Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to talk to two different families?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Kya View Post
    You should not have face to face meeting with more than one prospect at times but if you are talking about background search/pre meeting stuff then its ok. I know islamically we should only entertain one prospect at a time so not to cloud our judgment.
    Last edited by Janna90; 18-06-19, 02:56 AM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

      Even if you decide to get to know a sister on a matrimonial website, there are ways to make it halal. There is no excuse, is what I'm trying to say.
      Last edited by Janna90; 18-06-19, 02:56 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

        I haven't tried it before so i can't really judge but..

        First of all, most of the people who use online matrimonials, they use it secretly without their parents' consent and supervision.

        Most of them talk to more than one potential at the same time. It's not fair at all.

        meeting someone online would definitely ask to see how you look like so you will have to send them pictures which is not safe at all. ( unless that person you really trust!)

        avoiding awkward situations like the one mentioned above.
        The first two reasons you mentioned are def. big reasons to avoid it actually.

        However, in the West, a lot of the time if the sister is practicing and the family is not, she has no other way to find someone. Or if she's a revert with no wali. Or if her parents won't help her get married in general, or if they're trying to marry her to her cousin or some guy from back home which she doesn't want.

        From what I saw, in Egypt (and other Muslim countries) it's fairly easy to find someone for men and women. It's expensive and there may be a lot of shuroot, but finding a potential is quite easy from what I saw.

        Comment


        • #49
          There is none. Rasulullah(sa) considered and proposed Sawdah(ra) and Ayesha(ra) simultaneously.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by savo234 View Post

            There is none. Rasulullah(sa) considered and proposed Sawdah(ra) and Ayesha(ra) simultaneously.
            Iirc he married Sawdah and later married Aisha

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

              Don't talk to a sister, who doesn't get her wali involved.

              Sister Mintchocchip is right, and my post was pretty similar to hers, but it wouldn't go through.

              The wali is important.
              This is true in general.

              But like I said before girls in the West are often left to fend for themselves. Their parents won't help them get married. If they are asked to make a profile for her online and manage it for her, they will disagree. It's not part of their goals for her. Their main focus is for her to finish her college and establish herself in a career. If she falls short or wants to "distract herself" with marriage, they become very worried and upset.

              So some of these sisters in the West (usually 21-25) want to get married and no one is helping them. Either that, or their parents aren't on the same page in terms of what to look for in a potential.

              I think some matrimonial sites have some measures in place to protect women, which is good. But she should get her wali involved ASAP. If she doesn't, and they continue talking for months on end, then that's a bad sign.

              So, in short terms, the environment in the West and the differences between parents and daughter or parents and son make it difficult for a guy to go to a wali and ask for his daughter like old times. Not to mention, most of us in the US can't find a suitable potential in our city or state. We need to expand our search area to other states or even countries.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

                This is true in general.

                But like I said before girls in the West are often left to fend for themselves. Their parents won't help them get married. If they are asked to make a profile for her online and manage it for her, they will disagree. It's not part of their goals for her. Their main focus is for her to finish her college and establish herself in a career. If she falls short or wants to "distract herself" with marriage, they become very worried and upset.

                So some of these sisters in the West (usually 21-25) want to get married and no one is helping them. Either that, or their parents aren't on the same page in terms of what to look for in a potential.

                I think some matrimonial sites have some measures in place to protect women, which is good. But she should get her wali involved ASAP. If she doesn't, and they continue talking for months on end, then that's a bad sign.

                So, in short terms, the environment in the West and the differences between parents and daughter or parents and son make it difficult for a guy to go to a wali and ask for his daughter like old times. Not to mention, most of us in the US can't find a suitable potential in our city or state. We need to expand our search area to other states or even countries.
                .
                Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 18-06-19, 03:31 AM.

                Comment


                • #53

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                    Iirc he married Sawdah and later married Aisha
                    Yeah but consideration and proposal was at the same time.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I was talking in general, but let's say the sister doesn't have a wali. What do you suggest she does?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        If sisters were more open to marrying a brother a bit younger than them, life would be a lot better.

                        Comment


                        • #57


                          Who is this older sister you want son? Maybe we can help.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post



                            Who is this older sister you want son? Maybe we can help.


                            No one in particular 

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Sure, son. Sure.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I can see a lot of brothers and sisters want to get married. If the local masjid can facilitate Something like that, it would be better than using online matrimonials. Unless you want to marry someone from a different country lol. Just saying

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X