Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When would you consider a revert sister?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When would you consider a revert sister?

Assalamu 'alaikum,

In what circumstances would you consider marrying a revert sister? For example, you're attracted physically to one and you have a great conection. She'd only been a Muslim for 8 months (previously an atheist) and still had a lot to learn. Would you marry her in a heartbeat provided that she has the desire to learn more about Islam?
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

(wa'alaikumussalaam warahmatullah. Something tells me you may need to take cover for this one, as tends to happen with your marriage related posts... :p)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Bro you can have a bigger documentary than ali dawah
      i dunno how many years u been searching now

Comment

I know physical attraction is big for men but if thats the only thing about her that you like since your characters dont go together then that wont last. Beauty fades
        Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

8 months is very little time for a person to be practising, imho. So many reverts (and other Muslims in general) have periods of intense interest and fervour for the deen, but when things tend to become difficult or the initial feelings of expansion inside gives way to something else (to spur us on to make changes we haven't made) it results sometimes, as we all know, in turning back completely.

Can't help thinking it's quite a big risk to take.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
          -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

I think people ovethink too much these days that is the reason we are in this state with many people unmarried and exposed to fitnah, at the time of the Prophet SAW people would convert and marrying them right after converting, even the Prophet SAW married a daughter of the tribe leader of bani mustaliq right after she accepted islam, so I do think people overthink too much as if we are going to live forever and everyone is perfect

would also like to add its easier/safer to marry a revert sister as the husband has authority over his wife and will be able to guide her etc as opposed to a sister marrying a newly muslim brother, even though these are both purely halal and both halal for eachother just stating my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGVfzLwQ-4&t=1m50s

Last edited by Bayna3; 07-07-19, 09:07 PM.

Comment

If there's compatibility (and I don't just mean physical attraction here) and you're both on deen, then I don't see why not.¬* It partly depends how far she's got in the past 8 months.¬* Is she already praying, covering and practising and making an effort towards learning and improving on that?¬* Also pay attention to how close she is to her family, how they've reacted to the conversion and how that impacts her behaviour.¬* Our families influence our behaviour even if we don't live with them so that does matter.

Converts are not all the same and can vary from person to person.¬* Some people immerse themselves in the deen so much that their own family can't believe this is the same person they once knew.¬* Some people just recite shahada once, stop consuming alcohol and pork but other than that, change very little about the way they live.¬* Some people want to be more deeni but are so afraid of confrontation that when hostile non Muslim relatives push them into attending non Muslim parties for Xmas, weddings, christenings etc, they start compromising and feel that they can't say no and are too afraid of offending their loved ones to stand firm on what matters and if you're a part of that relationship, then you'd have to handle that dilemma very very carefully.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post
                I know physical attraction is big for men but if thats the only thing about her that you like since your characters dont go together then that wont last. Beauty fades
                I said we have a great connection. I didn't say anything about characters not going together..¬*
                I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

What does "connection" mean?

I don't get how anyone can determine a "connection" based on a few formal meetings.

Comment

I would also like to know how you meet these potentials as I might be looking soon so would be nice to know where to look!

Comment

I'd consider a revert sister but I'm not sure I'd consider someone that makes consistently stupid marriage threads
                      What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        I'd consider a revert sister but I'm not sure I'd consider someone that makes consistently stupid marriage threads
                        How is this one stupid?¬*

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                          What does "connection" mean?

I don't get how anyone can determine a "connection" based on a few formal meetings.

Like we have many similarities in worldview, principles, etc. Like we can finish each other's sentences or something.¬*

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

How is this one stupid?¬*
                            You created it so it's bound to be stupid.

Comment

Working...
                            X