Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers who are not married and over 20 - why are you delaying marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers who are not married and over 20 - why are you delaying marriage?

Genuine question

What is keeping you from getting married and not delaying it?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Women!!!!!!! They are too busy building their careers and want to marry when they reach 29 and a half
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

The mother said no. So now I am going to blame feminists.

Comment

Delayed it for a mixture of dumb education reason and other dumb ones. I did ask one person for marriage years ago but they wanted me to wait 10 years for them to finish education, whereas I preferably wanted to marry the following summer... So there was that difference.

I've moved past such thinking though but now I have an actual personal problem lol which I need to sort out before marriage, probably the first time I've had a legitimate reason for delay.

From my friend group in real life, I think all of them would get married if they were able to. They delay marriage mainly because of education (parental pressure to finish education + persuading themselves into thinking that they can't manage marriage alongside studying). Honestly there was one guy (who is graduated and now married), he was uni for 6 years in total and for the years I knew him, he wouldn't stop talking about marriage. I think a lot of guys are their own obstacles tbh. Some girls don't really help themselves either but I feel the guys should be judged harsher in this regard.
        Last edited by Medic; 12-01-19, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Finding a someone 10 years yoounger is illegal at 20 and not illegal at 30
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            Genuine question

What is keeping you from getting married and not delaying it?
            I was told women are like buses...you wait ages and then two come along at the same time.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I was told women are like buses...you wait ages and then two come along at the same time.
                lool

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                  Finding a someone 10 years yoounger is illegal at 20 and not illegal at 30
                  Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Comment

Most are not mature enough to marry at age 20 in current times.
                    ┳┻|
                    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                    ┳┻|⊂ノ
                    ┻┳|
                    :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                      Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

the highest of culture, she must be able to solo perform devdas
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                          I agree.

Not many mature 20 year old men (?) who can take the emotional/physical and financial responsibilities of marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

u sound like basheer

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

u sound like basheer
                              nah
                              i dont
                              idk what u mean
                              ur bare wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X