Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hadith about women family advice not to invest money in marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadith about women family advice not to invest money in marriage.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah,

I have one question related to marriage.

I have experienced one problem in my life and seen other people in society faced same issue.

I know one Hadith about women family advice not to invest money in marriage by our beloved prophet Muhammad.

Father and family of girl invest money in girl's marriage, which is not asked by boy family.

They do it for their social respected, fulfil the wishes of girl and other reasons.

When marriage does not work in a few years, father of a girl goes into court and ask boy to pay marriage expense money plus extra money.

This issue I have seen in India. I heard Hadith about boy family allowed to invest money as per their budget on walima (marriage ceremony from boy family)

I want to know Hadith reference about women family advice not to invest money in marriage by our beloved prophet Muhammad.

Please help and advice.

Originally posted by zfk View Post

I have experienced one problem in my life and seen other people in society faced same issue.

I know one Hadith about women family advice not to invest money in marriage by our beloved prophet Muhammad.

Father and family of girl invest money in girl's marriage, which is not asked by boy family.

They do it for their social respected, fulfil the wishes of girl and other reasons.

When marriage does not work in a few years, father of a girl goes into court and ask boy to pay marriage expense money plus extra money.

This issue I have seen in India. I heard Hadith about boy family allowed to invest money as per their budget on walima (marriage ceremony from boy family)

I want to know Hadith reference about women family advice not to invest money in marriage by our beloved prophet Muhammad.

Please help and advice.
    wa alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullah

Can you quote the hadeeth? I haven't come across any such hadeeth and I came up with nothing after a search.

In any case, you should ask a scholar or personal of knowledge in your country (India) who is aware of the culture there and the customs related to marriage. Make sure he is trustworthy and adheres to the Sunnah.

In general, it is allowed for the bride's side to spend money on the walimah, or to purchase furniture for the marital home, etc., and those things she purchased would belong to the wife. And whatever the husband spends on furniture or appliances, etc., would belong to him. https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/9494/

In any case, the mahr must be paid by the husband to the wife, and it is not allowed for the wife to pay anything to the husband and call it a mahr or "dowry" - as it occurs in your country.

Comment

Many thanks brother for your reply.

I am working to get help from Islamic Scholar about money asked by people in court cases settlement is HALAL or HARAM MONEY.

People generally says interest money which we get from bank account from Fixed Deposit (FD) or Saving Account is HARAM MONEY.

Comment

Yes interest money is haram.  The Islamic tradition for weddings is that the bride's family don't have to pay any money at all for the wedding in fact a simple nikah in a mosque where guests are served dates and dried fruits; that is sufficient.  It is in fact the responsibility of the groom's side to pay for a walima meal and it's recommended to serve meat such as lamb for the occasion.  Also the groom is obliged to pay mahr.  The bride's side should not pay any dowry/jahez as that stems from unislamic traditions.  Sadly it is a cultural norm over there and brides families are placed under crippling financial pressure to spend too much.  The bride's family can give gifts to the grooms family if they want (like clothes or a watch for the groom) but should never feel pressured into it and that should not include large expensive items such as furniture or vehicles..

If the marriage ends in talaq then the wife is entitled to keep her mahr and to money for maintenance costs during her iddah.  Other than that, I think she is not entitled to money to recouperate her wedding costs.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by zfk View Post

Please help and advice.
          Can't make head or tail of what you are referring to, but this looks like a problem in Shirkistan,
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Assalamu alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barkatuhu,

Many thanks for valuable answers for social cause (issue) and time.

I had a discussion with Mufti and Islamic Scholar in my city. Also watched many video on YouTube.

They said we need to keep marriage as simple as possible and low in budget.

High investment in marriage will lead to financial losses if marriage does not work.

Financial losses force to follow the path of Saitan. Further financial loss in court cases and lawyer fees.

It is HARAM money and money of oppression from court case settlement.

I am against the people who ask money to women for marriage called as dowry. Women should reject such man or family invitation for marriage. The man should work hard and use power of brain to earn money instead asking HARAM money to women family members.

I hope this information will help to save unnecessary investments of money in marriages and court cases.

Allah Hafiz

Comment

Working...
            X