• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do muslims meet someone for marraige

How

Still figuring that out myself.

Comment

ask through the mosque, ask through relatives. when they find someone compatible they can arrange a meeting for you.

theres also websites but i don't think its advised for me to mention that...

Comment

no idea.

wasted a lot of money online and mosque services...rubbish

now I just have to leave it and make dua and hope I wont be alone forever

Comment

Ummah Forums

Comment

You send your mom or grandma or any other female relative to the mosque to start scouting the scene. She will see who seems suitable or she will talk to all of her friends there to ask if they know anybody. And then they will report back to you to give you what information they have gathered.

Comment

Why doesn't this site have a match making section? I can't be the first to suggest this

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                Ummah Forums
                Lol this cracked me up ahaha
                Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Khamsa_khmis View Post
                  Why doesn't this site have a match making section? I can't be the first to suggest this
                  Believe me, people have been suggesting it for years.

But they want to keep the forum strictly for discussions only. If you're interested in someone you have to message the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                    Ummah Forums
                    Son, you are a wise old goat. Why don't you help people out. I think you would make a lovely uncle matchmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Khamsa_khmis View Post
                      You need to get to 100 posts and then a mod would get in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Son, you are a wise old goat. Why don't you help people out. I think you would make a lovely uncle matchmaker.
                        Sure, son. Sure.

Let me know which user it is and I'll see what I can do for you.

Comment

Through the masjid matrimonial books (if they have them - or something equivalent)

Online Muslim matrimonial services - which can be terrible since you have to wade through and filter out a lot of incompatible people

Via family or friend suggestions - they might know of someone single who's on the same level as you

Joining Muslim matrimonial WhatsApp/Facebook groups where they post profiles - but they can be very selective i.e focused on one ethnic background or cultural group.

Sometimes - and this isn't the ideal but it can/does happen - you might see someone in college or work that is compatible. It can get tricky navigating how to correctly approach them so I wouldn't do that unless you know, for sure, that there's a halal means of approach and further communication.

Local Muslim organisations might have some programmes catered towards Muslim singles so check them out. It could be a database or service they provide.

And yeah, people can and do meet online on Islam-focused boards - but that's usually a side effect and doesn't happen all that often.

But even after all that, the most important thing to remember is that it'll happen when it happens. Be proactive, of course, but don't get disheartened if things prove tricky. Try not to give up.
                          ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                          U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I thought it was aunties who did that sort of stuff.

Though it's nice to know there's gender equality in the matchmaking department. Can't let the aunties have all the fun.
                            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post

I thought it was aunties who did that sort of stuff.

Though it's nice to know there's gender equality in the matchmaking department. Can't let the aunties have all the fun.
                              I'm not convinced the aunties are doing a great job. It's turned into a money making exercise. We need a change. The likes of Bashy I think would do it out of love. I can see him getting quite teary on each successfully match up. Although we need to remain vigilant and ensure he's not thinking of all the walima invites he would be getting.

Comment

Working...
                              X