Triple talaq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
    Let's clear this up because Abu Sulayman has an unhealthy obsession with Shiekh Ibn Taymiyyah that I hope Allah Azza wa Jal makes him account for.

Source: Fatawa Islamiyyah Vol. 6

Published by Dar us Salaam Publisher

Question: A man pronounced divorce on his wife three times at once, what is the ruling on this?

Answer: If a man pronounces divorce on his wife three times, by saying to her: "You are thrice divorced," then the majority of the scholars hold that the three divorces upon the woman are counted, and that she is then forbidden to her husband until she marries another man of her choice, not Nikah At-Taheel, and he has sexual intercourse with her and then parts from her by death or divorce. As evidence for this, they cited the fact that Umar bin Al-Khattab r.a., endorsed it for the people. Others among the scholars held that is is considered to be only one divorce, and that he may take her back as long as she is still in her waiting period. If she completed her waiting period, it is permissible for him to marry her again with a new contract. As evidence, they cited the hadith confirmed in Sahih Muslim on the authority of Ibn Abbas r.a., in which he said: "In the time of the Prophet s.a.a.w. and in the time of Abu Bakr r.a., and for two years during the Caliphate of Umar r.a., three pronouncments of divorce were considered one. Umar said, 'Verily the people have been impatient, so if we carry it out upon the people it would be better.' So he carried it out upon them."

In another narration by Muslim, it is reported that Abu As-Sahba said to Ibn Abbas r.a., "Were not three taken as one, in the time of the Prophet s.a.a.w. and in the time of Abu Bakr r.a. and for three years of the rule of Umar r.a.?" He replied, "Yes."

They also cited evidnece in the narration of Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, with a good (jayyid) chain of narrators, on the authority of Ibn Abbas r.a., in which it is stated that Abu Rukanah prounounced divorce on his wife thrice, and he becaome very depressed over her. The Prophet s.a.a.w. returned her to him, saying: "It is only one (divorce)." They use this hadith and the one before it to apply to a divorce pronounced three times simultaneously. This reconciles between these two hadiths and the Words of Allah, Most High:

"The divorce is twice."(2:229) and "And if he has divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she has married another husband." (2:230)

And Ibn Abbas r.a., held this opinion, according to an authentic hadith narration from him, and he supported the view of the majority in another narration from him.

The view that it is counted as one is narrated from Ali, Abdur Rahman bin Awf and As-Zubair bin Al-Awwam r.a., and this is the opinion of a group among the Tabieen and Muhammad bin Ishaq, the author of As-Sirah, as well as a group of the earlier and the later scholars and Shiekh Ibn Taymiyyah and his student, Ibn Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on them both, and that is my verdict. This is because by it, all of the evidences are acted upon, and also because therein lies mercy and kindness for the Muslims. Shiekh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz

but apparently this is what raafida use
    and apparently ibn taymiyaa has abnormal opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post

This claim is quite obviously that of the twelver shi'a and not based upon real proofs.
      That someone claiming to be Sunni would repeat such Rafidhi claims is beyond me.

As for Ibn Taymiyyah: He was a Hanbali scholar, but had abnormal views regarding a number of issues of belief and jurisprudence. This issue is among his known abnormal views and it’s not allowed to throw away the known and clear-cut ruling mentioned by the 4 Madhahib for the claim of two or three scholars who came much later after the noble companions, may Allah ta’ala be pleased with them.

One should be really careful regarding issues were a consensus has been mentioned and not be fooled by revisionist or modernist views.
      u hate him so much coz he exposed asharis

Comment

So Abu Sulayman was misinformed or misinforming when he said that this was a Twelver Shia idea about what Umar did because it is in Sahih Muslim. That someone claiming to be Sunni would not know this is beyond me. Also, there are Sahabi that believed it to be one divorce aside from the Tabieen and scholars later so he was once again not entirely truthful with his claims but takes every effort to disparage Ibn Taymiyah like he tried to do in the other nonsensical hate thread of his. And Allah Knows Best
        Last edited by Musbah; 22-01-19, 11:03 PM.
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post
          Some of you here should really start fearing Allah ta’ala and stop making up rulings!!

When a man divorces his wife three times - no matter whether that is in three separate situations or just one!!! - then this counts as three. This means that they can not live with each other again (except with the known exception).
          This is a known ruling according to all accepted Madhahib of Ahl al-Sunnah throughout Islamic history.
          It is obviously not a good idea to announce Talaq three times in one sitting (because it takes away the possibility for reconciliation), but this doesn’t change the ruling!

There is the position that it counts as one divorce, but this position is abnormal and unacceptable just like for example Zawaj al-Mut'a.

Living together after three Talaq are announced is forbidden, because the two persons are not married anymore. This is the ruling that all of the Islamic courts throughout our history have implemented. This ruling does not change suddenly after 1400 years!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	wahhabis1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	12599831

Comment

There is no need for this childish behavior. This is not befitting of an adult Muslim.

There is also no need at all to change the subject. Some of you tried to act as if announcing three divorces in one sitting counts as one thereby misleading the sister.
            That’s why I pointed out that it counts as three and that this ruling has been enforced in all Islamic courts that implemented any of Sunni Madhahib throughout our history.

Coming up with revisionist or modernist views is not acceptable.

As for the Fatwa of Ibn Baz and his claim that some companions had this view then both is wrong.
            As for the narration in Sahih Muslim then you should refer to the statements of classical scholars regarding this and NOT come up with your own explanations.

It’s quite shameless to try to act as if 'Umar bin al-Khattab - radhiallahu ‘anhu - made up a ruling out of nowhere and this is exactly what the Rawafidh claim! We ask Allah ta’ala for well-being.
            Last edited by Abu Sulayman; 23-01-19, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Your ex-husband is a fool and a loser. He has no respect for you or the sanctity of nikah or even the laws of Allah SWT, for that matter. He thinks marriage is a game that he can utter triple talaq whenever he wants and then emotionally blackmail you saying he misses you and wants you back.

It's no use shooting a person thrice on the head and then crying out loud when he's dead. The consequences should have been thought out well before pulling the trigger.

If your husband really loved you and cared about you so much, why did he divorce you in such a cruel and uncouth manner ? Don't give silly justifications like he was forced to or did it out of anger. Obviously, nobody divorces their wife telling "My darling wife, I love you so much. I divorce you" but Allah has made a woman a worthy and honourable individual in Islam . If a couple do not get along, then the procedure of giving out talaq has clearly been laid out in the Qur'an.

However, if a jaahil husband treats his wife like trash and thinks he can still live with her after uttering triple talaq, then remember that it is Allah who has decreed that his wife becomes haram upon him forever. This is a lesson to him that a woman is not a plaything. If you want to be with her, live with her with respect and dignity. You utter talaq thrice, you lose her forever.

When Allah Himself has decreed that such a man does not deserve to have you as his wife henceforth, it's best for you to move on. Do not rebel against the laws of Allah or go fatwa-shopping from mufti to mufti, looking for a loophole. Pray to Allah to give you patience and replace you with a much better husband.

Comment

Just want to post this ayat from Surah Baqarah to see if it is relating to this thread:

Surah Baqarah 231:

"And when you have divorced women and they have fulfilled the term of their prescribed period, either take them back on reasonable basis or set them free on reasonable basis. But do not take them back to hurt them, and whoever does that, then he has wronged himself. And treat not the Verses (Laws) of Allah as a jest, but remember Allah's Favours on you (i.e. Islam), and that which He has sent down to you of the Book (i.e. the Quran) and Al-Hikmah (the Prophet's Sunnah - legal ways - Islamic jurisprudence, etc.) whereby He instructs you. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is All-Aware of everything."
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                  Just want to post this ayat from Surah Baqarah to see if it is relating to this thread:

Surah Baqarah 231:

"And when you have divorced women and they have fulfilled the term of their prescribed period, either take them back on reasonable basis or set them free on reasonable basis. But do not take them back to hurt them, and whoever does that, then he has wronged himself. And treat not the Verses (Laws) of Allah as a jest, but remember Allah's Favours on you (i.e. Islam), and that which He has sent down to you of the Book (i.e. the Quran) and Al-Hikmah (the Prophet's Sunnah - legal ways - Islamic jurisprudence, etc.) whereby He instructs you. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is All-Aware of everything."
                  Jzk for all of the messages. I am heartbroken and emotionally confused but I’m sure Allah’s wisdom will clear everything one day. Maybe I was good enough for my ex husband either but I can’t have him in my life without any halal or future basis. I have never thrown a person away and I don’t want to but it is the wisdom of if all.

Comment

That's why talaq is a very very serious matter.
                    Emphasized in almost a lot of pre-marriage discourses.

If you wish to get back to him,
                    My advise is to go ask the religious scholars, get a second or 3rd opinion by all means.
                    And provide them all the necessary story, how he did the talaq, the situation, what happened after and thereafter. do not missed any details out.

Family disputes were handled in sharia courts presided over by a judge (qadi) who had enough legal education to decide some legal questions and queried a mufti if faced with a difficult legal issue

Then accept what has been conveyed to you.

Usually there is a marriage council for these kind of matters.

but then again if he really didnt think twice about doing triple talaq, why should you want to think twice about going back to him.
                    Possibility of same thing happening again. But we can't really comment much, we don't know your full story.
                    You may be in the wrong, he may be in the wrong, or the marriage wasn't just meant to be.

Best is also to ask Allah swt to show you the way. Then decide and tawakkal.
                    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Baqarah [ 2:183] and [2:185] O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -

The month of Ramadhan is that in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. Al-Baqarah [2:185]

Comment

Update:

i have found out recently my ex in laws have been slandering me to anyone and everyone they know saying things like I used to hit my ex husband so he had to let me go.

I understand that people say all sorts to protect protect their own sick but his family all saw the bruises on my skin from the from when he hit me and yet they would lie about something so disgusting? Do people have no fear of Allah.

i am trying to move forward and recover from the abuse I faced and realise now I was in a marriage with a narcissist.

Make dua for me this ramadan please

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_Bee View Post
                        Update:

i have found out recently my ex in laws have been slandering me to anyone and everyone they know saying things like I used to hit my ex husband so he had to let me go.

I understand that people say all sorts to protect protect their own sick but his family all saw the bruises on my skin from the from when he hit me and yet they would lie about something so disgusting? Do people have no fear of Allah.

i am trying to move forward and recover from the abuse I faced and realise now I was in a marriage with a narcissist.

May Allah make things easy for you sister
                        “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

Not done forever. She would have to marry someone else first then divorce, wait for iddah to end before she went back to him.
                          This cannot be planned though, as some devious individuals do.
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Sister_Bee Insha'Allah will be making dua for you. May Allah protect you from what these corrupt people say to harm you.
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_Bee View Post
                              Update:

Allah doesn't burden a soul with what they can't handle, so Allah knows you're stronger than this and you can persevere. As for your ex husband's family slandering you like this,they may think that he's doing this to make him look good in this world. But Allah tells us the dangers of gheebah and slander. All they're doing is giving you good deeds and/or taking away your sins. So don't stoop to they're level and keep your head held up high, but lower it in humbleness to Allah for protecting you from a husband and family like this.

I think this showed that he doesn't take divorce and marriage seriously and if he abused you, then this is a blessing for you to now be removed from it. Right now, I'd block him from your phone, social media, etc... This chapter in your life is now over, now spend the rest of Ramadan making du'a to Allah.

May Allah make this easy for you and may He also make your ex husband and his family wake up and repent. Ameen.
                              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                              It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                              Surah al-Baqarah
                              [2:245]

.:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                              ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Working...
                              X