Wanting to marry a talib/talibah of knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

scholar/ student of knowledge will be much more busy then an average person due to the amount of work they have or like to do
    In terms of piety/religiosity.

Even non-Scholars can be busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

In terms of piety/religiosity.

Even non-Scholars can be busy.
      in terms of seeking ilm or teaching ilm

i remember mufti muneer saying how many women want to marry talab al ilm but when it happens they start saying "hes not spending enough time with me"

but thats the life of a real taalib they are busy in their books non stop its like an addiction

of course the spouse has rights and it shouldnt be neglected but shuyookh and talab al ilm are busy giving dawah or seeking ilm and they prioritise that alot of the time consciously or subconsciously

Comment

i remember mufti muneer saying how many women want to marry talab al ilm but when it happens they start saying "hes not spending enough time with me"

but thats the life of a real taalib they are busy in their books non stop its like an addiction

of course the spouse has rights and it shouldnt be neglected but shuyookh and talab al ilm are busy giving dawah or seeking ilm and they prioritise that alot of the time consciously or subconsciously
        The same could apply to someone who is a doctor ot lawyer/solicitor too. They are busy people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

The same could apply to someone who is a doctor ot lawyer/solicitor too. They are busy people too.
          yh i dont deny that
          generally i wouldnt recommend a guy to marry a doctor or someone in a busy job like that

Comment

yh i dont deny that
            generally i wouldnt recommend a guy to marry a doctor or someone in a busy job like that
            Why not?

Comment

Why not?
              coz they so busy

Comment

I think that's what people don't appreciate, it is a full time thing.

I believe one of the first responsibilities of being someone with knowledge is to share that knowledge and bring benefit to others. You don't study so you can sit at home all day.

That might mean advising someone on divorce, marriage, a family dispute, a drug problem etc. life is complicated and messy and those with knowledge have a duty to inform, educate and guide others. It is a very difficult, unglamorous, exhausting life. People of knowledge make huge sacrifices and live very tough lives, many people don't see this.

If you look at the Prophets (pbut), they all lived very difficult lives, many were oppressed and faced threats however it was their duty to preach, spread the deen and to guide and advise people. They could not just sit at home all day in ibadah. That is easy however it is tough to deal with people from all walks of life and advise them.

Comment

Being married to a scholar or an average Muslim man - should not be any different. They're both men at the end of the day.

Also - I'm not sure I understand that a woman won't be able to "do, and eat or wear" like she used to do before?

Why/how does that change?
                  I'll give you an example.

I went to a marriage meeting, during the course of the discussion the issue of clothing came up, so even though she was wearing an abaayah at the time, she told me that she wears skinny jeans at home. So I told her that's not on, because it's haraam to dress like that in front of her own parents what still about mine.

But she felt that I am being extreme because her father is a moulana and he doesn't have a problem with it.

Then there's the issue here of animals being stunned before slaughter, and vanilla essence that is extracted via alcohol, commercially slaughtered chickens that are shackled shocked and then killed, coca cola, and a host of other stuff which I don't consider permissible, far removed is the american and UK lifestyle where it's normal for a person to go to a kaafir owned restaurant to buy something as simple as the ice cream, much less the "cheeseburger" or other stuff like that which people think nothing of.

Finding someone that holds the same views as me is rarer than finding the diamond in the rough, so I am open to marrying anyone that will change after marriage.

And people don't want to change, they feel it's too "difficult" of a life to lead.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post

I went to a marriage meeting, during the course of the discussion the issue of clothing came up, so even though she was wearing an abaayah at the time, she told me that she wears skinny jeans at home. So I told her that's not on, because it's haraam to dress like that in front of her own parents what still about mine.

But she felt that I am being extreme because her father is a moulana and he doesn't have a problem with it.

Then there's the issue here of animals being stunned before slaughter, and vanilla essence that is extracted via alcohol, commercially slaughtered chickens that are shackled shocked and then killed, coca cola, and a host of other stuff which I don't consider permissible, far removed is the american and UK lifestyle where it's normal for a person to go to a kaafir owned restaurant to buy something as simple as the ice cream, much less the "cheeseburger" or other stuff like that which people think nothing of.

Finding someone that holds the same views as me is rarer than finding the diamond in the rough, so I am open to marrying anyone that will change after marriage.

And people don't want to change, they feel it's too "difficult" of a life to lead.
                    I see.

That must be difficult.

Comment

Maybe she wasn't that into you because these aren't deal breakers.
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Maybe she wasn't that into you because these aren't deal breakers.
                        No ice cream, chicken or meat ... or coca cola.

:-(

Comment

And people don't want to change, they feel it's too " of a life to lead.
                          Haraam to wear jeans infront of her parents? From where did you get this ruling ?

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Haraam to wear skinny jeans infront of her parents? From where did you get this ruling ?
                            ^ (key word omitted)

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                            -------------------------------
                            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

^ (key word omitted)
                              Thank you but it still doesn't make a difference to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Thank you but it still doesn't make a difference to me.
                                Skinny jeans - they're the really tight ones, aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X