Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A woman can ask for a divorce if she does not like the husband taking a second wife

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A woman can ask for a divorce if she does not like the husband taking a second wife

Not many muslim men know this but it is actually true. I don't know why there are muslims who still deny this. The most famous example was Ali ra who wanted to take a second wife while he was still married to fatima ra. Fatima ra became upset went to her father saw and the prophet presented ali with a choice. If you want to marry someone else, divorce fatima first.

Everytime i see some brain dead bro who read all his rights in marriage and none of the responsibilites say ''bubu bro she cant divorce me famm i am allowed to marry someone else... ''my eyes roll in the back of my head

Alright so where is your daleel then
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post
      Alright so where is your daleel then
      https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1431...adhere-to-that

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock1 View Post
        Not many muslim men know this but it is actually true. I don't know why there are muslims who still deny this. The most famous example was Ali ra who wanted to take a second wife while he was still married to fatima ra. Fatima ra became upset went to her father saw and the prophet presented ali with a choice. If you want to marry someone else, divorce fatima first.

Everytime i see some brain dead bro who read all his rights in marriage and none of the responsibilites say ''bubu bro she cant divorce me famm i am allowed to marry someone else... ''my eyes roll in the back of my head
        What you want to derive from the hadeeth is incorrect. The ruling you got is actually pure falsehood.

Don't take my word for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5kFEU9hC8

The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) got angry and said he will not permit that marriage to take place, not because Ali was going to marry a second wife, but because of the particular woman he was going to marry and her family, which was the daughter of Abu Jahl. He said in other narrations of the incident that he will not accept something which would harm Fatimah. In another narration: He will not accept the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and the daughter of the enemy of Allah (Abu Jahl) to be combined (come together under one husband).

Perhaps Othman al-Khamees is also a "brain dead bro" because he doesn't conform with your desires: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_5PY8cTcUs

A woman cannot ask for divorce or initiate divorce simply because her husband married a second wife. There has to be some hurt or injury or harm present. Merely feeling jealous and angry is not enough.

In reality, the issue isn't about what you can and cannot do. What you can do is open for you, and you can use the kafir laws to your advantage. You can also speak about the religion without knowledge and derive fatawa from ahadeeth you read. But it does not mean it's allowed or that a person won't be sinful, or that he/she will fall under the warning of the hadeeths.

Comment

She stipulated this in the contract. If he agreed to that condition at the time of the nikah, he must adhere to it and not marry a second wife.

Let's not add falsehood upon falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post

What you want to derive from the hadeeth is incorrect. The ruling you got is actually pure falsehood.

Don't take my word for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5kFEU9hC8

The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) got angry and said he will not permit that marriage to take place, not because Ali was going to marry a second wife, but because of the particular woman he was going to marry and her family, which was the daughter of Abu Jahl. He said in other narrations of the incident that he will not accept something which would harm Fatimah. In another narration: He will not accept the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and the daughter of the enemy of Allah (Abu Jahl) to be combined (come together under one husband).

Perhaps Othman al-Khamees is also a "brain dead bro" because he doesn't conform with your desires: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_5PY8cTcUs

A woman cannot ask for divorce or initiate divorce simply because her husband married a second wife. There has to be some hurt or injury or harm present. Merely feeling jealous and angry is not enough.

In reality, the issue isn't about what you can and cannot do. What you can do is open for you, and you can use the kafir laws to your advantage. You can also speak about the religion without knowledge and derive fatawa from ahadeeth you read. But it does not mean it's allowed or that a person won't be sinful, or that he/she will fall under the warning of the hadeeths.
            I suggest you skip to 1:40 of the clip for your answer. Othman al khamees was giving a general answer. However a woman can stipulate in her marriage contract that he should not take a second wife and if he fails to uphold it becomes a reason for divorce.

When the prophet told Ali to either divorce fatima or stick with her he did so because he said what displeases fatima also displeases me. Fatima was a jealous woman and the fact that ali wanted to marry another woman would cause her discomfort and sadness was a reason in itself for the prophet giving an ultimatum.

It had nothing to do with who the woman was or if she was the daughter of abu jahl. Here is uthman al khamees on the issue itself. go watch it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3YZjbfK3M

skip to 1:51

Your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post

She stipulated this in the contract. If he agreed to that condition at the time of the nikah, he must adhere to it and not marry a second wife.

Let's not add falsehood upon falsehood.
              I am glad you agree with me. That was my point. A woman can request divorce. Perhaps i should have added stipulate as a part of marriage contract in my title

Comment

I suggest you skip to 1:40 of the clip for your answer. Othman al khamees was giving a general answer. However a woman can stipulate in her marriage contract that he should not take a second wife and if he fails to uphold it becomes a reason for divorce.

When the prophet told Ali to either divorce fatima or stick with her he did so because he said what displeases fatima also displeases me. Fatima was a jealous woman and the fact that ali wanted to marry another woman would cause her discomfort and sadness was a reason in itself for the prophet giving an ultimatum.

It had nothing to do with who the woman was or if she was the daughter of abu jahl. Here is uthman al khamees on the issue itself. go watch it for yourself.

Your welcome
                I really hope you listened to the entire clip you linked. He mentions the second opinion of the scholars as well, that such a condition (for the husband not to marry a second) is shart batil. By the way, he didn't mention what opinion he goes with.

Secondly, the clip proves the fact that it appears that the Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) placed a condition on Ali that he does not marry a second over Fatimah. In such a case, he has to uphold this condition.

A woman placing a condition on her husband at the time of the nikah not to marry a second wife is one issue, and what you posted your thread about is another issue.

As for the clip I linked, the shaykh clearly says that it is not allowed for a woman to demand divorce unless there is ba's present. And that him marrying a second does not mean there is ba's on the first wife.

"and the fact that ali wanted to marry another woman would cause her discomfort and sadness was a reason in itself for the prophet giving an ultimatum." To be straightforward, you are making this up. There is no evidence to prove this at all.

To summarize, you are using the fact that a woman can place a condition on a man to not marry a second at the time of nikah as evidence that a woman who didn't place such a condition on her can demand a divorce. The clip I posted clearly says this.

Comment

I am glad you agree with me. That was my point. A woman can request divorce. Perhaps i should have added stipulate as a part of marriage contract in my title
                  No. She has the right to annul the marriage. That is different than requesting a divorce.

See how you have confused the two issues and derived rulings and given fatawa without knowledge?

Comment

Your welcome
                    By the way, to answer your bolded point, the hadeeth Othman al Khamees referred to is a different than the one you mentioned in your OP.

Comment

You need to be carefull with your words, your thread is very deceptive, telling all woman to go and divorce their man when he wants a 2nd wife. That issue vs the marriage being annulled due to conditions being dismissed is a huge difference. Fear Allah when it comes to this stuff
                      Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Its better to use arabic terms like talaq or khula people will get confused by divorce, annulment etc

If the husband gets a 2nd wife
                        and the 1st really hates it to the point where she finds the husband repulsive or hates him/jealous and the marriage is breaking down she can go to an islamic court and request khula but she will have to pay her mahr back and alot of the time double the mahr

Comment

Closed because OP is a fool.

Comment

Working...
                          X