Clear All

• (3rd versa) Marrying somebody from a specific country

Asalamu Alaykom,

The prophet (SAW) said marry for four characteristics, them being

Beauty

Family

Status

Religion

I intend to marry a person from a specific ethnicity, but there they speak the language of that country, a minority speaking English. In my opinion a person who is from that country, practising and English speaking would be my dream spouse, and surely it is possible as, well, there are good apples everywhere, but the thing is I have no relatives in that country (or well quite possibly), If I live in that country for 6 months, get to know some neighbours, how would I take on from here, what are the different paths I could take to get a spouse I am looking for? like I wake up on a Monday morning in my neighbourhood in that country and think I would like to begin looking for a spouse, what options can I do from there? (No dating sites, pure HUMAN discussion)(e.g local mosque imam?)
    also if this will be banned like the last one, can you please specify why, i was really hoping for an answer to that question...

(and if you are reading this Abu Abdullah, PLEASE do not close it, myself and my family are really hoping for a community answer)

You should just go to the local masjid and mingle with your fellow Muslims. Through getting to know them, something may happen.

Just a tip though, if a thread is closed then you should go to the helpdesk to ask for it to be reopened and state your case. If you keep reopening a thread on the same topic, then you risk getting banned.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Plinchun View Post
      ...like I wake up on a Monday morning in my neighbourhood in that country and think I would like to begin looking for a spouse, what options can I do from there?...
      Like, are you planning on going wife hunting before or after breakfast?

Comment

my advice

Go to X forum, get to know the people, learn, befriend and maybe something will come from it
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Like, are you planning on going wife hunting before or after breakfast?
          After a zuhr, with breakfast, interesting you use the term hunting, I see it more like searching

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
            my advice

Go to X forum, get to know the people, learn, befriend and maybe something will come from it
            Maybe as a last resort, the country is so beautiful I would rather look for someone the beautiful, old fashioned way

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
              You should just go to the local masjid and mingle with your fellow Muslims. Through getting to know them, something may happen.

Just a tip though, if a thread is closed then you should go to the helpdesk to ask for it to be reopened and state your case. If you keep reopening a thread on the same topic, then you risk getting banned.
              within my current place or in the anonymous country?

Comment

After a zuhr, with breakfast, interesting you use the term hunting, I see it more like searching
                A bit late, no? Early bird catches the worm. Though I see you point about going after breakfast... not going shopping on an empty stomach and all that.

Right, so you've had breakfast and lunch, where to now...?

Comment

Maybe as a last resort, the country is so beautiful I would rather look for someone the beautiful, old fashioned way
                  you're weird...

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

you're weird...
                    what? Why?

Comment

what? Why?
                      Can you tell me what you have to offer? AS a husband?

Comment

where to now...?
                        that's exactly what I am asking :-), where do I go now? what are my options? the mosque? Imam <-preferably

Comment

that's exactly what I am asking :-), where do I go now? what are my options? the mosque? Imam <-preferably
                          You just answered your own question. What do you want from us exactly?

Comment

You have misunderstood the hadith. The four things mentioned are examples of what people may find desirable in a spouse and the prophet pbuh mentioned to seek one with religious commitment.

Comment

You just answered your own question. What do you want from us exactly?
                              I was told these are unrealistic answers

Comment

Working...
                              X