Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorces said in ‘anger’

Assalamu alaykum

There’s been a recent phenomena happening whereby a brother, a practising one at that will divorce his wife but later on retract the divorce by stating that he was ‘angry’. He may do this a number of times & in a distressing case that I heard, there’s been a situation where a brother has done this eleven times wa allahul mustaa’aan.

The subject of divorce is a sensitive one & in addition, there’s also scholarly dispute with regard to divorces said in anger. In general, there is scholarly consensus that in the usual type of anger, divorce counts but in the anger whereby one can be temporally considered to be insane, then such a divorce would be considered invalid. The dispute is in relation to a type of anger which falls between the two categories where the anger was beyond the usual anger but not as far that the person could be considered to have lost his mind. The majority of scholars say that divorce during this state does indeed count but there’s an alternative view where ibn Taymiyyah & Ibn Qayyim have stated that divorce in this state does not count. There are many scholars who have also adopted this view but it is a minority view.

Regardless, the issue of divorce needs to be resolved by going to a shariah court & having a qualified judge listening to both sides of the story.

Sisters, if you have heard your husband say the word divorce then do not take this matter lightly & seek to get the matter clarified. This will make your husband take the rulings of Allah more seriously and will save you a lot of heartache in future.

Brothers, Allah has given you the right to divorce so please for the sake of Allah, do not loosely say the words of divorce every time you have a dispute with your wife. This is not a joke! Divorce is not child’s play and you should control your tongue lest you destroy your family.

Its not sufficient to google a few fatwas and then deem yourselves to still be married if you’ve divorced your wife three times or more. You MUST go to a court and get clarification! There’s a Hadith about people towards the end of times making zina halal, so stop and ponder upon wether this refers to people who are continuing to live in a marriage which is actually invalid in the sight of Allah.

We do not want to displease Allah in this matter.

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

There’s been a recent phenomena happening whereby a brother, a practising one at that will divorce his wife but later on retract the divorce by stating that he was ‘angry’. He may do this a number of times & in a distressing case that I heard, there’s been a situation where a brother has done this eleven times wa allahul mustaa’aan...
    Yes .. we are human. Ladies can also say hurtful things when angry.
    The Prophet SAW told us to control our anger .. easier said than done in times of stress.

One thing to note is that a woman may seek divorce from her husband at any time. If she feels that her husband is becoming overbearing or is unhappy with him, she should approach her family about it.
    Unfortunately, some families will not listen to ladies who consider asking for a divorce, so she might need to approach the community instead.

..but of course, divorce should be the last resort. It is not recommended
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Yes .. we are human. Ladies can also say hurtful things when angry.
      The Prophet SAW told us to control our anger .. easier said than done in times of stress.

One thing to note is that a woman may seek divorce from her husband at any time. If she feels that her husband is becoming overbearing or is unhappy with him, she should approach her family about it.
      Unfortunately, some families will not listen to ladies who consider asking for a divorce, so she might need to approach the community instead.

..but of course, divorce should be the last resort. It is not recommended
      Ladies can also say hurtful things whilst angry I agree but throwing around the words of divorce is really dangerous & has resulted in many many breakups of marriages. The Hanafi madhab is quite strict when it comes to divorce and even with the threefold divorce & ive seen families break up due to the looseness of the tongue. Itís sad.¬†

Comment

..The Hanafi madhab is quite strict when it comes to divorce and even with the threefold divorce & ive seen families break up due to the looseness of the tongue. Itís sad.¬*
        Shaytan is our enemy. If we let him win, then what is the benefit for us?
        If a husband pronounces divorce, it is bound to make a lady feel insecure.

However, if we can't forgive our husband, there must be something fundamentally wrong.
        Stress is the most usual reason for divorce. Anger and threats is a symptom.
        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Shaytan is our enemy. If we let him win, then what is the benefit for us?
          If a husband pronounces divorce, it is bound to make a lady feel insecure.

However, if we can't forgive our husband, there must be something fundamentally wrong.
          Stress is the most usual reason for divorce. Anger and threats is a symptom.
          But brother itís not about forgiving the husband! Ultimately, if heís pronounced the divorces and it takes place then it takes place! He could be the best husband in the world but if heís pronounced divorces over 3 times then in many situations thereís no room for forgiveness as whatís been done has been done.¬†

Comment

But brother itís not about forgiving the husband! Ultimately, if heís pronounced the divorces and it takes place then it takes place! He could be the best husband in the world but if heís pronounced divorces over 3 times then in many situations thereís no room for forgiveness as whatís been done has been done.¬*

¬*
            Well, of course.
            Without witnesses, however, it is just rhetoric between husband and wife.

Don't take me wrong .. I quite agree with you that it is very serious. That is why the Prophet SAW told us not to become angry. It is the works of satan.
            Last edited by isa_muhammad; 16-08-19, 09:11 AM.

Comment

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/interna...ple-talaq-case

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Well, of course.

Don't take me wrong .. I quite agree with you that it is very serious. That is why the Prophet SAW told us not to become angry. It is the works of satan.
                You say lots of words but they don't mean anything.

Comment

no way!!

Comment

Well, of course.

Without witnesses itís not just rhetoric between husband & wife as both parties need to fear Allah and itís not a condition for divorce that witnesses must be present. Itís preferred yes, but a divorce without witnesses will not be void¬†

Comment

no way!!
                      Triple talaq can be punished with triple years of imprisonment in India

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Without witnesses itís not just rhetoric between husband & wife as both parties need to fear Allah and itís not a condition for divorce that witnesses must be present. Itís preferred yes, but a divorce without witnesses will not be void¬*
                        I'm sorry?
                        How can a divorce be valid without witnesses, but not a marriage?

..Islam is the truth .. let's not make "truth" look irrational

Comment

I'm sorry?
                          How can a divorce be valid without witnesses, but not a marriage?

..Islam is the truth .. let's not make "truth" look irrational
                          Itís not about being irrational the scholars have agreed that it is not a requirement to have witnesses for a divorce to take place, Iím quite surprised that you think otherwise...

A marriage also requires a wali & a mahr in addition to the witnesses and we all know that this is not a requirement for a divorce 

Comment

Itís not about being irrational the scholars have agreed that it is not a requirement to have witnesses for a divorce to take place, Iím quite surprised that you think otherwise...

A marriage also requires a wali & a mahr in addition to the witnesses and we all know that this is not a requirement for a divorce¬*
                            "The scholars" .. hmm

_Fatihah_
                            5). إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ .. Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.

I am happy with my relationship with Allah SWT
                            I don't place my faith on "a hierachy of sheiks/bishops"

I was born and raised as Church of England. What is that exactly?
                            It is a church/sect that formed because the Christian Pope would not grant King Henry VIII a divorce
                            The Catholic faith does not allow divorce .. it is only allowed at the discretion of clergy.

In Islam, divorce is the most dislikeful allowable things, according to hadith..
                            It makes some sense. satan wishes to divide and rule. he loves war and divorce.

However, in Islam Allah has made it permissable. It is not like Catholicism or even Protestantism..
                            If a man or woman no longer wishes to live with their partner THEY DO NOT HAVE TO
                            Allah SWT in His wisdom has given us the details in Qur'an, including the iddat (periods of cooling off)

Comment

"The scholars" .. hmm

_Fatihah_
                              5). إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ .. Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.

I am happy with my relationship with Allah SWT
                              I don't place my faith on "a hierachy of sheiks/bishops"

I was born and raised as Church of England. What is that exactly?
                              It is a church/sect that formed because the Christian Pope would not grant King Henry VIII a divorce
                              The Catholic faith does not allow divorce .. it is only allowed at the discretion of clergy.

In Islam, divorce is the most dislikeful allowable things, according to hadith..
                              It makes some sense. satan wishes to divide and rule. he loves war and divorce.

However, in Islam Allah has made it permissable. It is not like Catholicism or even Protestantism..
                              If a man or woman no longer wishes to live with their partner THEY DO NOT HAVE TO
                              Allah SWT in His wisdom has given us the details in Qur'an, including the iddat (periods of cooling off)
                              I have no idea what youíre on about, Iíve not said anything at all which implies that divorce is not allowed. My post was about not requiring witnesses for a divorce to be valid & youve gone off on a bit of a tangent¬†

Comment

Working...
                              X