Ban the use of terms like “brothers” and “sisters” in the marriage section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban the use of terms like “brothers” and “sisters” in the marriage section

It is just very strange to read. I realise, you mean brother/sister in faith, but even so, let us not.Â*

Save it for WhatsApp, brother. Save it for WhatsApp.

• Bayna3
    replied
    I dislike the term aswell especially when its used in the context '' I really like the Bruvvaaa, but my parents won't let me marry the Bruvvaaa'' okay sister

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Morose View Post

No, because when brothers and sisters wish to speak in plurals, they’ll end up saying fratellos and sorellas like they do with Arabic, and I do not want them ruining it for me. English speakers truly are the worst - they have no respect for their own language, so what can we expect from them concerning foreign languages?Â*
    Tu sei un grande troll, fratello.Â*

Mi dispiace.Â*

-_-Â*

Â*

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

No they don’t. If they do, it is due to another reason. Calling a brother a brother could in fact convince the sister that the brother is her brother, and thus the sister becomes so much at ease with the brother that the sister forgets he’s a brother, brother.

I understand your point brother but honestly I don’t think you are able to prove it.Â*
    Â*
    Highly unlikely what your saying

I cant proove what i say but it happens

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Its respectful.

Although in the context of marriage it may weird some people out.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    It is just very strange to read. I realise, you mean brother/sister in faith, but even so, let us not.Â*

Save it for WhatsApp, brother. Save it for WhatsApp.
    Akhi if you don't want to use those terms then fine but don't ask for a ban. There are brothers and sisters who prefer to use those terms and there really is no harm.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    Hmm.Â*

Fratello and Sorella sound better.Â*

Â*
    No, because when brothers and sisters wish to speak in plurals, they’ll end up saying fratellos and sorellas like they do with Arabic, and I do not want them ruining it for me. English speakers truly are the worst - they have no respect for their own language, so what can we expect from them concerning foreign languages?Â*

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    I think the terms should be used on the forum
    otherwise people become too comfortable and relaxed
    No they don’t. If they do, it is due to another reason. Calling a brother a brother could in fact convince the sister that the brother is her brother, and thus the sister becomes so much at ease with the brother that the sister forgets he’s a brother, brother.

I understand your point brother but honestly I don’t think you are able to prove it.Â*
    Â*

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Hmm.Â*

Fratello and Sorella sound better.Â*

Â*

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    I think the terms should be used on the forum
    otherwise people become too comfortable and relaxed

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    It could be worse, it could be bro n sisÂ*

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
    If you're considering a potential you don't want to be put in the "brother zone"

Lol.
    Lol brother, you make a good point. If you like a sister and she thinks of you as a brother, the sister is unlikely to marry you.Â*

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    If you're considering a potential you don't want to be put in the "brother zone"

Lol.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied

Last edited by notEVOLVED; 10-06-19, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Are you serious? I think it's respectful ..

Btw it's also something we do in the somali culture..we say "walaal", and it means brother/sister..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X