Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(3rd versa) Marrying somebody from a specific country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (3rd versa) Marrying somebody from a specific country


    Asalamu Alaykom,

    The prophet (SAW) said marry for four characteristics, them being

    Beauty

    Family

    Status

    Religion

    I intend to marry a person from a specific ethnicity, but there they speak the language of that country, a minority speaking English. In my opinion a person who is from that country, practising and English speaking would be my dream spouse, and surely it is possible as, well, there are good apples everywhere, but the thing is I have no relatives in that country (or well quite possibly), If I live in that country for 6 months, get to know some neighbours, how would I take on from here, what are the different paths I could take to get a spouse I am looking for? like I wake up on a Monday morning in my neighbourhood in that country and think I would like to begin looking for a spouse, what options can I do from there? (No dating sites, pure HUMAN discussion)(e.g local mosque imam?)
    also if this will be banned like the last one, can you please specify why, i was really hoping for an answer to that question...


    (and if you are reading this Abu Abdullah, PLEASE do not close it, myself and my family are really hoping for a community answer)

  • #2
    You should just go to the local masjid and mingle with your fellow Muslims. Through getting to know them, something may happen.


    Just a tip though, if a thread is closed then you should go to the helpdesk to ask for it to be reopened and state your case. If you keep reopening a thread on the same topic, then you risk getting banned.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

    "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

    .:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

    .:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Plinchun View Post
      ...like I wake up on a Monday morning in my neighbourhood in that country and think I would like to begin looking for a spouse, what options can I do from there?...
      Like, are you planning on going wife hunting before or after breakfast?

      Comment


      • #4
        my advice

        Go to X forum, get to know the people, learn, befriend and maybe something will come from it
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

          Like, are you planning on going wife hunting before or after breakfast?
          After a zuhr, with breakfast, interesting you use the term hunting, I see it more like searching

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shay5 View Post
            my advice

            Go to X forum, get to know the people, learn, befriend and maybe something will come from it
            Maybe as a last resort, the country is so beautiful I would rather look for someone the beautiful, old fashioned way

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
              You should just go to the local masjid and mingle with your fellow Muslims. Through getting to know them, something may happen.


              Just a tip though, if a thread is closed then you should go to the helpdesk to ask for it to be reopened and state your case. If you keep reopening a thread on the same topic, then you risk getting banned.
              within my current place or in the anonymous country?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Plinchun View Post

                After a zuhr, with breakfast, interesting you use the term hunting, I see it more like searching
                A bit late, no? Early bird catches the worm. Though I see you point about going after breakfast... not going shopping on an empty stomach and all that.

                Right, so you've had breakfast and lunch, where to now...?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Plinchun View Post

                  Maybe as a last resort, the country is so beautiful I would rather look for someone the beautiful, old fashioned way
                  you're weird...
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shay5 View Post

                    you're weird...
                    what? Why?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Plinchun View Post

                      what? Why?
                      Can you tell me what you have to offer? AS a husband?
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                        where to now...?
                        that's exactly what I am asking :-), where do I go now? what are my options? the mosque? Imam <-preferably

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Plinchun View Post

                          that's exactly what I am asking :-), where do I go now? what are my options? the mosque? Imam <-preferably
                          You just answered your own question. What do you want from us exactly?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You have misunderstood the hadith. The four things mentioned are examples of what people may find desirable in a spouse and the prophet pbuh mentioned to seek one with religious commitment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                              You just answered your own question. What do you want from us exactly?
                              I was told these are unrealistic answers

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X