This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matchmakers?

Any matchmakers on here or does anyone know any?

Don’t think my way is working

The struggle is real. Try marriage websites better yet just approach your Imam, he can help. They can make an announcement during jum'aa prayers.
    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
      Try marriage websites
      Possibly the worst advice one can give.

Comment

Best way is to let your female family members/friends know that you're available.

There are plenty of brothers looking, so if they see you as a good match for someone, they can bring you up to him, etc.

When it comes to this, a person can't just sit in his/her room and not talk to his family/friends about it. Sometimes we in the West are too timid and have low self-esteem. Doesn't work with marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
          Best way is to let your female family members/friends know that you're available.

There are plenty of brothers looking, so if they see you as a good match for someone, they can bring you up to him, etc.

When it comes to this, a person can't just sit in his/her room and not talk to his family/friends about it. Sometimes we in the West are too timid and have low self-esteem. Doesn't work with marriage.
          What if your family doesnít want to look for you or they donít know anyone. What then? There has to be another way.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimsister91 View Post
            Any matchmakers on here or does anyone know any?

Don’t think my way is working
            What was your way may I ask?

I have tried online, it can work for some people. But I havenít had any luck. I would say itís better if you have support from your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

What if your family doesnít want to look for you or they donít know anyone. What then? There has to be another way.
              Well, I mentioned female family members, and that excludes the father and sometimes the mother in a lot of cases.

Parents and children, from what I've seen, don't usually see eye to eye when picking a spouse for themselves. The parents will want to choose someone who suits their own interests.

Point is, sometimes it's better that the family, especially parents, don't get involved.

So a sister asking her married family members and friends she closely relates to is the best way, in my opinion. They can ask their spouses and they may know someone. Same goes for brothers.

Comment

Well, I mentioned female family members, and that excludes the father and sometimes the mother in a lot of cases.

Parents and children, from what I've seen, don't usually see eye to eye when picking a spouse for themselves. The parents will want to choose someone who suits their own interests.

Point is, sometimes it's better that the family, especially parents, don't get involved.

So a sister asking her married family members and friends she closely relates to is the best way, in my opinion. They can ask their spouses and they may know someone. Same goes for brothers.
                Not everyone has family they can ask, and with people who are married itís always the same answer they donít know anyone. Thatís why majority of people go online now. And even asking around people tell me to go online. No one is investing time in helping people anymore.

Comment

Exactly.

¬*

Comment

ask family and friends

online is long full of people that mess about or waste time or are unreliable and cant find backround history about them where as with family and friends who know people it may be the opposite

Comment

Working...
                    X