Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to gauge a potential's sense of humor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
    Generally, in that situation potential making jokes would be bit out there. (Who doesn't, like person with sense of humor. ) But, he can come across, as someone who has been doing a lot flirting/laughing.

​​​​​​Better, ask common interests and what he is doing with his free time. (Obviously, Deen has been checked, first)
    i dont think its good for potentials to joke about in meetings

its not appropriate and it can lead to fitna

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

You think so? :/

Isn't that the problem, behaving the same way with women and men
      It's different with men because he is a male.

A female might get the wrong signal.

I wouldn't like it if he is too casual with other females. They become too friendly to the point they'll feel like mates and that's when problems arise because people get too comfortable
      Aren't you trying to gauge what the person you could spend the rest of your life's personality is like, though? It only makes sense to be yourself. Shaykh Assim spoke about this before.
      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

If I was the girl, i'd think to myself how many girls has this person flirted with

PUT OFF

I would also assume you're very comfortable with chatting to girls unnecessarily

Be yourself though
        Great ........
        "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
        western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i dont think its good for potentials to joke about in meetings

its not appropriate and it can lead to fitna
          I agree, that is what I was implying with my words.

Comment

Displaying a sense of humour is not about flirting and coquettish behaviour nor is it putting on a full stand up comedy routine. If someone comes across sullen and miserable, then that is usually because they are like that. ( maybe their sense of humour is something they only share with the voices in their heads)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

im not being prideful

i said that because he tried to imply i have no intelligence

Comment

Working...
              X