This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You have poor reading and comprehension skills.
    First of all, you butchered the narration by projecting your own narrative. Once you realise and admit that we can move on.

Comment

Abu 'Abdullaah what's the point
      Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

First of all, you butchered the narration by projecting your own narrative. Once you realise and admit that we can move on.
        So you have nothing? Just as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaZayd View Post

So you have nothing? Just as I thought.
          I tried to give you a chance but I must ban you now for your conduct in this thread and the multiple accounts.

2+2=troll

Comment

Originally posted by ThaZayd View Post

I never said the Prophet tried to force these men to marry a woman without their consent. Why are you trying to prove a ridiculous idea that was never said?

According to this Hadith, the Prophet took on the role of a matchmaker for this woman. He told her to come back to him after her iddah period. That's 3 whole months, a long time for a man appointed by God as her protector and Prophet. He told her after 3 months he would have some potentials for her. One of the potentials he presented her was a wife beater, the other was a pauper.

I mean if I had a female relative and asked the local imam to find some potentials for her and the Imam came back and said...

'Well... I've brought these two guys for your consideration. One of them is a known wife beater but the other guy is broke. I suggest you go with the broke guy because the wife beater is the worse option. Why? Are these are the only two possible choices in the whole of the ummah?'

I'm pretty sure most people would give the Imam a slap but here we have a Hadith suggesting that's exactly what the Prophet did. Out of his whole ummah full of men who can have up to 4 wives each he could only come back to her with a wife beater and a pauper.

If this is your idea of a Hadith that should be stickied then what can I say. Go for it.
            I guess you missed the main point of the Hadith which said that the third proposal was from Usamah Ibn Zayd & Fatima married him and was envied 
            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

For the record..

22-35 % of women who visit emergency departments in the USA are there for symptoms related to on-going abuse.

(Randall, T., 1992, "Domestic Violence Intervention Calls for More than Treating Injuries," Journal of the American Medical Association 264[8]: p. 939)

In the United States, 9 out of 10 women murdered are killed by men, half at the hands of a male partner.

("Crime in the United States: Uniform Crime Reports 1986," 1987, Washington, D.C.: Federal Bureau of Investigation)

https://www.ncjrs.gov/ovc_archives/n...Kd5LNq_2NxIZjI
              Muslims Search Engine !
              And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Originally posted by Be Muslims View Post
                For the record..

22-35 % of women who visit emergency departments in the USA are there for symptoms related to on-going abuse.

(Randall, T., 1992, "Domestic Violence Intervention Calls for More than Treating Injuries," Journal of the American Medical Association 264[8]: p. 939)

In the United States, 9 out of 10 women murdered are killed by men, half at the hands of a male partner.

("Crime in the United States: Uniform Crime Reports 1986," 1987, Washington, D.C.: Federal Bureau of Investigation)

https://www.ncjrs.gov/ovc_archives/n...Kd5LNq_2NxIZjI
                I also want to add to clarify that, some Islamic jurists would rule that a man who abused his wife would get a legal punishment, similar to the ones police give for domestic violence crimes:

Ibn Ashur also went so far as to say,
                It is lawful for the authorities, when they know that spouses will not be able to implement the legislated reprimands appropriately, or if they will not stop from overstepping their limits, then the authorities can stop them from implementing such reprimands and announce that anyone who hits his wife will be liable to punishment, in order to avert the escalation of harm between spouses, particularly in times of weak personal restraint.[43]

"The classical commentator al-Qurtubi (d. 671 H) actually stated that a man’s authority in the family is contingent on his role as the breadwinner, and when he is unable to financially provide for her, he is no longer considered to have such authority (qawamiyyah) over his wife."

"Moreover, it was explicitly written in jurisprudential manuals, like that of the Maliki jurist al-Dasuqi (d. 1230 H), that if a woman complained to a judge of being harmed by her husband’s insults, abandonment, or physical hitting, then the judge could order that the husband himself be physically beaten in retribution."

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/nazir-kh.../#.XheSSsj7TIU

Sources for the above quotes are in this link ^

ThaZayd
                Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 10-01-20, 01:20 PM.
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

(Eh ... ?)^

Comment

Working...
                  X