Prayed istikhara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayed istikhara

Assalamu alaikum. I like a guy and have been speaking to him for 2 months. MA he's on the deen and we are the same age. We have went on 5 dates with my mahram around.

Anyways I decided to pray istikhara. He did it too and we saw 2 completely different things. He had a postive feeling and started increasing his deen becuase I motivated him apparently.

Then there's me. I dreamt 3 dreams in a row of me being with someone else. The first 2 were different people and the last was with me and him then the last party changed to someone else. I want to leave him because of these dreams. I told him and he's so upset he's not eating or sleeping. I feel so bad. Please idk what to do. He wants us to stop speaking now and wait for him after I finish uni which is in 2 years. Then hell speak to me. Should I not?

My brother tells me that the dreams are from shaitan but I really don't know. I actually like him and he really likes me but if these signs are from Allah swt I will choose Allah.

Istikhara has very little, if anything at all, to do with dreams.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
      Istikhara has very little, if anything at all, to do with dreams.
      How does it work?

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam

There’s no saheeh evidence to suggest that the results of istikaarah can be determined via a dream. On the contrary, we are told that dreams are either from Allah, from Shaytaan or due to something we have been thinking about.

Istikaarah is more about the path becoming more easy, everything flowing smoothly with no barriers and no hindrances to the thing that you want.
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post

How does it work?
          If the decision is good for you, then the path to it becomes easier. But if it is bad for you, you find obstacles and difficulties when you try to go ahead with it.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5882...feel-anything?

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Only good dreams are from Allah, every other dream is from shaitan or your own conscious.

Istikhara doesn’t mean you will have a dream telling you what to do. It’s seeking guidance from Allah and he will make the path easier for you. Or if it’s not good for you he will remove it from your life.

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

It is great that you are performing istikhara before getting married. I have never been disappointed by it. I try to do it before making any decision (big or small). If you can't pray the whole salah, you can just read the dua. Not only does istikhara guide you towards an answer, it guides towards the best way to get what you want. It is awesome!

Just in case, I want to point out that just praying salatul istikhara isn't enough. The process of istikhara involves another thing - seeking advice from someone whose knowledge you trust in this matter. Also, asking questions. Here is a link with more details on the matter: https://www.seekersguidance.org/answ...king-guidance/

It seems, you already know this but I will state it anywway : If he gets a good sign from his istikhara, that means you are good for him. If you get a bad sign, that means he is bad for you. Your answers are for you, not for you guys as a group.

The reply of istikhara comes in multiple forms:
                - Dreams
                - If it is good for you, Allah will make it easy for you . If it is bad for you, Allah will make it hard for you.
                - Sometimes, you just get a feeling which tells you "I don't want to do this anymore" or "I want to continue on this path"

I would advise you to speak to someone whose knowledge you trust, regarding this matter. Maybe figure out what could be potential problems you would face in the future, etc. There is a list of 100 pre-marital questions you could ask him to find potential problem areas.

Good luck with your search for a husband. May Allah give you a spouse and children who will be a coolness to your eyes. Ameen

Comment

I decided to stop talking to him. Thank you all for your replies May Allah reward you all. MoazzamK really appreciate your reply because I got the feeling you were talking about

Comment

AOMS May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen. I would recomend praying salatul hajah to ask for help getting married. There are also duas that you can recite . Also, just making a heartfelt dua is good too .

Comment

Working...
                    X