Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to gauge a potential's sense of humor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budi.sudaryo
    started a topic How to gauge a potential's sense of humor?

How to gauge a potential's sense of humor?

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Brothers and sisters, humor is an important aspect in my life. It's hard imagining living with someone that I can't laugh with and just looks puzzlingly everytime I joke (moreover, I have a deadpan/subtle sense of humor that some people don't get). How would you gauge a potential's sense of humor? Or do you even make it a consideration? Jazakumullahu khair.

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

im not being prideful

i said that because he tried to imply i have no intelligence

Leave a comment:

• Oakenshield
    replied
    Displaying a sense of humour is not about flirting and coquettish behaviour nor is it putting on a full stand up comedy routine. If someone comes across sullen and miserable, then that is usually because they are like that. ( maybe their sense of humour is something they only share with the voices in their heads)

Leave a comment:

• uccello verde
    replied

i dont think its good for potentials to joke about in meetings

its not appropriate and it can lead to fitna
    I agree, that is what I was implying with my words.

Leave a comment:

• imran1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

If I was the girl, i'd think to myself how many girls has this person flirted with

PUT OFF

I would also assume you're very comfortable with chatting to girls unnecessarily

Be yourself though
    Great ........

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

You think so? :/

Isn't that the problem, behaving the same way with women and men
    It's different with men because he is a male.

A female might get the wrong signal.

I wouldn't like it if he is too casual with other females. They become too friendly to the point they'll feel like mates and that's when problems arise because people get too comfortable
    Aren't you trying to gauge what the person you could spend the rest of your life's personality is like, though? It only makes sense to be yourself. Shaykh Assim spoke about this before.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
    Generally, in that situation potential making jokes would be bit out there. (Who doesn't, like person with sense of humor. ) But, he can come across, as someone who has been doing a lot flirting/laughing.

​​​​​​Better, ask common interests and what he is doing with his free time. (Obviously, Deen has been checked, first)
    i dont think its good for potentials to joke about in meetings

its not appropriate and it can lead to fitna

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by HafidhMoinul View Post

Pride is no good
    im not being prideful

i said that because he tried to imply i have no intelligence

Leave a comment:

• HafidhMoinul
    replied

هههههه
    my iq is ok
    Pride is no good

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

I think this is a bit of a stretch, to be honest. It could be that they're being themself and they're generally a friendly person. They could be treating you the same way they treat men.
    You think so? :/

Isn't that the problem, behaving the same way with women and men
    It's different with men because he is a male.

A female might get the wrong signal.

I wouldn't like it if he is too casual with other females. They become too friendly to the point they'll feel like mates and that's when problems arise because people get too comfortable
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 23-12-18, 10:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

If I was the girl, i'd think to myself how many girls has this person flirted with

PUT OFF

I would also assume you're very comfortable with chatting to girls unnecessarily

Be yourself though
    I think this is a bit of a stretch, to be honest. It could be that they're being themself and they're generally a friendly person. They could be treating you the same way they treat men.

Leave a comment:

• uccello verde
    replied
    Generally, in that situation potential making jokes would be bit out there. (Who doesn't, like person with sense of humor. ) But, he can come across, as someone who has been doing a lot flirting/laughing.

​​​​​​Better, ask common interests and what he is doing with his free time. (Obviously, Deen has been checked, first)

Leave a comment:

• Oakenshield
    replied
    Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

Good idea but I am not sure how to have a witty banter without coming across as flirting.
    I don't think it would be considered flirting as both parties are fully aware of the purpose of the meeting...now stop making excuses and get in there with your top bants.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

Good idea but I am not sure how to have a witty banter without coming across as flirting.

PUT OFF

Be yourself though

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Just mention it to her that sense of humour is important to you and ask her what she thinks about it

​​​​​You won't be able to tell until you live with her

My sense of humour comes across rude and sometimes nerdy but like I said before, as long as it makes me laugh, don't know, don't care mate

As long as you can communicate with her, do isthikhaara when you make the final choice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X