X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a pious Muslim?

Salam,

How do you meet a potential husband.
    I am 27 years old, a single mother of a 3 year old son, due to his father not being present or a practising Muslim, I am solely responsible for him becoming a good Muslim.

I am new to the area, and the people around me are non-Muslims, hence why I'm on here.

Any advice is appreciated.

walaykum salaam you could try the marital websites like pure matrimony, I heard that's a decent one

not trying to put you off but be careful becauses sometimes there's married men on there pretending to be single when in reality they're just after some fun if you get my drift

Just make sure your wali is present whenever you communicate and you should be fine inshaAllah

Comment

Originally posted by muslimsister91 View Post
      Salam,

I am 27 years old, a single mother of a 3 year old son, due to his father not being present or a practising Muslim, I am solely responsible for him becoming a good Muslim.

I am new to the area, and the people around me are non-Muslims, hence why I'm on here.

Wsalam

Work on finding some sisters in order to have some support. Then take your time to find a husband, perhaps via the links you make or via "local" masjids. Online it's sounds like a minefield but works for some.

Comment

Salam,

If the father is not present how does your son manage to eat ham at his fathers house?

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...1-son-eats-ham

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

If the father is not present how does your son manage to eat ham at his fathers house?

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...1-son-eats-ham
          My son sees him twice a month and in terms of him gaining any Islamic knowledge from him, well that's non-existent. In terms of a presence, that's not constant. I should have clarified. But thank you so much for drawing this post to that attention.

You appear to be on the offensive looking for someone to attack or cast out. I'm not the person to argue with.

You should perhaps read a post of mine on the lounge section, it may teach you a thing or 2.

I hope that adequately answers your condescending question.
          Last edited by muslimsister91; 10-02-19, 08:07 PM.

Comment

My son sees him twice a month and in terms of him gaining any Islamic knowledge from him, well that's non-existent. In terms of a presence, that's not constant. I should have clarified. But thank you so much for drawing this post to that attention.

You appear to be on the offensive looking for someone to attack or cast out. I'm not the person to argue with.

You should perhaps read a post of mine on the lounge section, it may teach you a thing or 2.

I hope that adequately answers your condescending question.
            How did you come to that conclusion?

You seem like a troll and your blunders have been pointed out by some other sisters too. When asked questions you fail to answer and you seem to be asking such questions that have obvious answers.

You should actually read your own post in that section.

Comment

You seem like a troll and your blunders have been pointed out by some other sisters too. When asked questions you fail to answer and you seem to be asking such questions that have obvious answers.

Maybe she is going through a tough time and is a bit sensitive. Allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Maybe she is going through a tough time and is a bit sensitive. Allow it.
                I can't believe this is coming from you

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

I can't believe this is coming from you
                  I had some time to do some introspection.

Comment

If you think someone is trolling then why bother respond? No one is forcing you to reply to threads.

I think the sister is right, so many people on here just respond to attack the other person. Your not asking questions to help the sister but just so you can offend her even further. This needs to stop. Please speak good or remain silent.

Comment

Salam,

To be honest sister I would ask the same question, I tried online but I wouldn’t recommend it. Some people are there just to waste time. But if you have your wali with you then you could give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

If you think someone is trolling then why bother respond? No one is forcing you to reply to threads.

I think the sister is right, so many people on here just respond to attack the other person. Your not asking questions to help the sister but just so you can offend her even further. This needs to stop. Please speak good or remain silent.
                        Responded just incase she is not trolling, no harm in giving her the benefit of the doubt.

After reading replies to her and her response/lack of response I felt she was trolling.

As for you Janna90 you are accusing me of something that was not my intention so think carefully before throwing accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

To be honest sister I would ask the same question, I tried online but I wouldn’t recommend it. Some people are there just to waste time. But if you have your wali with you then you could give it a try.

I registered on muslima.com and honestly about 99% of messages received are from 50+year old men from abroad. Realistically that’s not going to work. On the minder app the majority of brothers on there classified themselves as ‘non-practicing.’ Now registered on single Muslim so see how it goes.

Comment

Any local mosques you can go to? Possible to make friends/connections there?

Comment

I registered on muslima.com and honestly about 99% of messages received are from 50+year old men from abroad. Realistically that’s not going to work. On the minder app the majority of brothers on there classified themselves as ‘non-practicing.’ Now registered on single Muslim so see how it goes.
                              go on pure matrimony everything else is not good

Comment

Working...
                              X