Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a Muslim sister find a husband?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

Some parents don't help their kids. They can be religious, but due to cultural nonsense, they don't do anything. In some Somali households, the fathers expect the girls to find a spouse while helping their sons.

It's weird, but funny when you think about it.
    thats asking for disasters

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

thats asking for disasters
      I guess.

I only brought it up, because there are sisters who are in the OPs situation and may come from religious families, but still can't find anyone. It's almost common place now, so it doesn't make them a troll.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

I guess.

I only brought it up, because there are sisters who are in the OPs situation and may come from religious families, but still can't find anyone. It's almost common place now, so it doesn't make them a troll.
        I've noticed that somali culture can seem more matriarchal compared to asian culture.

Comment

somalis are going through what asians already went through

coming to the west becoming too modern and imitating kuffar and losing deen
          asians have been here for 4 generations and u can see many have gone off
          however in the last 10 yrs its improving again

somalis are like 2nd generation here
          i live in an area with big somali community and my close friend is somali
          and it seems its getting worse for somalis
          they will probably go through what asians already went through

but this is the trouble of living in darul kufr
          people dont understand

Comment

Some parents don't help their kids. They can be religious, but due to cultural nonsense, they don't do anything. In some Somali households, the fathers expect the girls to find a spouse while helping their sons.

It's weird, but funny when you think about it.
            That's so weird to me...

Where do these somali fathers expect their daughters to find someone?
            Last edited by shay5; 31-12-18, 06:09 PM.
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

I asked my imam. He basically interviewed me about what I am looking for in a husband and found a brother for me. Good luck, sister. May Allah SWT make it easy for you.
              لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
              سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
                I asked my imam. He basically interviewed me about what I am looking for in a husband and found a brother for me. Good luck, sister. May Allah SWT make it easy for you.
                sister no such as thing as luck only Qadr

Comment

I agree its hard, how do I even find anyone right now?..

To that extent, I admire South Asians for having a strong system for getting their children married.

Try Muslim matrimonial sites sis
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                    I agree its hard, how do I even find anyone right now?..

To that extent, I admire South Asians for having a strong system for getting their children married.

Try Muslim matrimonial sites sis
                    ask married friends to look
                    ask family to look (ones that actually want to help)
                    ask people in the masjid

its alot easier for girls since they dont need to provide
                    only issue is after a certain age it becomes harder for them as most guys prefer younger

Comment

Working...
                    X