonely because their spouse has shortcomings.¬*

Marriage seems like a big part of being Muslim
                              We're the children of Adam, we are bound to feel like something is missing in life at some point.

I don't know why if Allah had made us in pairs then why is it that some of us will never find our pair? Lol

I don't get it

¬*
                              Part of the test? I guess.¬* Ohh and for the other post true love exists.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Working...
                              X