This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimsister91 View Post

I registered on muslima.com and honestly about 99% of messages received are from 50+year old men from abroad. Realistically that’s not going to work. On the minder app the majority of brothers on there classified themselves as ‘non-practicing.’ Now registered on single Muslim so see how it goes.
    Is single muslim still free for women?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

go on pure matrimony everything else is not good
      There all the same tbh even pure matrimony people on there are not serious

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

some will some wont
        its on you to filter the good from the bad

Comment

Funny how sisters complain about never getting any decent prospects online.

Meanwhile I message sisters I'm interested in and rarely get a reply.

Something doesn't add up here.

Comment

some will some wont
            its on you to filter the good from the bad
            Yh but they lie and say they are

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Maybe your messaging the wrong people. Or maybe they don't feel you will be compatible from what they read on your profile. If I see some things like the person only prays sometimes or doesn't pray then I don't reply. It could be anything.

Comment

Yh but they lie and say they are
                you should ask about things to understand his charachter

how often does he go to the masjid in a week
                what salaah does he go there for

does he currently do any islamic classes or has he done any in the last year
                does he want to seek knowledge in islam and go to islamic classes if he hasnt
                also why hasnt he

how often does he read quran in a week and if so for how long each time

does he have a beard or trying to grow one
                does he wear trousers above his ankles
                does he wear islamic clothing if so when or how often

does he listen to any islamic lecturers, students of knowledge or scholars
                apart from the obvious tv famous ones

does he do any volunteering or charity work or has he done so in the last year

does he want to move to a muslim country

these kind of questioms will filter good from bad
                of course he can lie but thats why u have to get charachter references and see him in real life and not rush in to marriage

Comment

Maybe your messaging the wrong people. Or maybe they don't feel you will be compatible from what they read on your profile. If I see some things like the person only prays sometimes or doesn't pray then I don't reply. It could be anything.
                  Deen wise I'm pretty compatible with them.

It's just a numbers game. You all get dozens of messages. Hard to stand out.

Comment

Not really, if there serious they will reply.

Comment

you should ask about things to understand his charachter

how often does he go to the masjid in a week
                      what salaah does he go there for

does he currently do any islamic classes or has he done any in the last year
                      does he want to seek knowledge in islam and go to islamic classes if he hasnt
                      also why hasnt he

how often does he read quran in a week and if so for how long each time

does he have a beard or trying to grow one
                      does he wear trousers above his ankles
                      does he wear islamic clothing if so when or how often

does he listen to any islamic lecturers, students of knowledge or scholars
                      apart from the obvious tv famous ones

does he do any volunteering or charity work or has he done so in the last year

does he want to move to a muslim country

these kind of questioms will filter good from bad
                      of course he can lie but thats why u have to get charachter references and see him in real life and not rush in to marriage
                      Yh those are good questions to ask, but before all that you need to make sure they have the same aqeeda. And honestly not a lot of people I spoken to do. Which leaves us with less options to choose from. Am not against the way other people choose to practice but when it comes to marriage both people need to be on the same page.

Comment

You probably don't climb mountains or sell cakes.

Comment

Yh those are good questions to ask, but before all that you need to make sure they have the same aqeeda. And honestly not a lot of people I spoken to do. Which leaves us with less options to choose from. Am not against the way other people choose to practice but when it comes to marriage both people need to be on the same page.
                          depends what your aqeedah is(maybe make it more clearer and elaborate on it in ur bio)
                          this is also why you need connections
                          ie friends who are married who can then get their spouse to look
                          maybe they have friends or
                          friends of friends etc
                          Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 12-02-19, 01:37 PM.

Comment

The website is paid, why would people pay for something they are not serious about?

Comment

Dont forget Allah has a decree. When a woman doesn't get back at you theres a very good reason behind that. Maybe Allah saved you from something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

The website is paid, why would people pay for something they are not serious about?
                                You tell me. It doesn’t matter if they pay or not, if someone’s intention is just to mess about then that’s what they will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X