Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to gauge a potential's sense of humor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

It's a compliment. Just imagine, a pious woman with a killer sarcastic sense of humor.
    She would eat you alive. Think you're punching above your weight there mate.

So which kind of comedy do you like? I bet it's all edgy stuff.

Comment

How can u guage it? you have to engage in some kind of banter..witty repartee if you will...and see how she responds and reacts. Be careful that shes not just fake laughing at everything you say just to be polite or make a good impression. That won't last once you're married. See if she can make you laugh as well. Talk about things you find amusing and see how the conversation flows...if she doesn't cut the mustard just get up and leave...not before giving her a wali a tight slap across the face for wasting your precious time as you walk out the door.

Comment

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Brothers and sisters, humor is an important aspect in my life. It's hard imagining living with someone that I can't laugh with and just looks puzzlingly everytime I joke (moreover, I have a deadpan/subtle sense of humor that some people don't get). How would you gauge a potential's sense of humor? Or do you even make it a consideration? Jazakumullahu khair.
        Send her an IQ test?

Comment

Originally posted by Oakenshield View Post
          How can u guage it? you have to engage in some kind of banter..witty repartee if you will...and see how she responds and reacts. Be careful that shes not just fake laughing at everything you say just to be polite or make a good impression. That won't last once you're married. See if she can make you laugh as well. Talk about things you find amusing and see how the conversation flows...if she doesn't cut the mustard just get up and leave...not before giving her a wali a tight slap across the face for wasting your precious time as you walk out the door.
          Good idea but I am not sure how to have a witty banter without coming across as flirting.
          I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

Send her an IQ test?
            Sending memes is better I think
            I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Sending memes is better I think
              is that even permissable

Comment

Good idea but I am not sure how to have a witty banter...
                Should have stopped there...

-_-

Comment

Just mention it to her that sense of humour is important to you and ask her what she thinks about it

​​​​​You won't be able to tell until you live with her

My sense of humour comes across rude and sometimes nerdy but like I said before, as long as it makes me laugh, don't know, don't care mate

As long as you can communicate with her, do isthikhaara when you make the final choice

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Good idea but I am not sure how to have a witty banter without coming across as flirting.
                    If I was the girl, i'd think to myself how many girls has this person flirted with

PUT OFF

I would also assume you're very comfortable with chatting to girls unnecessarily

Be yourself though

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I don't think it would be considered flirting as both parties are fully aware of the purpose of the meeting...now stop making excuses and get in there with your top bants.

Comment

Generally, in that situation potential making jokes would be bit out there. (Who doesn't, like person with sense of humor. ) But, he can come across, as someone who has been doing a lot flirting/laughing.

​​​​​​Better, ask common interests and what he is doing with his free time. (Obviously, Deen has been checked, first)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

If I was the girl, i'd think to myself how many girls has this person flirted with

PUT OFF

I would also assume you're very comfortable with chatting to girls unnecessarily

Be yourself though
                          I think this is a bit of a stretch, to be honest. It could be that they're being themself and they're generally a friendly person. They could be treating you the same way they treat men.
                          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

I think this is a bit of a stretch, to be honest. It could be that they're being themself and they're generally a friendly person. They could be treating you the same way they treat men.
                            You think so? :/

Isn't that the problem, behaving the same way with women and men
                            It's different with men because he is a male.

A female might get the wrong signal.

I wouldn't like it if he is too casual with other females. They become too friendly to the point they'll feel like mates and that's when problems arise because people get too comfortable
                            Last edited by Ya'sin; 23-12-18, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

هههههه
                              my iq is ok
                              Pride is no good

Comment

Originally posted by HafidhMoinul View Post

Pride is no good
                                im not being prideful

i said that because he tried to imply i have no intelligence

Comment

Working...
                                X