Ban the use of terms like “brothers” and “sisters” in the marriage section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban the use of terms like “brothers” and “sisters” in the marriage section

It is just very strange to read. I realise, you mean brother/sister in faith, but even so, let us not.Â*

Save it for WhatsApp, brother. Save it for WhatsApp.

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    It is just very strange to read. I realise, you mean brother/sister in faith, but even so, let us not.Â*

Save it for WhatsApp, brother. Save it for WhatsApp.
    There is a controversial scholar who hates the use of "brother" and "sister" in the Muslim community and thinks those words should be kept exclusively for your actual siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

There is a controversial scholar who hates the use of "brother" and "sister" in the Muslim community and thinks those words should be kept exclusively for your actual siblings.
      But its said in the quran itself that the believers are brothers of one another
      Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

But its said in the quran itself that the believers are brothers of one another
        Sister, that does not mean we absolutely have to addres and refer to one another in those terms, sister.

Sister, when speaking to your husband, do you call him brother? Even though he is your brother in faith, sister? No sister, I do not think you do sister. Or sister, if you do sister, then you are a strange sister, sister.
        So you see sister, it is not necessary to constantly refer to one another as brother and sister in every situation, is it sister?
        Last edited by Morose; 10-06-19, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

Brother, I am not sure of the scholar you speak of, but I must say I agree with the brother. I don’t like this brother/sister business. I especially hate it when they say “dear brother”, haha.

Comment

I’ve noticed that this is not a greater propensity of either bothers or sisters, but a habit equally shared by both brothers and sisters.

Comment

Wut

Comment

Lol, I know an Indian family where the wife calls her husband with the suffix 'bhai' after his name.

Comment

I agree brother

Comment

Are you serious? I think it's respectful ..

Btw it's also something we do in the somali culture..we say "walaal", and it means brother/sister..

Comment

Last edited by notEVOLVED; 10-06-19, 06:42 PM.

Comment

If you're considering a potential you don't want to be put in the "brother zone"

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                          If you're considering a potential you don't want to be put in the "brother zone"

Lol.
                          Lol brother, you make a good point. If you like a sister and she thinks of you as a brother, the sister is unlikely to marry you.Â*

Comment

It could be worse, it could be bro n sisÂ*
                            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

I think the terms should be used on the forum
                              otherwise people become too comfortable and relaxed

Comment

Working...
                              X