Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

shyness is uthma radi allahu anhu
    the prophet صلي الله عليه وسلام would cover his shin if clothing was not covering it
    when uthman came in the room

uthman after islam never even touched his private part

utham when being murdered told his wife to cover her self

utham who the angels were shy of

haya is one of the best characteristics a person can have

I find this strange because you need to when you have to wash yourself.
    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

It means he didn't touch it to masterbate. And I believe it should of said, "even before" not even after Islam.
      Last edited by Musbah; 14-12-18, 06:17 PM.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        modesty
        That's part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
          humbleness?
          That's also part of it.

Its related to and similar to taqwa, but extending to permissible matters as well.

Basically, when you're with friends lounging around and talking all ghetto and so on and then your grandfather walks in and you clean up your act, sit up straight, and speak in a more dignified and respectful manner even among your friends. Its a mix of several different things. Respect, shame, dignity, modesty, humbleness, humility, etc.

Comment

Found this:

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...ess#post337792

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

You misunderstood. Its not talking about not Washing private parts.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                I said above that morally it's not acceptable for men to speak to more than one woman and I wouldn't advise that. I simply mentioned it because a few users were calling her the other woman and saying that she's facilitating cheating. I'm not for this, but I also don't think the level of vitriol against the sister is correct.
                They have been in a two year relationship, we all know that is wrong. People are correctly pointing this out. The guy is engaged, I’m assuming marriage has been agreed between both families and the marriage is to happen.

It's one thing to be firm and provide tough love and it's another to just attack and put the sister on the defensive.
                She is in la la land and needs feet being placed firmly on the ground. She has no defence, her “relationship” has no good in it.

The OP just found out that her unofficial fiance (since he proposed, but didn't go to her father yet)
                This means nothing! You have just made up this status. This is not that far off “try before you buy”.

She's been speaking to him for two years and members of both families already knew about the situation.
                What is key here that it is only the female members of the family that are aware of this haram goings on. Just because others know does not make things permissible. Don’t you think it odd that none of the males know about it. This is what happens when women keep secrets and collude. What do you think would happen if either father found out what was going on and for how long and who exactly knew. You would have fireworks!

Her side assumed that once the two were graduated then they'd get married.
                Yes, keep up with the haram for 3-4 years and then that would give you a solid basis for a successful marriage!

There were expectations and feelings already in place and the sister doesn't know what to do. From her posts, it seems like she wants to leave and probably came here for a push to finally end things, but feelings are irrational and sometimes it's harder to put your words into action due to them.
                This is why we are told to keep the sexes apart. She is looking for a way to keep him, don’t kid yourself otherwise.

The brother is desperate, because he probably has feelings for the sister and wants to keep her, which is why he's using emotional blackmail to keep her with him and get her to be his second wife. He's putting pressure, because he wants his cake and eat it too. But it could also be because he doesn't want to be forced into a marriage that he wants no part of. So he's pushing the OP into just letting things go.
                And?

The correct way to advise her is to remind her of Islam and the deen, of course, but to encourage her to leave him in a kind and respectful way.
                Her contradictory posts, along with the heavy western influence means she needs a proper shake up. I mean “Classic Rock”, why do I have to read this s**t, does anyone care about my feelings!?!

That hasn't really happened and it's horrible to see. The sister above knows it's a messy situation and she might not have people in RL who can help her out, or she feels embarrassed by what has happened, so she came here only to get attacked and be called the other woman and cruel.
                The women in the family know so she does have support, your posts have been flip flopping and that is horrible to see…it is inconsistent. Have a read of all your posts if you are in doubt. Perhaps ditch those western, liberal, feminist leaning dross you like to read. It’s having a negative influence on you and you don’t even see it.

Is this what it means to be there for your brothers and sisters in Islam?
                Yes…she has been told to focus on her deen and end the relationship…pretty solid advice I would say.

Ajeeb...I mentioned technically to show that she's not the other woman. To make such a claim is almost akin to calling out her chastity. The sister just found out that the brother who proposed to her is involved with someone else and just needed encouragement to end the relationship. Instead, due to poor choice of words, she's been attacked more than she's been advised. That's a problem.
                I see your Ajeeb and raise an Ajeeb. She IS the other woman, your technicality was preceded with an “if” so I don’t know why you mentioned it, it means nowt. He is engaged to be married, from the sounds of it, this is happening. Her situation has zero grounding and therefore it’s clear who she is. I don’t know why this irks you. She is the girlfriend while the other sister is engaged to be married to this man. It’s obvious she is the spanner in the works. If you were the Afghan sister in this you would see it exactly the same way.

As for your previous question, the answer is obvious. I honestly don't understand why you asked me that in the first place (as opposed to anyone else on this thread), unless you already assumed what I thought and asked as a gotcha sort of thing. If that's the case, then my answer is irrelevant since you already have an answer that you're going to accept.
                It was obvious…I wanted to see if you thought the advice was still with merit.

The advice you gave of her becoming a second wife, is not something that you would want being offered as advice to the other woman if you were the Afghan sister. It’s not even remotely helpful advice to someone who not so long ago was not thinking of marriage full stop and is now presented with the option of being a second wife.

I put the question to you because you gave the advice.

Brothers and sisters, I'm not saying you need to disregard the deen when advising but please do it in a good way. I've seen users who come here and get attacked, only to then attack Islam after. Something that could be solved in a simple way was made worse due to our bad behaviour. I don't want that to happen here.
                You already described this as a messy situation, they usually are, so solving in a simple way is possible but it is often over looked because it is not what they want to hear. Don’t be surprised if some get fed up with reading mess like this over and over again and then decide to bring out the sledgehammer.

What about those that could come here and see a very soft approach being given and think, oh it’s not that bad of a situation I’ll carry on with my “relationship”. Do you consider this?

We can’t keep treating adults with kid gloves, we want to get brothers and sisters back on the straight path sooner rather than later and if feelings get hurt in the process so what? Do you really think we go through life without getting hurt. Let it build some character and some backbone.

It is possible you also gave some good advice but when it is interspersed with what I consider painful reading I think I should be forgiven for missing it.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

They have been in a two year relationship, we all know that is wrong. People are correctly pointing this out. The guy is engaged, I’m assuming marriage has been agreed between both families and the marriage is to happen.

She is in la la land and needs feet being placed firmly on the ground. She has no defence, her “relationship” has no good in it.

This means nothing! You have just made up this status. This is not that far off “try before you buy”.

What is key here that it is only the female members of the family that are aware of this haram goings on. Just because others know does not make things permissible. Don’t you think it odd that none of the males know about it. This is what happens when women keep secrets and collude. What do you think would happen if either father found out what was going on and for how long and who exactly knew. You would have fireworks!

Yes, keep up with the haram for 3-4 years and then that would give you a solid basis for a successful marriage!

This is why we are told to keep the sexes apart. She is looking for a way to keep him, don’t kid yourself otherwise.

And?

Her contradictory posts, along with the heavy western influence means she needs a proper shake up. I mean “Classic Rock”, why do I have to read this s**t, does anyone care about my feelings!?!

The women in the family know so she does have support, your posts have been flip flopping and that is horrible to see…it is inconsistent. Have a read of all your posts if you are in doubt. Perhaps ditch those western, liberal, feminist leaning dross you like to read. It’s having a negative influence on you and you don’t even see it.

Yes…she has been told to focus on her deen and end the relationship…pretty solid advice I would say.

I see your Ajeeb and raise an Ajeeb. She IS the other woman, your technicality was preceded with an “if” so I don’t know why you mentioned it, it means nowt. He is engaged to be married, from the sounds of it, this is happening. Her situation has zero grounding and therefore it’s clear who she is. I don’t know why this irks you. She is the girlfriend while the other sister is engaged to be married to this man. It’s obvious she is the spanner in the works. If you were the Afghan sister in this you would see it exactly the same way.

It was obvious…I wanted to see if you thought the advice was still with merit.

The advice you gave of her becoming a second wife, is not something that you would want being offered as advice to the other woman if you were the Afghan sister. It’s not even remotely helpful advice to someone who not so long ago was not thinking of marriage full stop and is now presented with the option of being a second wife.

I put the question to you because you gave the advice.

You already described this as a messy situation, they usually are, so solving in a simple way is possible but it is often over looked because it is not what they want to hear. Don’t be surprised if some get fed up with reading mess like this over and over again and then decide to bring out the sledgehammer.

What about those that could come here and see a very soft approach being given and think, oh it’s not that bad of a situation I’ll carry on with my “relationship”. Do you consider this?

We can’t keep treating adults with kid gloves, we want to get brothers and sisters back on the straight path sooner rather than later and if feelings get hurt in the process so what? Do you really think we go through life without getting hurt. Let it build some character and some backbone.

It is possible you also gave some good advice but when it is interspersed with what I consider painful reading I think I should be forgiven for missing it.
                  Ah. So it all makes sense now.

You do know that I wasn't the one who mentioned being a second wife first. Another user did and mentioned that the OP should tell the brother that they need to get married first, before he gets married to his cousin. I mentioned it in passing as one of the solutions she could do as well, but the main thing was that she should cut ties. The OP new that too, because why else would she come to a Muslim forum with this type of question? It wasn't to get people on her side and tell her that she was in the right, it was to get encouragement to leave the brother while also tending to her broken heart as well. She is an adult and she knows that she was in a messed up situation, but it's common sense to understand that the heart is weak in times like this so you have to handle the situation differently or she'll go on the defensive and stop posting.

In any case, I was curious as to why you took issue with my posts specifically and now it makes sense. Am I wrong in suspecting that you had some ill thoughts about me due to my 'liberal, western infused feminist leanings?'
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Ah. So it all makes sense now.
                    Oh this is exciting, you are having a light-bulb moment!!!

You do know that I wasn't the one who mentioned being a second wife first.
                    Very true, the boyfriend was the first to mention it. I think we should be taking things he says with a pinch of salt. However…

Another user did and mentioned that the OP should tell the brother that they need to get married first, before he gets married to his cousin.
                    You were the first user to run with the idea and put it forward as one of your three solutions as you see it.

I mentioned it in passing as one of the solutions she could do as well, but the main thing was that she should cut ties.
                    This was the second of the three solutions. You make it sound like they are in a legitimate relationship when you said “It's not like you guys have a kid or you're already married, so there's nothing holding you down. Just explain that this is too much, but you wish him the best. ”

Your comment for cutting ties was the penultimate sentence in a fairly long post and I say to you that this was something that was mentioned in passing…it even sounds so temporary…”Till then, it would be best to take a break from one another so you can cool down and sort these matters in your head.”

The OP new that too, because why else would she come to a Muslim forum with this type of question? It wasn't to get people on her side and tell her that she was in the right, it was to get encouragement to leave the brother while also tending to her broken heart as well. She is an adult and she knows that she was in a messed up situation, but it's common sense to understand that the heart is weak in times like this so you have to handle the situation differently or she'll go on the defensive and stop posting.
                    I’m not so sure…someone gave some sound advice and her response was to say don’t be so extreme in your judgement.

Why would a Muslim come to a Muslim forum and say they have a boyfriend and they listen to classic rock (see I had to write this again!!!). Who knows what the real reasons for people to post what they post. It’s beyond me.

So what she stops posting, she’s read the advice. It is up to her what she does with it. She is an adult remember.

In any case, I was curious as to why you took issue with my posts specifically and now it makes sense. Am I wrong in suspecting that you had some ill thoughts about me due to my 'liberal, western infused feminist leanings?'
                    Oh how disappointing. That is the second time something is making sense to you but you are still not getting any closer. I blame myself for not being clear. :-(

I just disagree with the general position you have taken in this thread, that’s it…don’t over complicate it. It must be a woman thing, is it? However, you are not the first person to think like this so perhaps it is something in the way I post. I like to think I am clear in what I write but perhaps I am not. What I will do from now on is if I don’t like someone I’ll post an “I dislike you terribly!!!” meme, just to be crystal clear. If it is not posted then we is cool.

Does it really follow that if you disagree with someone that you must also therefore dislike them on a personal level or have ill feelings towards them. What a sad way to think. -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Oh this is exciting, you are having a light-bulb moment!!!

Very true, the boyfriend was the first to mention it. I think we should be taking things he says with a pinch of salt. However…

You were the first user to run with the idea and put it forward as one of your three solutions as you see it.

This was the second of the three solutions. You make it sound like they are in a legitimate relationship when you said “It's not like you guys have a kid or you're already married, so there's nothing holding you down. Just explain that this is too much, but you wish him the best. ”

Your comment for cutting ties was the penultimate sentence in a fairly long post and I say to you that this was something that was mentioned in passing…it even sounds so temporary…”Till then, it would be best to take a break from one another so you can cool down and sort these matters in your head.”

I’m not so sure…someone gave some sound advice and her response was to say don’t be so extreme in your judgement.

Why would a Muslim come to a Muslim forum and say they have a boyfriend and they listen to classic rock (see I had to write this again!!!). Who knows what the real reasons for people to post what they post. It’s beyond me.

So what she stops posting, she’s read the advice. It is up to her what she does with it. She is an adult remember.

Oh how disappointing. That is the second time something is making sense to you but you are still not getting any closer. I blame myself for not being clear. :-(

I just disagree with the general position you have taken in this thread, that’s it…don’t over complicate it. It must be a woman thing, is it? However, you are not the first person to think like this so perhaps it is something in the way I post. I like to think I am clear in what I write but perhaps I am not. What I will do from now on is if I don’t like someone I’ll post an “I dislike you terribly!!!” meme, just to be crystal clear. If it is not posted then we is cool.

Does it really follow that if you disagree with someone that you must also therefore dislike them on a personal level or have ill feelings towards them. What a sad way to think. -_-
                      Ah, it must be my western infused liberal feminism getting to me. It makes women horrible and think to much. I've mentioned before that I have no issue with anyone on the forum. Truly. I don't and take every post as is. However, when someone says my line of thinking is due to western feminism and that I'm too liberal or whatever and then makes a side comment about it must being a woman thing....then akhi, what am I to think? You already assumed something when you first asked me a question way back way in this thread. And you yourself said why you asked....*shrugs*

I did mention the second wife, but it was in a way to make her see that it wasn't a viable option. Another user mentioned that she should suggest getting married to the brother first before he gets married, and yet there's only one post you took issue with. It's okay akhi, I get it.

I'm going to explain how I see the situation:

The sister listens to classic rock and plays video games, she doesn't get involved with guys and initially shot down the brother in the beginning. The fact that she listens to music and sees this as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship should immediately show you that she's not that religious and that her family may not be either. She could be a typical Muslim who prays, but doesn't know much about the deen. This is common place in universities and the like. The video games are fine though, because there's nothing wrong with them.

The sister may not know much about Islam, but she does know that there shouldn't be anything physical between the sexes. However, she doesn't realize that she shouldn't talk to them. But remember what she said in her first post, the brother told her that in order for them to talk comfortably she has to agree to marry him. So, she was under the impression that everything she was doing was Islamic. Whether he used this to get her closer to the deen or not, Allahu 'Alam, but he did set some clear guidelines to make it seem halal when it wasn't.

She got her family involved and spoke to his family as well. She thought they'd get married once she finished school, which is why she fell knee deep into something like this. Why didn't she get her father involved? It could be a number of reasons:

- Maybe he's not in the picture
                      - Maybe she's waiting for the guy to make the first move. She does seem naive when it comes to gendered relationships so she may assume that she can't go to her dad without the brother being involved and officially proposing.
                      - Maybe her mom and khala told her that they'll work on her dad before the brother approaches.

Allahu 'Alam. It's all speculation until the sister decides to come back and explains. Is it a sin that she got wrapped up in her feelings? Yes and no. Yes, because it happened in a haram way. Both parties believed that it was okay because they were getting married though, so they thought they were technically engaged and it was fine to talk. No, because you can't control your heart.

According to the OP, the brother only found out about the marriage to the sister back home recently. He didn't know about it before and is being forced since his father will disown him if he doesn't go through with it. His mother suggested that he marry both girls as a means to appease the son, since he didn't want to go through with it.

Whether this is true or not is irrelevant. The sister mention this to show that it could be an option and that he's pushing it, which is why we can say she can technically be the second wife and everything will be hunky dory. All the brother has to do is go to the OP's father and get it done. But she also mentioned it because she doesn't want to go through with it.

While this may work out, life is usually messier and the OP knows that which is why she probably came here to get an outsider's perspective. She mentioned classic rock, video games and Pokemon to show that she is still naive about the world and doesn't think she's mature enough to handle this sort of situation. She also said that she never saw herself as getting married and was content with the way her life was, but he shattered that.

She wants to leave. At least that's what her posts are telling me, but her heart is tied to him. She even said that she tried to maintain minimal contact but he's guilt tripping her and she's shook. That's why being harsh in this instance doesn't work. She knows it's a sin, but she needs kindness towards her heart so she can leave the situation while still being firm at the same time. She spent two years thinking that this was the guy that she'd marry and she fell in love. Because he didn't go to her father yet, she used the word boyfriend/girlfriend when in her heart she believed that they were engaged.

*shrugs* I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading the situation. The classic rock is irrelevant at this time, because what she needs is a reminder that if you leave something for Allah's Sake then He'll replace it with something better. Once she leaves the relationship, she'll have free time to play Pokemon (since there's a new game out) and come on here. Later on, she could get tips on how to stop listening to music and get closer to Allah.

But what do I know. I'm just a western minded liberal leaning feminist nobody.
                      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                      Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

*shrugs* I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading the situation. The classic rock is irrelevant at this time, because what she needs is a reminder that if you leave something for Allah's Sake then He'll replace it with something better. Once she leaves the relationship, she'll have free time to play Pokemon (since there's a new game out) and come on here. Later on, she could get tips on how to stop listening to music and get closer to Allah.

But what do I know. I'm just a western minded liberal leaning feminist nobody.
                        how do u know theres a new one out

u play it aswell?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

how do u know theres a new one out

u play it aswell?
                          Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. It's Pokemon Go mixed with the original handheld Pokemon games, but it's a lot easier. It's meant to help introduce people to the older series, while also trying to see how the game does on the Switch instead of its traditional platform.

I haven't played it though because games are expensive here and Smash Bros came out so....I don't plan on playing it, but maybe later on in life when it's free and I can get it from the library lol.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. It's Pokemon Go mixed with the original handheld Pokemon games, but it's a lot easier. It's meant to help introduce people to the older series, while also trying to see how the game does on the Switch instead of its traditional platform.

I haven't played it though because games are expensive here and Smash Bros came out so....I don't plan on playing it, but maybe later on in life when it's free and I can get it from the library lol.
                            nerd

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

nerd
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	nerd.gif
Views:	4
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	12594446

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

• where is that emoji from
                                it looks like some slick guy from an anime

Comment

Working...
                                X