X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Have you asked any out-of-the-box questions?
    Is there any point when

Women just lurve bad boys. :]

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    If i had a daughter no i wouldnt

if someone reverts yes their sins are forgiven and we dont judge them but sins and habits can leave marks on a person and sometimes they are hard to get rid of

if someone has been a repeat offender wouldnt especially if he still has some of his old lifestyle with him i wouldnt give my daughter if i had one

be patient dont compromise on things like this get someone whos practising fully and has been for a while
    consistency and reliability is important
    She also mentioned he hasn't completely given up his old ways... And with so many convictions... You'd think he'd still have a target on his back from people from his past.

If he had been solidly practicing, completely changed for 5-6 years, etc, with a job, then that might be something a little different, but still, as a hypothetical father, I'd be reluctant.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Erm I did ask some quite judgemental questions....

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    The question from the OP to brothers was if we had a daughter would we marry her to him.

Honestly, no.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    If i had a daughter no i wouldnt

if someone reverts yes their sins are forgiven and we dont judge them but sins and habits can leave marks on a person and sometimes they are hard to get rid of

if someone has been a repeat offender wouldnt especially if he still has some of his old lifestyle with him i wouldnt give my daughter if i had one

be patient dont compromise on things like this get someone whos practising fully and has been for a while
    consistency and reliability is important

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Do not marry him unless he changes. Willing is not enough. Be careful sis.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Interesting.
    Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Farah. A
    replied
    Do not marry him unless he changes. Willing is not enough. Be careful sis.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    started a topic Would you marry an ex gangsta revert?

Would you marry an ex gangsta revert?

Assalamu alaykum

apologies for the thread title. Sooo... for the sisters out there, would you marry an ex gangsta revert? Brothers, would you allow your daughter to marry one?

I’ve had a brother interested in marrying me & he’s done things in the right & correct manner (approach my father etc) however my father isn’t practising & isn’t exactly taking his role as a wali seriously. (I’m also divorced) and so I’ve done some serious FBI work on this brother & have found out that he has been to prison 15 times. Wallah I’m not joking, I wish I was! He has got something like 68 offences on his record and 29 convictions. The brother has said that these offences were before he became Muslim & most of the offences are fighting. I have met the brother once in the presence of family & he’s softly spoken, seems calm and genuine. He seems to have a genuine love for Islam and has said that he reverted whilst in prison.
    Obviously when someone reverts, we look past their jahilliyah & I’m not being judgemental but he does seem to have had a very rocky start in life.¬†

Soo..would you overlook a person’s past or would it bother you?¬†
Working...
X